FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

AbdullahM said:
Assalamu Alaikum everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while, but this is my first post. First I wanted to post all of my info.

Application received in Mississauga date: March 21st, 2016
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Quetta, Pakistan
Sponsor approval date: April 26th, 2016
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Canadian Citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Upfront medical date: Feb 4th, 2016
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Y
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): N
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): N
Show "In Process" on ECAS date: May 6th, 2016
Re-Med request date: Oct 7th, 2016
Re-med done date: Pending
Interview date: N/A
Decision Made date: Pending
PPR: Pending
COPR received in post: Pending
Additional docs requested date: N/A
Additional docs requested: N/A

I just wanted to mention some interesting points on my case. We did the medical on Feb 4th, but unfortunately we lost the receipt and without it we were not able to send the actual Proof of Upfront Medical Exam with the application package. What we did do though was send the E-medical sheet for my wife via the Web Form during June 2016, right after she got her sponsorship approved and the email even mentioned that an E-medical sheet is sufficient. For some reason we still ended up getting a medical request in Oct 2016, but the Migration Health Unit were not allowed to book any medical exam until her expired after Feb 4th, 2017.

We were hoping the DM would come, before the medical, but we got nothing since October. Just a week ago I requested the GCMS notes and a few hours prior I visited my local MP office in Windsor, ON due to advice from a good friend (normally I was going to wait for the GCMS notes to come back before going) who went through this process a few years back. Honestly, I had no idea how easy it is for the MP office to call directly to London. He called right in front of me and inquired about my wife's case using the UCI of her PR Application. It turned out that her application is basically all cleared except for the medical and they wanted me to use the Medical request form they sent back in October to do her medical exam again now that it expired.

Obviously it really didn't make sense to request the medical again anyways and I couldn't even book it until this Feb 4th, but AlhumduLillah it was still very good news. I considered using the Medical request form from Oct, but I was a little worried since technically that form is dated and the email emphasized to get it done with in 30 days. So I was actually waiting for another medical request form.

In conclusion, I emailed CanmedPK just now to book the fastest medical appointment in Karachi inshaAllah. And after I finally made an account on this forum to post my scenario. I think the biggest lesson for me was I would greatly advise any one to go to their MP office to get them to call for a very easy and quick update.

Best of luck to everyone inshaAllah!
Thanks for sharing your experience! Visiting an MP is a good idea if you need clarification--that's what they're there for! And wow I miss Windsor. Originally from there but haven't been back in years ::).

AbdullahM

Feb 13, 2017

ra03ra said:
Congratulations :) :)
Of course inshaAllah I will keep everyone updated. I was basically a lurker on this forum until I finally felt I got an update that holds some meaning.

Honestly, I'm not sure how anyone else's experience was, but I tried really hard in October to book another medical exam, but the MHD just refused to book it while her previous one was still valid.

I used the web form to send my wife's e-medical sheet and copies of the emails from MHD where they stated that they are not allowed to do her Med again until Feb. Was just stuck really confused about the medical. If they let me do it in October I would have set it up in a heart beat. Maybe they were just really confused Allahu A'lam. Anyways can't change the past and everything happens for a reason. inshaAllah we can get a medical booked soon!

AbdullahM

Feb 13, 2017

MM345 said:
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your case and timeline/info in detail, it will help a lot of fellow members. I have added you to the spreadsheet, and would request you to update us when you perform re-med or receive any update from LVO.

I have heard that the immigration office has changed its policies and now MPs will only help if 12 months have passed (in your case 329 days have been passed) which is why the MP helped you, i am really glad.

Another thing to note is to not ignore any re-med request. Even if your medical is valid, and you receive a re-med request, go ahead with it. We have seen multiple cases like this, and within 15 days of re-med performed, passport requests are sent.
Oops I quoted the wrong post before... Sorry, this is the one I meant to quote. Haven't used a forum in a while lol

arsalan1724

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016

Hey there all,

I am also a regular visitor to this forum. I would like to add my spousal sponsorship timeline for tracking purposes.
I have recently order GCMS notes. I am just wondering, how long does it take for LVO to get back to you with GCMS notes?

Secondly, I've visited my wife over Christmas holiday's. I have also provided LVO with proof of my hotel stay as well as pictures, along with my entry and exit stamps, tickets, and boarding passes, along with a cover letter asking them to provide me with an acknowledgement over the receipt of these documentation with my application number and UCI number in the covering letter through IRCC Web form and also mailed them photo copies. Does LVO provide an acknowledgement letter or an email, either any confirmation regarding receipt of these documentation?

I'd appreciate if anyone could share their experience relating to my case specific issue.

Below is the timeline to my spousal case.

Application received in Mississauga date: Sep 2 2016
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Karachi
Sponsor approval date: Sep 29 2016
Upfront medical date: Aug 31 2016
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): No
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): Yes
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): No
Show "In Process" on ECAS date: Oct 19 2016
Re-Med request date: N/A
Re-med done date: N/A
COPR received in post: N/A

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

AbdullahM said:
Of course inshaAllah I will keep everyone updated. I was basically a lurker on this forum until I finally felt I got an update that holds some meaning.

Honestly, I'm not sure how anyone else's experience was, but I tried really hard in October to book another medical exam, but the MHD just refused to book it while her previous one was still valid.

I used the web form to send my wife's e-medical sheet and copies of the emails from MHD where they stated that they are not allowed to do her Med again until Feb. Was just stuck really confused about the medical. If they let me do it in October I would have set it up in a heart beat. Maybe they were just really confused Allahu A'lam. Anyways can't change the past and everything happens for a reason. inshaAllah we can get a medical booked soon!
Hi, We have seen similar cases where people have been rejected by IOM for a re-medical while their previous medical was still valid. Those applicants have showed the letter sent from CIC and insisted for a re-medical until they agree. That is the only solution for this case.

Good luck to you!!

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

arsalan1724 said:
Hey there all,

I am also a regular visitor to this forum. I would like to add my spousal sponsorship timeline for tracking purposes. Added, do let us kno when you hear from LVO next.
I have recently order GCMS notes. I am just wondering, how long does it take for LVO to get back to you with GCMS notes? Standard time is 30 days. Notes will be sent by an ATIP officer of IRCC. When you receive your notes, do let us know if your file is held for London/Back Office Pilot Project. Sep onwards applicants' files have been.

Secondly, I've visited my wife over Christmas holiday's. I have also provided LVO with proof of my hotel stay as well as pictures, along with my entry and exit stamps, tickets, and boarding passes, along with a cover letter asking them to provide me with an acknowledgement over the receipt of these documentation with my application number and UCI number in the covering letter through IRCC Web form and also mailed them photo copies. Does LVO provide an acknowledgement letter or an email, either any confirmation regarding receipt of these documentation? No, LVO doesnt provide acknowledgement of voluntary proof sent.

I'd appreciate if anyone could share their experience relating to my case specific issue.

Below is the timeline to my spousal case.

Application received in Mississauga date: Sep 2 2016
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Karachi
Sponsor approval date: Sep 29 2016
Upfront medical date: Aug 31 2016
Show "In Process" on ECAS date: Oct 19 2016

luqman321

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-7-2016
File Transfer...
15-8-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016
Passport Req..
Inshallah
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah

Any Good news for today.................

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

luqman321 said:
Any Good news for today.................
Fingers crossed!

Mahamn

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2016
Doc's Request.
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
29-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16 May 2016
Med's Request
14-10-2016
Med's Done....
Re-med Done on 1 Nov 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2017

Got DM today!!!
:D

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

Mahamn said:
Got DM today!!!
:D
Many congrats!!!
Spreadsheet updated, please let us know when you receive PPR. :)

MKMK6969

Nov 28, 2016

anyone can knows how long till you can travel after receiving Visa or COPR in spouse case???

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

MKMK6969 said:
anyone can knows how long till you can travel after receiving Visa or COPR in spouse case???
You have to land till the date mentioned on your visa/copr which is 12 month after your medical was performed.

Have you received DM/PPR?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

MKMK6969 said:
The holder must travel/arrive in Canada before the expiry date on the Visa/COPR.
(Most people travel right away when they receive the visa.)
It's never a good idea to leave at last moment

umeusm

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
NOT YET
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
NOT YET
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
File Transfer...
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
Interview........
NOT YET
Passport Req..
19-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
When God wills it

Application received in Mississauga date: 16 February 2017
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Montreal
Sponsor approval date:
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Canadian
Upfront medical date: Done
Show "In Process" on ECAS date:

MKMK6969

Nov 28, 2016

MM345 said:
You have to land till the date mentioned on your visa/copr which is 12 month after your medical was performed.

Have you received DM/PPR?
no i haven't ordered notes waiting for them- so applied june 23-2016 upfront medical may 2016- this means if i receive it this month so i have till may to travel??