AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
Alhamdolillah long 16 months waiting time comes to an end finally with PPR
Thanks to almighty Allah
How much time your background checks took?

saadq

Jun 14, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would share my timeline with everyone during this fun wait time. Kindly add me to the spreadsheet as well.

Thanks and good luck to those waiting!

Application received in Mississauga date: September 19, 2016
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Mississauga
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Sponsor Approval Date: October 3, 2016
Application in Process date: September 28, 2016
Upfront medical date: - October 26, 2016
Re-medical request date: -
Re-medical performed date: -
Medical and Police Request Date: -
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (MYCIC): -
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC): -
Review of submitted document Date (MYCIC): -
Background check in progress Date (MYCIC): -
Additional document request date: December 12, 2016
Additional documents that are requested: Requested Passport photos for Applicant - London, UK
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Y
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): N
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): N
Interview Date: -
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:
COPR & Passport stamped date:

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
Hi folks,
I found this helpful for the people traveling to Canada.

Custom Declaration Card
T
he staff at Canada Border Services Agency have come to the conclusion that many travellers still have difficulty in filling out the Customs Declaration Card when returning to or travelling to Canada.
http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/...s/e311-eng.pdf
We have come up with a Declaration Card for Dummies so please take note of the following tips and suggestions ;

Unless you are the Queen, The President of some Country then you need to fill out the form. We accept that the 3 to 5 minutes to fill out the form might interfere with your in flight movie or nap.
The form is split into 4 distinctive parts and has also an instruction panel attached.

Part A is asking for your full name (check your passport bio data page if unsure),
your date of birth (hint the day you celebrate your birthday by getting rat arsed),
your citizenship (the passport you are using will give you a clue),
your home address (the place you live in and that you invite friends over to)
Arriving by; yes we know you were on a plane but check off Air
Airline flight number usually found on the boarding pass you crumpled up and left in the seat pocket
Purpose of ; are you studying, personal visit or working surprisingly enough most people get this one right.
Arriving from ; The place you started your journey from. We accept that you may have changed planes at other airports or other countries but its really not that hard to figure out.
I am/we are bringing into Canada
There are several questions that need to be answered Yes or NO (simples).

Part B Visitors to Canada ; if you live in Canada why are you checking off Yes or No?
You live here so why are you putting things like 7 days in the duration of stay?
The Visitors to Canada only answer this section.
Maybe the Visitors to Canada part is not clear enough or needs rewording.

Part C Residents of Canada ; If you are a visitor do not fill this out. Yes you might be staying with relatives but officially you are not a resident of Canada.
Your personal exemptions are listed on the instruction sheet. Please disregard what the person in the duty free store tells you they are just trying to sell you more booze.
Date left Canada; Emphasis should be on the word left but feel free to substitute it for the day you flew out.
Value of goods; Basically the crap you bought, won or found while out of Canada.

Part D Signature pretty straight forward you know the scrawl you put on documents, cheques etc or just put the usual X.
Date; Todays date, most cell phones, crackberries or other such devices have this feature. The one you are usually yakking on when being interviewed by one of our friendly smiling BSO's

The highlighted red text areas Detatch Instructions Do not fold Declaration Card are not suggestions.

Would you PLEASE not put the card in your gob, mouth or whatever you call it. Our BSO’s don’t appreciate being handed wet, dripping, blood stained cards. We don’t come into your workplace doing the same to you so show some courtesy.

We hope this guide is helpful to you the traveller as we understand its all about YOU.

The water drinkers, cattle herders, monkeys of the CBSA.

arsalan1724

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
I received a letter to pay RPRF fee. I had already paid that portion of fee like at the start of the month should i be concerned something is coming?

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
I received a letter to pay RPRF fee. I had already paid that portion of fee like at the start of the month should i be concerned something is coming?
You should be concerned as you will be meeting your spouse soon! They would have sent the PPR by now if the RPRF fee was paid at the time of submission of the application. Next should be good news of PPR soon.

You should still submit a copy of the fee receipt to their e-mail address. Don't forget to identify yourself by mentioning your file number in the email.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malik1983

shamail_haider

Sep 10, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 2016
AOR Received.
November, 2016
Med's Done....
July, 2016
yeah, might be a slight delay.

my wife's passport was in islamabad when imran khan was threatening to lock the city down back in october 2016. i thought that'd also delay the whole process but thankfully it didn't. the VFS is usually pretty fast.
My wife dropped her Passport yesterday at VFS-Lhr and they said the PP will be returned within a week.

dranzer19

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
09-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
07-09-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Hi guys, Feb 2017 applicant here. In ECAS under PA side, the status is "In Process" but when I click on it, there is no line in there mentioning "We started processing your application on....".

I am just wondering if this is normal or should I contact CIC for an update?

alex.121

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hello, Guys. November 03 Applicant. Yesterday received GCMS notes set-2
Notes are exactly the same as of Feb one's. There is only one tiny change of Assigned to London_CaseAnalysts. Before it was just London_. Either they sent previous notes or in the worst case, they didn't touch my file yet. God knows better.
Have two blank pages for section 16(s).
I sent some documents to LVO through CSE but didn't see them on notes in incoming section.

Good luck to all of us that all we can hope.