Interview........
09 March 2016 Decsion made: 26 March 2016
Passport Req..
31 March 2016 passport submitt: 1 April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon In sha Allah
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

tony000 said:
Dear Were not you asked to pay landing fees and re-medicals before interview ? Did she take your Passport after interview ?
Before interview they asked for remedical and after interview they asked to pay lending fees?
U had paid lending fees?

Shah006

Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-15
Doc's Request.
11-11-15
AOR Received.
08-06-15
File Transfer...
08-06-15
Med's Request
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting

k-sa said:
Dear Friends ASA,
Thanks for all members here who supports each other, I always used to see posts and helped me too.
Now i need help pls comment your experince.
I had Intw on 8th march 2016 in Islamabad, in the interview day my police certificate was not ready and officer told me to send the scan copy via email to london visa office as soon as its ready, on 9th i got and send via email the scan copy, but its 20th days waiting no response from them, can anyone help me and tell if they need the orignal as well? as the officer told me hard copy/orignal she dont required only scan copy is OK, but i heard without orignal they wont release visa. but im confuse why office said no need? pls help me.

Thanks in advance.

Dont worry!

Scanned copy serves the purpose I sent few documents by email and they accepted n didn't ask for originals so that's fine!
I took my remedical on 7th n it's forwarded to cic on other so they r again working with a very slow pace...
Let's hope for the best! I am also in the waiting queue

.did u had remedical?

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016

rsk8 said:
ECAS is not very reliable in updating - they might already have ur meds, just not updated it on there yet.
when i filed my app, i didnt know about this forum so thankfully i guess sometimes i think ignorance is bliss, lol :D i had no idea i even had to look out for that or how many days it took for it to appear (i really dont rmber even tbh i just saw & was happy that ok they got the meds etc)
i just got one email for SA/AOR. some people dont even get a seperate SA email, like me.
just wait yo. ECAS is kinda slow in updating stuff. they defo have ur meds if u did em upfront. dw too much!! :) when did u do them tho?
My wife did her medical on Nov 5, 2015. Sometimes they miss it while going through the application , and last thing I want is unnecessary delay due to medical exam, which has already been completed.

I will wait for another couple of weeks. :D :D

rsk8

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
09-12-2015
File Transfer...
29-12-2015 (in process)
Med's Request
gawd, thx none!
Med's Done....
31-08-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
none!
Passport Req..
30-06-2016 & submitted 01-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016

CofRed said:
My wife did her medical on Nov 5, 2015. Sometimes they miss it while going through the application , and last thing I want is unnecessary delay due to medical exam, which has already been completed.

dude, keep in mind, the meds are usually the last things they review, ul defo get the "meds received" very soon, meri dua! ;)
do u know if they always ask for remeds b4 or cud it also be after DM?
i mean wud they delay DM just cause they wud wanna send remeds request? QK my meds expire in aug...jw. i wanna have my app winded up before then. i heard they sometimes extend medicals too? :-\ :-\ :-\

tony000

Jul 29, 2015

Sana Noman said:
Before interview they asked for remedical and after interview they asked to pay lending fees?
U had paid lending fees?
they asked me to pay my fees and also to re-submit new forms etc ..

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016

rsk8 said:
dude, keep in mind, the meds are usually the last things they review, ul defo get the "meds received" very soon, meri dua! ;)
do u know if they always ask for remeds b4 or cud it also be after DM?
i mean wud they delay DM just cause the remeds request? QK my meds expire in aug...jw.
No, remeds will be before DM. DM is the very last thing before passport request. Sometimes after interview, they ask for police certificate and remeds.

August is still quite some time away and even if you get decision made by end of april or beginning may, which I really hope you get your DM soon, then you still have couple of months to wrap things up :D :D.

CIC can be, uhh I don't want to use cus word, inconsiderate sometimes. In my case, I remember they only gave us 2 weeks to pack things and land in Canada, because our meds were going to expire in 2 weeks. They didn't extend it. This was back in 2000.

rsk8

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
09-12-2015
File Transfer...
29-12-2015 (in process)
Med's Request
gawd, thx none!
Med's Done....
31-08-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
none!
Passport Req..
30-06-2016 & submitted 01-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016

CofRed said:
No, remeds will be before DM. DM is the very last thing before passport request. Sometimes after interview, they ask for police certificate and remeds.
August is still quite some time away and even if you get decision made by end of april or beginning may, which I really hope you get your DM soon, then you still have couple of months to wrap things up :D :D.
CIC can be, uhh I don't want to use cus word, inconsiderate sometimes. In my case, I remember they only gave us 2 weeks to pack things and land in Canada, because our meds were going to expire in 2 weeks. They didn't extend it. This was back in 2000.
W O W :eek: :eek: :eek:
so wait, u came to canada back in 2K? now sponsoring wife right? didnt u have to add er as a dependant in ur app back then in order to sponsor er in the future? jw cause that's what i know :-\
chulow comparatively a bit better that they dint ask for remeds adding on to the waits & let u land. but yo i know how hard it can be doin things short notice!
tbh, id rather have them do that THAN requesting me a remedical. :)
again, depends how soon or later i get the DM. ??? i already sent in all the required police checks tho.
but as u say if i get it late april or may (im thinking more may cause it'l be 5 mo since "in process") idk if imma be one of those lucky one with DM after just 3-4 months of processing, so even may leaves me with 3 months :-X let's see...

Hashipk

Jun 29, 2015
Faisalabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Soon
Med's Request
Upfront: 21-10-2015

Can someone let me know where should i can translate my Nikkah nama into English in Pakistan ?
Please seniors advice.
Like I have Urdu and Union coucil nikkah nama but need English translated copy.

TahirS

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016

Hashipk said:
Can someone let me know where should i can translate my Nikkah nama into English in Pakistan ?
Please seniors advice.
Like I have Urdu and Union coucil nikkah nama but need English translated copy.
In Kachehri. Go to any Notary public they should be able to provide you a certified English translation of your Union Council Urdu Nikah Nama.
Send Canadian High commission the original Urdu as well as the certified English copy.

Hashipk

Jun 29, 2015
Faisalabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Soon
Med's Request
Upfront: 21-10-2015

TahirS said:
In Kachehri. Go to any Notary public they should be able to provide you a certified English translation of your Union Council Urdu Nikah Nama.
Send Canadian High commission the original Urdu as well as the certified English copy.
One from Union council I already have with one side English and one side urdu.
But my wife saying one English translation also required that's why asking because senior already done this.

tkhan092

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2015
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
29-12-2015 (In Process)
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28-09-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June30,2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 18,2016
LANDED..........
Aug 14, 2016

CofRed said:

Scanned your medical copy and sent to them via email, I did the same and got the reply from them, and then its updated on ECAS

Shah006

Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-15
Doc's Request.
11-11-15
AOR Received.
08-06-15
File Transfer...
08-06-15
Med's Request
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting

Hashipk said:
One from Union council I already have with one side English and one side urdu.
But my wife saying one English translation also required that's why asking because senior already done this.

U have marriage registration certificate!

The one u will get after translation will be labeled as "marriage certificate " it's the most important document... it has all the name of witnesses of nikkah... that's the main difference between MRC and MC!!!

Do it n email them if u haven't already sent them with ur application package to avoid delay!

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016

rsk8 said:
W O W :eek: :eek: :eek:
so wait, u came to canada back in 2K? now sponsoring wife right? didnt u have to add er as a dependant in ur app back then in order to sponsor er in the future? jw cause that's what i know :-\
chulow comparatively a bit better that they dint ask for remeds adding on to the waits & let u land. but yo i know how hard it can be doin things short notice!
tbh, id rather have them do that THAN requesting me a remedical. :)
again, depends how soon or later i get the DM. ??? i already sent in all the required police checks tho.
but as u say if i get it late april or may (im thinking more may cause it'l be 5 mo since "in process") idk if imma be one of those lucky one with DM after just 3-4 months of processing, so even may leaves me with 3 months :-X let's see...
Sorry for the confusion haha back in 2k, I was only 13 yrs old and was being sponsored as a dependent child. :p :p. That's when my whole family moved to Canada.

And yes, don't worry about remedical for now, you have ample time.

noumannomi

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Re-medical Request: 22-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront; Re-Medical Done: 28-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2016

Hello All,

Since we are in the tax season right now, I had a question in regards to spousal support payments. I have been told from different sources that a Canadian Resident can claim spousal support payment on the tax return. Is this true? If yes, can anyone help guide me as to where to include the amount for the year? All I can see is T1 Schedule 5, but it doesn't specifically ask for the yearly support payments made to wife.

Thanks and much appreciated!

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016

noumannomi said:
Hello All,

Since we are in the tax season right now, I had a question in regards to spousal support payments. I have been told from different sources that a Canadian Resident can claim spousal support payment on the tax return. Is this true? If yes, can anyone help guide me as to where to include the amount for the year? All I can see is T1 Schedule 5, but it doesn't specifically ask for the yearly support payments made to wife.

Thanks and much appreciated!

First of all, visit this CRA website and confirm that you meet all the 5 conditions to be able to claim support payment. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/spprtpymnts/wht-eng.html

Then, enter the deductible amount of spousal support on line 220 of your tax return. From what I read on CRA, spousal support amount is 100% deductible.

Also, the seperation between payer and recipient must be due to breaking down of the relationship. Hope this helps.