Ahmad07

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

saad1.khan said:
AOA WR WB,
I applied for spousal sponsorship.

Case received on April 7, 2014 in Mississauga
Process started on May 30, 2014 in London Office (recieved confirmation letter)
I inquired about my case in May, 2015 and came to know that an interview of my wife will be conducted in Islamabad and she will be notified a month prior to it
I went to my local MP office and inquired regarding my case but no luck in receiving any new info
Its been almost 16 months but no word on interview and neither as to what went wrong in my case.
I could see that mostly cases are being closed in 10 to 13 months in London
Can someone please help me with this interview mystery. Why are they taking so long to schedule an interview. Should I hope for an interview call any time sooner?
Please advise.
Hi, Any update on interview call? Thanks

fhyder

Mar 10, 2015

Hey everyone,
I hope all is well. I am posting here with regards to my sister sponsoring her husband and they recently received a letter from CIC and wanted to ask me for further details as I am also sponsoring my wife. Anyway, for the most part i did understand the letter but i would still love to hear some of the experts suggestions. Her husband lives in south korea however he is a pakistani citizen. Anyway, would any of the experts here like to share their two cents regarding this somewhat disturbing letter. Just to give you some insite. their AOR is April 2014 and they received a remed request along with additional doc request in March 2015. and since then this is the first letter they received. They did hire an immigration consultant who did not want to update CIC about the trip my sister and her husband made to Pakistan in May 2015 and who also did not update CIC about my sisters pregnancy. Now this all news to me as well and my mind is absolutely clueless to understand why he would do such a thing.. Sorry for posting such a huge message.

This is with respect to your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class, the
class in which you applied.

A preliminary review of your file, based on the information and documentation you have submitted to
date, raises concerns that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be
selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law
partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 4 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations establishes that a foreign national “shall
not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner or an adopted child of a person if
the marriage, common-law partnership, conjugal partnership or adoption is not genuine or was entered
into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act.” Due to the limited
documentation/information you provided with your application, the information available is insufficient
information to conclude that you are in a bona fide, genuine and continuing relationship with your
sponsor and that you are not excluded from the family class pursuant to section 4 of the Regulations.

This letter is being sent to you to offer you an opportunity to respond to this concern and to afford you an
opportunity to supplement your file with additional information. Therefore, before a final decision is
made by an officer, you may submit a written explanation with respect to the concerns identified above.
You are free to provide any submissions or information which you would like the visa officer to consider
which might serve to allay these concerns This may include additional proof of relationship including but
not limited to cards, letters, photographs, proof of financial support, e-mail exchanges, chat transcripts,
proof of ongoing communication since your marriage, etc. which may support the development and bona
fides of your relationship, or any other written documentation you would like to submit.

Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy a visa officer that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Therefore, it is in your best interest to ensure
that if you do make additional submissions, they are fulsome and address the above concern(s) as
completely as possible.

You must provide any additional information you would like the officer to consider within 30 days of the
date of this letter.

At the end of this period, your file will be forwarded to the responsible visa officer for review. The officer
will review your file and will make a decision on the application, taking into consideration all of the facts,
circumstances and submissions before him/her. This will of course include your response (if any) to the
concerns identified above and any additional documentation you have submitted. If you choose not to
respond, the officer will make a decision on the basis of the information before him/her.

Additionally, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act establishes that a person
who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the
examination and must produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

ian-ali

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

fhyder said:
Hey everyone,
I hope all is well. I am posting here with regards to my sister sponsoring her husband and they recently received a letter from CIC and wanted to ask me for further details as I am also sponsoring my wife. Anyway, for the most part i did understand the letter but i would still love to hear some of the experts suggestions. Her husband lives in south korea however he is a pakistani citizen. Anyway, would any of the experts here like to share their two cents regarding this somewhat disturbing letter. Just to give you some insite. their AOR is April 2014 and they received a remed request along with additional doc request in March 2015. and since then this is the first letter they received. They did hire an immigration consultant who did not want to update CIC about the trip my sister and her husband made to Pakistan in May 2015 and who also did not update CIC about my sisters pregnancy. Now this all news to me as well and my mind is absolutely clueless to understand why he would do such a thing.. Sorry for posting such a huge message.

This is with respect to your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class, the

A preliminary review of your file, based on the information and documentation you have submitted to
date, raises concerns that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be
selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law
partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 4 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations establishes that a foreign national “shall
not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner or an adopted child of a person if
the marriage, common-law partnership, conjugal partnership or adoption is not genuine or was entered
into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act.” Due to the limited
documentation/information you provided with your application, the information available is insufficient
information to conclude that you are in a bona fide, genuine and continuing relationship with your
sponsor and that you are not excluded from the family class pursuant to section 4 of the Regulations.

This letter is being sent to you to offer you an opportunity to respond to this concern and to afford you an
opportunity to supplement your file with additional information. Therefore, before a final decision is
made by an officer, you may submit a written explanation with respect to the concerns identified above.
You are free to provide any submissions or information which you would like the visa officer to consider
which might serve to allay these concerns This may include additional proof of relationship including but
not limited to cards, letters, photographs, proof of financial support, e-mail exchanges, chat transcripts,
proof of ongoing communication since your marriage, etc. which may support the development and bona
fides of your relationship, or any other written documentation you would like to submit.

Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy a visa officer that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Therefore, it is in your best interest to ensure
that if you do make additional submissions, they are fulsome and address the above concern(s) as
completely as possible.

You must provide any additional information you would like the officer to consider within 30 days of the
date of this letter.

At the end of this period, your file will be forwarded to the responsible visa officer for review. The officer
will review your file and will make a decision on the application, taking into consideration all of the facts,
circumstances and submissions before him/her. This will of course include your response (if any) to the
concerns identified above and any additional documentation you have submitted. If you choose not to
respond, the officer will make a decision on the basis of the information before him/her.

Additionally, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act establishes that a person
who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the
examination and must produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Hi

I can understand your sister's situation and I hear that a lot of people had bad experience with immigration consultant. You guys should filled the forms on your own but anyhow, what did you guys sent in with your application. I have recently sponsored my wife in March of this year and she got PPR already.

If your sister has: gift receipts, chats, facebook, emails, pictures, pregnancy report, phone bills, and anything else just send it with this letter and ask her to write a detail letter to them. If you guys need help inbox me as I am leaving work now.

Mishaalijaz

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2015, in process 11 sep 2015, got original doc back on 17 Sep
Doc's Request.
September 23 , delivered 5 Oct
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Not yet.
Passport Req..
October 20, 2015

Azlan2015 said:
We are in the same boat . They asked for Urdu Nikah Nama from me as well and my timeline pretty much same as yours. I sent them Urdu NN and Rukhsati pics by email and they acknowledged that with a reply after two days. I sent them original NN and pics by Post as well which they received yesterday but till now no response from their side...
I sent by post only

Mishaalijaz

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2015, in process 11 sep 2015, got original doc back on 17 Sep
Doc's Request.
September 23 , delivered 5 Oct
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Not yet.
Passport Req..
October 20, 2015

tony000 said:
CIC is not having just one Formula for processing Applications. I think soon you will be getting Passport Request.
Since Our File is '' In Process '' We've not hear anything from CIC London, I'm worried about it .. dunno what do do :( , We're planning to Order notes so we can encounter if something Negative is in Officer's mind about Case .
On what date your status changed to in process?

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

fhyder said:
Hey everyone,

completely as possible.

date of this letter.

nothing to worry about, this is perfect time to send all the details of visits, pregnancy, & all other communication records.

mjvc2323

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015

What if they don't give visa on spot in interview does that mean case refused or can they request passport later?

mess

May 4, 2015

mjvc2323 said:
What if they don't give visa on spot in interview does that mean case refused or can they request passport later?
If u don't get visa on the spot, it doesn't necessarily mean as has been refused. Not everyone gets visa on the spot. Let's hope for the best and pls keep us posted.

feb2015

Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
File Transfer...
11-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015 (Upfront) In process:... 08-10-2015

Micky:) said:
Got "in process" today ... But when I clicked the in process button there was no line added ...
Same here.

Ours is showing in process today (may have updated yesterday as I checked today after 2 days).

And when I click the "In process" link, it only lists
1. application received...
2. medical results received.

Hopefully it will be updated with date and decision made soon.

Noorulain111

Aug 28, 2014

Hi all. My file is in LVO under process since June 3rd 2015. Today they sent back all the supporting documents that they normally ask for while applying for sponsorship. We're just curious about whats going on? Is it a good sign?

Canpak740

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015

I am Jan 14, 2015 applicant on March 23 received aor and in process since 29 August. Got additional documents request on 15 September and re med request on 25 September and did re med on 6 October. PR sponsoring wife

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Holy smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!
Went into "in process" today. Timeline on the side. Long ass wait is about to be over hopefully.

Feb 10, 2015

fhyder said:
Hey everyone,

completely as possible.

date of this letter.

its normal .... i did receive same letter and responded wit proofs

Azlan2015

Sep 6, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28thFeb,2015
AOR Received.
3 May,2015
File Transfer...
29th May, 2015
Med's Request
...In Process on 23rd September, 2015
Med's Done....
..Desion made on 17 Oct,2015
Passport Req..
22 Oct,2015
VISA ISSUED...
3 Nov,2015
LANDED..........
17, Dec, 2015 InshaAllah

Mishaalijaz said:
I sent by post only
It's totally fine just to send a post. Did you send that by courier? ?? If yes then who received your post?? Name of the person ??

Micky:)

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015

Noorulain111 said:
Hi all. My file is in LVO under process since June 3rd 2015. Today they sent back all the supporting documents that they normally ask for while applying for sponsorship. We're just curious about whats going on? Is it a good sign?
Its pretty normal... I think they are done with your case... hope to listen from them soon.. keep an eye on your ECAS