Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Imran B said:
I would rather be in an interview queue then getting refused.. Wait is indeed a pain but after all saber ka phal metha hora hai :)
that's true, but just keep in mind that LVO conducts their interview in batches only once every quarter, so on average it takes them around 12 months just to give the applicant an interview date

with that said, i hope you don't have to go through that and that the visa officer is considerate. allah behtar karay ga.

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013

Do they provide with an interview date right away or its only when its come to me?

flx2015 said:
that's true, but just keep in mind that LVO conducts their interview in batches only once every quarter, so on average it takes them around 12 months just to give the applicant an interview date

with that said, i hope you don't have to go through that and that the visa officer is considerate. allah behtar karay ga.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Imran B said:
Do they provide with an interview date right away or its only when its come to me?
they'll give the applicant an interview date when they've scheduled an interview, and that can take them up to 12 months.

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013

hoping things are different next year.. This is kinda discouraging.. :(

flx2015 said:
they'll give the applicant an interview date when they've scheduled an interview, and that can take them up to 12 months.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Imran B said:
hoping things are different next year.. This is kinda discouraging.. :(
i'm not trying to discourage you. the only reason i'm telling you this now is so that you try your very best to avoid being placed in the interview queue.

sometimes they place applicants in the interview queue without even sending them any communication. in your case, they at least sent you an email, so you've still got a chance to convince them.

lastly, appeals can take 1-2 years, so do not appeal if god forbid they reject you. it'll actually be faster for you to simply do the rukhsati and apply again.

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013

I didn't meant to point my fingers on you for the discouragement.. its the process that really puts people down.. There are people in Pakistan who does not really do more then a Nikkah as a marriage.. There should be a process for such people as well rather then counting on modern culture weddings.. Allah Sab Khair se karega Insh'Allah - All we can do is try our best to convince them.

flx2015 said:
i'm not trying to discourage you. the only reason i'm telling you this now is so that you try your very best to avoid being placed in the interview queue.

sometimes they place applicants in the interview queue without even sending them any communication. in your case, they at least sent you an email, so you've still got a chance to convince them.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Imran B said:
I didn't meant to point my fingers on you for the discouragement.. its the process that really puts people down.. There are people in Pakistan who does not really do more then a Nikkah as a marriage.. There should be a process for such people as well rather then counting on modern culture weddings.. Allah Sab Khair se karega Insh'Allah - All we can do is try our best to convince them.
i know you're not pointing fingers, it's cool :). just trying to point out that you've still got a chance here, so do your very best and leave the rest to allah. we are here to help.

and yes, this process can get really stressful at times. my wife's PR took 10.5 months to process, and during that time i remember driving myself insane by overthinking every little detail and spending every free minute researching trying to figure out how CIC works... somehow hoping to figure out when my wife and i will get to be together again. it's a long road but you'll get there in the end so long as your marriage is genuine.

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013

The initials of my VO "CES (BS)" kinda stands out of all and look kinda hard to convince this person haha - But indeed to be very honest I would have not gone anywhere without this forum.. truly supporting folks here with positive feed backs..

Any suggestion if I should get the explanation letter done from an experienced consultant or do it myself? If so any recommendations?

flx2015 said:
i know you're not pointing fingers, it's cool :). just trying to point out that you've still got a chance here, so do your very best and leave the rest to allah. we are here to help.

and yes, this process can get really stressful at times. my wife's PR took 10.5 months to process, and during that time i remember driving myself insane by overthinking every little detail and spending every free minute researching trying to figure out how CIC works... somehow hoping to figure out when my wife and i will get to be together again. it's a long road but you'll get there in the end so long as your marriage is genuine.

Amna Hayat

Star Member
Jun 4, 2016

flx2015 said:
HRK, check your PMs. i had some questions about passport submission to vfs.

Hey flx2015 my officer asked me proof of residency and gave me a time frame of within 30 days but has not responded yet, so is there something I need to worry about because I did sent the very next day which was 13 sept but still no final call... Getting a bit worried if you could advise at this point please...

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Amna Hayat said:
Hey flx2015 my officer asked me proof of residency and gave me a time frame of within 30 days but has not responded yet, so is there something I need to worry about because I did sent the very next day which was 13 sept but still no final call... Getting a bit worried if you could advise at this point please...
i don't know whether the VO is on leave or whether they were unsatisfied with your response. have you ordered GCMS notes yet? if not, order them right away.

Imran B said:
The initials of my VO "CES (BS)" kinda stands out of all and look kinda hard to convince this person haha - But indeed to be very honest I would have not gone anywhere without this forum.. truly supporting folks here with positive feed backs..

Any suggestion if I should get the explanation letter done from an experienced consultant or do it myself? If so any recommendations?
whichever approach you're more comfortable with, though i would advise sending in more than just an explanation letter. see my previous posts for examples on what else you can send to support your claims.

i don't have any recommendations for consultants as my wife and i prepared our application ourselves, but just be careful and ensure that whoever you're going to has recent experience with immigration. if they start spouting outdated information or try to persuade you to misrepresent, walk away.

a few months ago i was signing mortgage papers with a lawyer who was also an immigration consultant on the side. i told him that i'm sponsoring my wife from pakistan, and he then started to talk about how islamabad VO takes 2-3 years to process family class applications. i didn't bother telling him that london VO has been processing all pakistani applicants since august 2013. that's the kind of "consultant" you want to avoid.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014

Members,

I just read some where few days back that you should select your visa office for filing of application. But I didn't see any place in any form to put LVO. Am I missing something :( ?

Thanks..

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013

Off course.. Plan is to submit additional supporting documents to the max along with the explanation letter.. Appreciate the advice regarding pushy and over confident consultants.. I would rather do it myself than wasting time and money on stress!

flx2015 said:
i don't know whether the VO is on leave or whether they were unsatisfied with your response. have you ordered GCMS notes yet? if not, order them right away.

whichever approach you're more comfortable with, though i would advise sending in more than just an explanation letter. see my previous posts for examples on what else you can send to support your claims.

i don't have any recommendations for consultants as my wife and i prepared our application ourselves, but just be careful and ensure that whoever you're going to has recent experience with immigration. if they start spouting outdated information or try to persuade you to misrepresent, walk away.

a few months ago i was signing mortgage papers with a lawyer who was also an immigration consultant on the side. i told him that i'm sponsoring my wife from pakistan, and he then started to talk about how islamabad VO takes 2-3 years to process family class applications. i didn't bother telling him that london VO has been processing all pakistani applicants since august 2013. that's the kind of "consultant" you want to avoid.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Vigilant said:
Members,

I just read some where few days back that you should select your visa office for filing of application. But I didn't see any place in any form to put LVO. Am I missing something :( ?

Thanks..
you can't select your visa office. send your application to mississauga, and they'll decide which visa office it should go to (which in your case will be london).

Shazzz

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ENGLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
AOR Received.
23-Jul-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 23-Aug-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-Jun-2016

AmyR said:
Mine was filed after 5 months... chalo bhai chalo aik aur tension tayyar.. :(
my husband lived with me for 3 weeks
I guess it's normal if it takes 3-6 months or so to gather all documents and organize the case after marriage. Better to take more time and not miss anything. And everyone has a life too ;D . It's not an issue in my opinion.

I filed mine approx 4 months (just under) after marriage and lived just less than 2 weeks with my wife.

Amna Hayat

Star Member
Jun 4, 2016

flx2015 said:

I spoke to my MP, She said everything on the case is really within routine and there is no concern of worry but its just the time the VO will take to response his final decision and she also said that the case is proceeding faster than usual time but there is nothing to worry about-- So I don't know what to do...