+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA
Hi All

I am filling the spousal immigration form to sponsor my wife from Pakistan.

Now CIC introduced a new form regarding Details of Military service.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5546E.pdf

My wife never worked for the Military, but she does have a Govt job.

But her dad used to work for Military and now he is still a senior level Govt Officer.
Question?
Do I have to fill this form considering her dad was a military man?
Really confused about this.

Thanks
P.S. IF SOMEOnE RECENTLY DID SPOUSAL IMMIGRATION FROM PAK PLEASE MESSAGE ME, I REALLY NEED HELP FILLING FORMS.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
I want to submit medical upfront because in karachi I believe it will take some time to get appointment which can delay the process a bit.

If I have just submitted my application to CIC how to do the medical? The medical office might ask me things like UCI or Application number and I wont have that at this stage.
You cannot do an upfront medical anymore. CIC sends the PA a medical form which they need to take to IOM and they submit the form electronically to IRCC. We called on a Friday for my husband and he got an appointment on Wed the following week. So just wait for IRCC to send you the medical request.

Reactions: mdkath

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Dear 2017 applicants,

We submitted pur application on March 8, 2017 and got sponsor approval letter and medical request on March 21 and 30, 2017. Our medical wad done on April 10, 2017. Since then we have not heard anything about our file. So we called CIC missisagua call center in first week of June to find out the status of our file. We followup with them once in every two weeks. Now our file has been in transit since June or may be before that.

My question is has any of you experienced or experiencing the same thing. When will our file be transferred to LVO and why is it in transit for so long anyway. Call center agents confirm that everything in our application is in place.

Please guide. Thanks a lot!
We are an April 06 application and our file was transferred to LVO on May 24th. Each case is different and with the new process lots of anomalies! For example US applicants from Jan have not been transferred to Ottawa still. You aren't in the spreadsheet. Share your details if you don't mind please. It will help the rest of us also :)

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
CIC website says marriage certificate to be submitted is the “Nikkah Nama”. Do they need original nikkah nama or photocopy. I dont see mentioned original here, if they need original here then how do I know if they need original for others or photocopy.

Also they have asked for NIC which is right now in urdu, I will get it translated in English and after that do I need to attest it from foreign office before sending it over or the translated copy should be enough.
Yes attest all photocopies. All documents must have English translations and attestation of both original and English versions. We submitted a notarized copy of the Nikkah Namma. Our Nikkah Nama was in English. We didn't fill the Urdu one out. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Ishkhan

Jun 24, 2017
I have a question I received an email today saying that my security criminality check are in a que to be reviewed by the immigration officer
My question is this the same as background checks ? Is this the last stage ? And has anyone else had the same email how long does this take if it's in a que?
Thanks

Ahmed786

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
03-05-2017
Guys,

My wife send documents to LVO address through DHL.
The delivery confirmation says that the package has been delivered to LAMBETH, UNITED KINGDOM

Is it the correct destination, she wrote the full address of Canada House,

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I am September applicant. Yes, we had submitted many things to establish our intent to return to Canada with our initial application. It included job offers for sponsor and applicant that we received. In addition we submitted proof of financial stability in the form of active Canadian Bank account and credit cards statements etc. My wife's belongings were sitting in a friend's basement and attached proof of it. However, they didn't buy any of thato_O we were concerned that they might call for interview or additional documents to support intent but we had nothing else to offer. Therefore, by the End of May, my wife and my daughter settled in Toronto to show the intent and we sent in proofs. We really want to ditch the interview and its not bcz our relationship is not genuine but its just that interview delays the case processing for another year:mad: so far didn't get any notice for interview or additional document request and NO visa;)
That's cause for concern for all such cases frm here then. Seems however strong you might think your proof of intent submitted is. They will still see it as a red flag. Thats not the case with other applicants (non pakistani). How many months after applying did you apply for GCMS notes in which you discovered their concern regarding sponsor's intent? We are early march case, when do you recommend us applying for gcms? It sucks having to send wife and young kid to establish residency and irrefutable proof of intent. Giving me the jitters.

Ahmed786

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
03-05-2017
Guys,

My wife send documents to LVO address through DHL.
The delivery confirmation says that the package has been delivered to LAMBETH, UNITED KINGDOM

Is it the correct destination, she wrote the full address of Canada House,
Found the answer to my question from this forum. All deliveries made by DHL says LAMBETH, UK.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Yes attest all photocopies. All documents must have English translations and attestation of both original and English versions. We submitted a notarized copy of the Nikkah Namma. Our Nikkah Nama was in English. We didn't fill the Urdu one out. Hope this helps.
A September 2016 applicant (appcanada on spreadsheet) also used and send English nikkah nama only. and they were requested an Urdu version too. maybe u remember from the fb group. they then sent an explanation and an email from a lawyer in response to lvo request and they got ppt few weeks later. just a heads up.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
A September 2016 applicant (appcanada on spreadsheet) also used and send English nikkah nama only. and they were requested an Urdu version too. maybe u remember from the fb group. they then sent an explanation and an email from a lawyer in response to lvo request and they got ppt few weeks later. just a heads up.
Yes, thank you, I am aware. However, the new guidelines do not specify whether they want an Urdu or English NN. and since both are valid and legal forms I am prepared to fight them over this lol

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
As per Spread Sheet , in June 2017,16 cases got the DM status from 2016 Applicatns and two cases who applied in Year 2017. One DM status was made on July 04 from lot of 2017.
Wow. June sounds fantastic. IA July will be equally lucky for some of them applicants :)

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
I am excatly at the same stage the one you are in .. my wife is going to submit the passport soon INSHALLAH.. and i fill the spouse section also..
If ur wife is PA and u guys have no kids u just need to write her info in appendix A of ppr. No need to add ur info. :)

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
CIC website says marriage certificate to be submitted is the “Nikkah Nama”. Do they need original nikkah nama or photocopy. I dont see mentioned original here, if they need original here then how do I know if they need original for others or photocopy.

Also they have asked for NIC which is right now in urdu, I will get it translated in English and after that do I need to attest it from foreign office before sending it over or the translated copy should be enough.
Where there is written send originals u only send originals there. I too just sent my photocopy of Urdu and English nikkah namas as per CIC checklist. So make sure u read each word and double check whether u need to send originals or photocopies and then follow instructions. :)
I got my NIC translated and notarized from notary public.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
I remember seeing London_caseAnalysts when I ordered my notes last time but I can't seem to find it right now. Where exactly is it in your notes?
Check the first page of ur notes. 'Group name' section if it's there