Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

flx2015 said:
is that speculation based on what we've seen in the news? or do you have insider info?

the changes are happening across all visa offices, not just LVO, yet other visa offices seem to be keeping up the pace. even NDVO which has a backlog twice as big as LVO's has starting processing apps from early 2016. lastly, people that applied in fall 2015 are the backlog.

According to this report Pakistan timing is 28 months.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/05/ircc-update-spousalcommonlaw-sponsorship-processing-times-12-months-applicants-057930.html

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

rightback said:
According to this report Pakistan timing is 28 months.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/05/ircc-update-spousalcommonlaw-sponsorship-processing-times-12-months-applicants-057930.html
Those timelines are pulled off the CIC site.

The pakistani processing times on the CIC site are not accurate as there is an aged caseload of files transferred from Islamabad Visa Office to the London Visa Office. Closing these old case files have distorted the average and so the posted time frame is not an accurate reflection of case files that were directly transferred to LVO. Most case files are completed within one year at LVO.

fniazi4u

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016

flx2015 said:
is that speculation based on what we've seen in the news? or do you have insider info?

the changes are happening across all visa offices, not just LVO, yet other visa offices seem to be keeping up the pace. even NDVO which has a backlog twice as big as LVO's has starting processing apps from early 2016. lastly, people that applied in fall 2015 are the backlog.
Thats what Immigration Minister said in his interview. For LVO and other visa offices, for London to process cases from Pakistan may take more time as comoared to NDVO processing Indian cases only.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

fniazi4u said:
Thats what Immigration Minister said in his interview. For LVO and other visa offices, for London to process cases from Pakistan may take more time as comoared to NDVO processing Indian cases only.
he said in his interview specifically that LVO slowed down because they're making changes? can you give me a source? i'm looking at his speaking notes for the past few months and i don't see him saying that anywhere.

and NDVO processes afghani cases as well, not just indian. regardless, the point remains that NDVO's backlog is twice the size as LVO's.

fniazi4u

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016

flx2015 said:
he said in his interview specifically that LVO slowed down because they're making changes? can you give me a source? i'm looking at his speaking notes for the past few months and i don't see him saying that anywhere.

and NDVO processes afghani cases as well, not just indian. regardless, the point remains that NDVO's backlog is twice the size as LVO's.
I posted a link of youtube video of his interview. He did not say anything specifically about LVO but he did say that they are making changes to spousal program this fall which will. Reduce the process time till then they are working on backlog.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

fniazi4u said:
I posted a link of youtube video of his interview. He did not say anything specifically about LVO but he did say that they are making changes to spousal program this fall which will. Reduce the process time till then they are working on backlog.
i watched the video. mccallum never said that the changes they're making will result in delays during fall. he also never said that they will only process older files during the fall. what he did say was that this is going to be a two step process: 1) they will first work hard to "substantially reduce the backlog" and then 2) only after the backlog is reduced will they introduce the new system.

applications from 2015, like mine, are part of the backlog.

i should also mention that the delay is affecting everyone being processed at LVO, not just pakistani applicants. december 2015 applicants from the Channel Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, and United Kingdom are all waiting, just like us.

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014

AR-07/15 said:
Alhumdulillah! We received PPR this morning!!!! :D

I am a July 2015 applicant and was originally supposed to be having an interview but we were successfully able to waive the interview requirement by voluntarily sending additional proofs back in May. In July, we received additional document request for updated forms and police certificate. After the submission, in August they sent us a remedial request which was completed last Monday. The status changed to medical passed on the online CIC portal yesterday and this morning there was the passport request!

Hang in tight everyone! they are for sure doing their jobs! :)
Happy Time,,,,,Celebrations

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

mish said:
Happy Time,,,,,Celebrations
Umm that is from almost 2 weeks ago ::)

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017

Seriously, guys I am thinking of writing an official letter to McCallum specific highlighting Pakistan wait times. Have anyone of you wrote him letters in the past. What do you guys think?. I know it wont make a lot of difference but there is no harm in writing a few paragraphs about the problem and about expectations. :)

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017

My husband (Canadian citizen living in Canada/sponsor) just submitted our file last week and it was received at the Mississauga office on 6 Sept 2016. When should i be expecting the AOR1 or ANY email from the CIC?

I was going through various posts in Sept 2016 Outland applicants and this one as well.. Everything looks soo bleak and depressing.. the timelines seem pretty long.. i heard from many people that they got their processes completed in 7-9 months in 2015.. but now that i look at it on the spreadsheet things look so dead slow... also this back log application thing which everyone is talking about on this group is making me feel super worried. Needless to say Eid was so depressing. :(

Im in need of hearing good success stories of Pakistanis who applied and got their visas in 7-9 months recently?Anyone?? :( :(

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016

AmyR said:
My husband (Canadian citizen living in Canada/sponsor) just submitted our file last week and it was received at the Mississauga office on 6 Sept 2016. When should i be expecting the AOR1 or ANY email from the CIC?

I was going through various posts in Sept 2016 Outland applicants and this one as well.. Everything looks soo bleak and depressing.. the timelines seem pretty long.. i heard from many people that they got their processes completed in 7-9 months in 2015.. but now that i look at it on the spreadsheet things look so dead slow... also this back log application thing which everyone is talking about on this group is making me feel super worried. Needless to say Eid was so depressing. :(

Im in need of hearing good success stories of Pakistanis who applied and got their visas in 7-9 months recently?Anyone?? :( :(
AOR in 30-35 days, SA 6-10 days following AOR.

Honestly many cases zipped through CIC in 6-8 months and there are tons of success stories. But the current state of CIC does not look too promising. On one hand rest assured that you won't experience the long wait those poor souls from 2012-2013 experienced. On the other hand, yes we are experiencing a delay from 7-8 months processing time.

Don't feel down, as you can see we are all travelling the same journey, in the same boat lol. Who knows when the time comes to process your file, CIC might actually be faster. First things first, don't worry about the processing. Look forward to your first step of success which will be AOR and then SA.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017

Thanks CofRed for the reassuring reply. :)
May God help all of us with this...

CofRed said:
AOR in 30-35 days, SA 6-10 days following AOR.

Honestly many cases zipped through CIC in 6-8 months and there are tons of success stories. But the current state of CIC does not look too promising. On one hand rest assured that you won't experience the long wait those poor souls from 2012-2013 experienced. On the other hand, yes we are experiencing a delay from 7-8 months processing time.

Don't feel down, as you can see we are all travelling the same journey, in the same boat lol. Who knows when the time comes to process your file, CIC might actually be faster. First things first, don't worry about the processing. Look forward to your first step of success which will be AOR and then SA.

Matheeno

Aug 25, 2016

snowy2015 said:
Kind of losing patience now. Tired of waiting in the oblivion. :'( hoping for something to come through for everyone before another week ends... :-X
Hey Snowy, didnt they correspond with you for more documentation? Im just looking at thier timeline thinking whyyy is november so sloow.

Did you request gcms notes?

Mine will be coming in on the 16th; i'd like to see what or if they've started anything!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

manila, which receives twice as many PR applications per year as london, began sending out PPRs to some of its december applicants a few days ago.

good job london.

Matheeno

Aug 25, 2016

flx2015 said:
manila, which receives twice as many PR applications per year as london, began sending out PPRs to some of its december applicants a few days ago.

good job london.
Have you seen the NDVO link...someone was complaining tht it wasnt a quick enough process!? A total of 5-7months. :/

Btw when does your medical expire...im curious to see whether they will send med requests and then give us a response. Hubby's expires oct 5th..

It was my bday yesterday..all i got was a virtual cake. Loool.