June 11,2015
Passport Req..
October 15,2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 28th, 2015
LANDED..........
Insha Allah soon
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Alhumdulillah,Alhumdulillah,Alhumdulillah finally got our visa stamped today.

Girl89

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2015

Asalamualikum everyone. I am april 2014 applicant and still waiting for DM. My lawyer send CSE 2weeks ago and they replied that my husband's background check is being done. Can anyone tell how lng does it take for background checks?? Thank you

fhyder

Mar 10, 2015

Bubbles87 said:
So get your Bro-in-law to send the documents directly to Manilla. It may reach them faster... Sorry I snooped around your posts and figured out that they were concerned about the marriage being genuine, yes? You really need to be careful about this now. Make sure you send them ample proof that the marriage is in fact genuine according to Pakistani Culture. Manilla office may not be familiar with the Pakistani Culture as the London Visa Office is so you have to eplain to them what everything means. Also, send the proof of her visiting her husband (the lawyer told her not to tell CIC that?? Why would he do that? That doesn't even make sense). Also send proof of her pregnancy. Send what EVER you have! Reciepts, flight tickets, boarding passes, the pages on her passports where there are stamps by the Korean Airport etc...
Yeah, thats what it was, they though the marriage isnt genuine but i helped my sister gather all the documents and her representative actually just sent her the tracking number of the package. Alhamdulillah. and yes we gathered all the proofs possible, any pictures, pregnancy report, passport stamps etc. whatever i could think of, i asked her to gather.
I just pray her family reunites asap! and so does everyone elses including mine Ameen

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
DM: Dec 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016

fhyder said:
Yeah, thats what it was, they though the marriage isnt genuine but i helped my sister gather all the documents and her representative actually just sent her the tracking number of the package. Alhamdulillah. and yes we gathered all the proofs possible, any pictures, pregnancy report, passport stamps etc. whatever i could think of, i asked her to gather.
I just pray her family reunites asap! and so does everyone elses including mine Ameen
oh that's good to hear, Alhumdulillah!

Tramper

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014

fhyder said:
Hey everyone,
I hope everyone is doing great. I had posted here a couple of weeks ago regarding my sister sponsoring her husband. Anyway, she received a letter from CIC on Oct 07, 2015 regarding additional document request and gave her a month to gather the documents and send to CIC. She gathered everything required and sent to her "Representative" on tuesday and was sitting in his mailbox since yesterday. After reviewing the documents, the representative said there was a couple of pages of whatsapp chat that were written in urdu and said he needs to translate them into english and then get them certified but it wont happen until monday and thats when he will send the documents. Monday is going to be Nov 2nd and it is very very close to the deadline (Nov 7) and we are all very worried that what if (God forbid) the documents dont arrive to VO on time. We, over and over again, requested him to leave those pages of chat and send the rest which includes their photos together, my sisters pregnancy report, skype log, viber log etc. At first he said dont worry the documents will arrive there on time and i will get it translated but we are just really worried. anyway after a lot of (literally) begging he agreed upon sending the documents today. and just this evening we contacted him and he said the documents are sent and we asked for tracking number and he said he is out of the office and right after that he is leaving for USA. But we kept requesting that please for our peace of mind can you please send us the tracking number and he said okay I will send it before I leave. and surprise surprise, he is not even picking up the calls. To be honest we are just completely out of options and have no idea what to do. I was thinking what if my sister complains about him to CIC and try to get an extension from them and cancel this representative so she can re submit the requested documents.

All the suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
I think you should
1. Inform LVO about the situation
2. Send scanned copy through Case Specific Enquiry (mentioning them you are also sending through post)
3. Send by DHL/FedEx hard copies

Osama_sidd

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
09/01/2017
AOR Received.
26/01/2017
Med's Request
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-03-2017
Passport Req..
12-06-2017

Hi all,
I came to canada on study visa and after my masters I have been working here on a graduate work permit. I recently got my PR as well. Earlier this year I went to Pakistan and got engaged and I am planning on going next year for Nikkah after which my wife will then apply for PR under the family sponsorship. As of now I am confused as to how to proceed with and would appreciate if someone would help answer these questions:

- If I apply after just the Nikkah with no rukhsati will CIC have any issues with that? I then plan on having the rukhsati and valima reception after the PR for my wife gets approved (I will obviously not mention this plan in the application)
- In the case that I apply with after Nikkah ONLY, then in the questionnaire should we mention that we lived together (even though we will not live together after nikah) or should we just say that we did not live together (won't this make CIC doubt as to the nature of the relationship since officially we would be married and it would look odd to them that a husband and wife are not living together even after marriage)

Further Info:
I have known my fiance for 2 years now, have been engaged to her for more than 6 months. we had an engagement ceremony in which family members of both families were present (pictures were taken as well). I have conversation records for the past 2 years on whatsapp, facebook and skype(and some emails were also exchanged); we talk on a daily basis. We have also exchanged gifts and cards.

AsWeWait

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-10-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2016

Osama_sidd said:
Hi all,
I came to canada on study visa and after my masters I have been working here on a graduate work permit. I recently got my PR as well. Earlier this year I went to Pakistan and got engaged and I am planning on going next year for Nikkah after which my wife will then apply for PR under the family sponsorship. As of now I am confused as to how to proceed with and would appreciate if someone would help answer these questions:

- If I apply after just the Nikkah with no rukhsati will CIC have any issues with that? I then plan on having the rukhsati and valima reception after the PR for my wife gets approved (I will obviously not mention this plan in the application)
- In the case that I apply with after Nikkah ONLY, then in the questionnaire should we mention that we lived together (even though we will not live together after nikah) or should we just say that we did not live together (won't this make CIC doubt as to the nature of the relationship since officially we would be married and it would look odd to them that a husband and wife are not living together even after marriage)

Further Info:
I have known my fiance for 2 years now, have been engaged to her for more than 6 months. we had an engagement ceremony in which family members of both families were present (pictures were taken as well). I have conversation records for the past 2 years on whatsapp, facebook and skype(and some emails were also exchanged); we talk on a daily basis. We have also exchanged gifts and cards.
Usually CIC does not consider a marriage complete without a Rukhsathi, however you seem to have enough proof to prove that this is genuine. You have to see it from their POV, they receive hundreds of sham applications. So you have to see if you have enough proof to convince a (doubtful yet unbiased) stranger, that your relationship is genuine.
You can always refer to the form and explain why Rukhsathi didn't take place etc.

That is what I have heard and read, so the rest is up to you.

Goodluck buddy

Micky:)

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015

fhyder said:
Hey everyone,
I hope everyone is doing great. I had posted here a couple of weeks ago regarding my sister sponsoring her husband. Anyway, she received a letter from CIC on Oct 07, 2015 regarding additional document request and gave her a month to gather the documents and send to CIC. She gathered everything required and sent to her "Representative" on tuesday and was sitting in his mailbox since yesterday. After reviewing the documents, the representative said there was a couple of pages of whatsapp chat that were written in urdu and said he needs to translate them into english and then get them certified but it wont happen until monday and thats when he will send the documents. Monday is going to be Nov 2nd and it is very very close to the deadline (Nov 7) and we are all very worried that what if (God forbid) the documents dont arrive to VO on time. We, over and over again, requested him to leave those pages of chat and send the rest which includes their photos together, my sisters pregnancy report, skype log, viber log etc. At first he said dont worry the documents will arrive there on time and i will get it translated but we are just really worried. anyway after a lot of (literally) begging he agreed upon sending the documents today. and just this evening we contacted him and he said the documents are sent and we asked for tracking number and he said he is out of the office and right after that he is leaving for USA. But we kept requesting that please for our peace of mind can you please send us the tracking number and he said okay I will send it before I leave. and surprise surprise, he is not even picking up the calls. To be honest we are just completely out of options and have no idea what to do. I was thinking what if my sister complains about him to CIC and try to get an extension from them and cancel this representative so she can re submit the requested documents.

All the suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Many representatives are doing the same.. better to take him off from your file.. my entire viber watsapp history was in urdu and CIC didnt bothered... I have already got decision made on my ECAS

AsWeWait

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-10-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2016

Micky:) said:
Many representatives are doing the same.. better to take him off from your file.. my entire viber watsapp history was in urdu and CIC didnt bothered... I have already got decision made on my ECAS
Exactly!
They only require official documents to be translated and attested.
I am pretty sure that they don't actually read the chat logs, rather just skim over them to see that you are in continuing contact with your SO.
Yeah, no offence but that rep made a rookie mistake.

hs64

Jul 1, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
File Transfer...
11-11-2015 Additional doc: 22-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016

So I got my AOR 3 days ago and I was able to login to CIC to check my status until yesterday. For some reason I cannot login today, it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:"

Is this normal? Does anyone have any idea what might have happened?

Soulman

Sep 18, 2015

Alhamdulillah I got my passport back on 27th OCT. I want to thank all the members for their help n wish them best of luck to get their visas ASAP.

paknew

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated forms Request.: 2-May-2015 -- Submitted on 12-May-2015 -- Passport copy and recent pictures submission requested on 25-Nov-2016 -- Submitted 30-Nov-2016
Nomination.....
N/R
AOR Received.
26-04-2014
IELTS Request
N/R
File Transfer...
26-04-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015 (I didn’t do upfront medical) Status changed to "In-Process" on 11-2-2015 -- RE-MED REQ. 10-May-2016
Med's Done....
25-2-2015 -- RE-MED DONE: 12-May-2016
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulillah)
Passport Req..
20-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdulillah received passport with visa and COPR on 7-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
InshahAllah in March-2017

Girl89 said:
Asalamualikum everyone. I am april 2014 applicant and still waiting for DM. My lawyer send CSE 2weeks ago and they replied that my husband's background check is being done. Can anyone tell how lng does it take for background checks?? Thank you
Hi girl89,

I'm also April-2014 applicant and waiting for DM. We have came to know couple of weeks ago thru MP that our case is also in background check but don't know since when. Can you tell me since when your background check was started?

We are in the same boat and facing same conditions. Ask your lawyer as he may be some idea that how much time LVO usually takes in background check. You are also requested to share with me also. It seems that March-2014, April-2014, May 2014 cases are getting delay due to some reasons. Pls check with your lawyer and share his words with me also.

Waiting for your feedback. Tnx

MaryamS

Mar 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015

Baiyang said:
Congrats!

How many days it took to get passport back. Did vfs notify you once the passport is arrived?
We submitted the passport on oct 7 n recieved on oct 28. Almost 21 days. They just updated the status on their website.

CanSA

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015

Hi
Does anyone know if you reply to doc request by email , if the email only is acceptable and CIC will continue processing and accept the email until docs arrive by post? Or do they need to physically receive the documents by post to continue to process file?
Also do they acknowledge the email received to let you know they got the docs?
Thx