+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Pakistan_89

Star Member
May 23, 2017
I'm in the same boat as you and but I sent in my application 2 weeks ago, hopefully they don't return it.

- The family booklet is the "Family Registration Certificate" (FRC) they issue, you can go to NADRA to request it. Make sure her whole immediate family (parents + siblings etc) are registered with NICs.
- My wife's CNIC was in Urdu as well but I got her converted to what is known as "Smart CNIC" it has everything in english and from what I understand it is acceptable as is. (although some people do get everything notarized)
- I believe sponsor's job letter as well as the Police certificate are the only original documents required. However, you may submit other documents as originals if you wish but be sure to let them know that you would like them to send it back etc. They normally check, verify and return them after making copies.
- I kept all the boarding passes and stubs for my entire family as well as our honeymoon trip as it is just added evidence. Surely you must have stamped pages on your passport? You can include copies of those, I did that as well.

In-sha-Allah that helps you and hopefully you can apply soon. :)

Thank you so much , this is really helpful. I will tell her to go for FRC and Smart CNIC . I kept hearing both these terms but wanted someone to say the same. As far I read, if she is sending me a photocopy of anything which is already in English, be it school certificate or passport copy or cnic copy, even those have to be attested OR only the ones which are being converted from Urdu to English ? Would appreciate your response.

I have not seen my police check requirement as an sponsor unless I am missing on to something.

Yes, I do have stamps on my passport so I can send that as a copy.

Good luck to you in your application.

Regards,
Same boat, same story :)

Pakistan_89

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hey, just to help you out this family booklet is the document where all your family details are mentioned about parents, siblings alng with their CNIC no's. It is issued by the Nadra called Family Registration Certificate. It would be better if you also submit your boarding passes, stamped pages or anything related to your travel dates. Any document that's in urdu need to be translated and then notarized, I did mine the same way. Lastly, about submitting the copies, I remember police certificate has to be the original. In our case we got two marriage certificates made and submitted one of the originals as well.

Thank you, I think I missed reading police certificate to submit as an sponsor so thanks for the heads up. Also, if something is already in English , and she is sending me a photocopy, does that need to be attested too or it is only apllicable for something which is not in English ?

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017
Info to be added to the spreadsheet

Application received in Mississauga date: 2017/04/21
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Rawalpindi, Pk
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Applicant
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: PR
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Sponsor Approval Date: 2017/05/24
Upfront medical date:
Re-medical date:
Additional document request date:
Additonal documents that are requested:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): yes
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): No
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): No

Thanks
Thanks Anu!. You have been added to the spreadsheet. Please keep us posted on anything you receive from LVO/CIC so we can track your progress.:)

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
In PPR what do they request to be submitted? and when you go to VFS do they provide you any tracking ID?
It is mentioned on your PPR letter that you received on 18th.

Original passport
copy of PPR letter with appendix A filled
2 photos (PR size)

Yes they will give u tracking number on receipt.

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015
My wife is coming to Canada this week. It's her first time traveling on a plane anywhere. Do you have any advice on how to get through the airport process ASAP? I am assuming she will need to speak to a immigration officer. What type of questions do they tend to ask? Just some general guidelines. What exactly is the FORM BSF186? And what about vaccination record? Does she need all this?

FMALIK

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
01-11-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
pending
sheet link pllllssss.....pls do some changes that show sheet link on every page...

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
sheet link pllllssss.....pls do some changes that show sheet link on every page...
Why is it so hard to "bookmark" the sheet link on your browser?

Everyone, here is the link to the spreadsheet, please bookmark it.
http://tinyurl.com/hklp8t5

Also I have posted this link in my signature and it appears under every post i make (not sure about mobile browser)

Last edited:
Reactions: FMALIK

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
My wife is coming to Canada this week. It's her first time traveling on a plane anywhere. Do you have any advice on how to get through the airport process ASAP? I am assuming she will need to speak to a immigration officer. What type of questions do they tend to ask? Just some general guidelines. What exactly is the FORM BSF186? And what about vaccination record? Does she need all this?
@ra03ra, please assist.

FMALIK

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
01-11-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
pending
Why is it so hard to "bookmark" the sheet link on your browser?

Everyone, here is the link to the spreadsheet, please bookmark it.
http://tinyurl.com/hklp8t5

Also I have posted this link in my signature and it appears under every post i make.
thank you....

Reactions: MM345

FMALIK

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
01-11-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
pending
friends any idea when Lvo will finalise next interview group schedule....specially for April n may 2016 applicant...when we expect confirm email....

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
friends any idea when Lvo will finalise next interview group schedule....specially for April n may 2016 applicant...when we expect confirm email....
I know how hard must be for u and ur spouse while waiting for the interview date,:( but please try to understand that none of us here works with or has worked with LVO in the past thus we DONOT know when the interview date will be announced for u. Meanwhile, please hold on strong and pray to God that everything works out for u and others. Also please keep an eye out on ur MYCIC and emails. LVO will contact u themself. None of us will be able to tell u the date or month for interview. :)

Reactions: FMALIK

Anu_Shahid

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-06-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-06-2017
Thanks Anu!. You have been added to the spreadsheet. Please keep us posted on anything you receive from LVO/CIC so we can track your progress.:)
sure :)

Pakistan_89

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Honestly speaking, it depends. She had all her documents in English and I only have attested the marriage license and nikkah nama. The rest I spoke with a consultant told me is extra but I should be okay, so I am not sure. There are folks here that got everything attested, go with your gut feeling I guess. But anything in a different language will require a certified true copy.

And for the police certificate, I meant it for the applicant. So you are not getting a certificate for yourself, just your wife but the original must be submitted. It will have her picture and an original seal/stamp from the local office etc.

I hope this helps. :)

Thanks so much, so I get it. It is more about comfort level when it comes to something already in English . I am glad to get the answer for CNIC and FRC which was bothering me. Also, should I ask her to do police check and medical or wait until they tell us ?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Thanks so much, so I get it. It is more about comfort level when it comes to something already in English . I am glad to get the answer for CNIC and FRC which was bothering me. Also, should I ask her to do police check and medical or wait until they tell us ?
Police certificate & medical are now requested by CIC after submission of application so no need to get them done now, wait for their request. This way they will be "valid" longer.

Pakistan_89

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Police certificate & medical are now requested by CIC after submission of application so no need to get them done now, wait for their request. This way they will be "valid" longer.
Thanks sir/madam. Appreciated. I will be here to update , bother people with questions ( pardon me for that )and if can be a point of help for others :) .

Reactions: MM345