VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

hhafiz said:
See the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Read the guide carefully. Particularly General Asia [IMM 3907] (PDF, 822.94 KB) that tells you what you need in terms of original documents from applicant in Pakistan.

For originals always use TCS or tracked mail services.
I would recommend FedEx 110% reliable, a bit costly but straight delivery to your house in Canada. TCS will give it to Fedex or DHL in the end to deliver in Canada.

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Got original docs back - 08-July-15
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-

My MP got in touch with her parliament immigration agents, they reported that her background checks were complete but eligibility was still in process. Find this extremely odd considering they returned her original documents a week ago but according to the agent they took a copy of the docs and sent the originals back. According to the MP however sometimes even the information these agents have is not completely upto date.

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

HORI420 said:
Hello Everybody,

I just got my re-medical request. We e-mailed the Lahore IOM Health Center and they e-mail us with an appointment date after 3 weeks. Is that normal?

In addition, the re-medical request letter says that I am requested to bring my valid Polio vaccination certificate at the time of my appointment. Where can we get this certificate?

Kindly note that I am in Lahore

Please kindly help. I will really appreciate your efforts. Thanks.
That's normal........usually they gave 2/3 weeks later appointment
You can get the polio certificate from any Govt. Hospitals. In order to receive a certificate form you must show them your photocopy of Passport. Also make sure to have your Identity Card (NIC) with you since if required it helps with general identification

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Timeline spreadsheet needs to be updated khawateen-o-Hazrat:)
Admin Jo bhi ho yaar plz update it as it seems like there are a few who got ppr n interview & re medical etc recently.

MMMEEESSS

Jun 29, 2015

i have query that is it really imp to get my educational degrees and documenta attested from HEC and ministry of foreign office to prove then valid in canada?

any idea

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon

HORI420 said:
Hello Everybody,

I just got my re-medical request. We e-mailed the Lahore IOM Health Center and they e-mail us with an appointment date after 3 weeks. Is that normal?

In addition, the re-medical request letter says that I am requested to bring my valid Polio vaccination certificate at the time of my appointment. Where can we get this certificate?

Kindly note that I am in Lahore

Please kindly help. I will really appreciate your efforts. Thanks.
Yes its normal to get an appointment in 2/3 years. Though some gets in 8/10 days and some 2/3 weeks.

For Polio you should go to the District Health Office (DHO), it takes normally 10 minutes to get certificate after having polio drops. You should take original passport and NIC with you. To be on safe side take photo state as well.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015

MMMEEESSS said:
i have query that is it really imp to get my educational degrees and documenta attested from HEC and ministry of foreign office to prove then valid in canada?

any idea
I work in HR and yes we ask for either credentials completed in Canada or equivalency recognized in Canada. You can get your degrees evaluated on WES.ORG. I think you should do this regardless. It will issue a certificate that will state your degree/diploma is recognized in Canada or in any canadian institute. A masters degree is evaluated at the bachelors level (depending on the degree of course). It also helps with getting into post secondary education.

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

MMMEEESSS said:

any idea
It really depends upon what you are looking into and what kind of education you have.

For job point of view you don't need to get your degrees/certificates attested from HEC or foreign office. WES (World Education Services) in Canada can do the job for you, at cost.

For admission point of view, its not necessary as well. Because different universities have their own criteria to evaluate your backhome education.

A) Some university don't accept transcripts directly from the students (doesn't really matter if its attested from HEC/foreign office or not). They will ask you, to have your university send us the transcripts in a university sealed envelop.

B) It also depends what kind of education you have. E.g. being engineer from a recognized university may get all your credits honor. But for a doctor the whole story is other way round....

Getting them attested from HEC or Foreign office makes sense only if you are applying for a student VISA for a particular country and embassy asked you for your degrees/certificates. Other than that for Canada HEC attestation is worthless. You have to get them evaluated in Canada anyways.

So its all up to you. Whatever you are comfortable with.

XMan24April

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
File Transfer...
20-06-2014
Med's Request
med extension mail on 28th jan 2015, as per notes medical status is Cleared - Expired
Passport Req..
10th September 2015

adilsulaiman said:
My MP got in touch with her parliament immigration agents, they reported that her background checks were complete but eligibility was still in process. Find this extremely odd considering they returned her original documents a week ago but according to the agent they took a copy of the docs and sent the originals back. According to the MP however sometimes even the information these agents have is not completely upto date.
Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, but what exactly is eligibility all about? i assume this is the applicant's eligibility? if in notes all is green and visa officer is satisfied with marriage, then what or how does eligibility gets decided?

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)

hhafiz said:
That's normal........usually they gave 2/3 weeks later appointment
You can get the polio certificate from any Govt. Hospitals. In order to receive a certificate form you must show them your photocopy of Passport. Also make sure to have your Identity Card (NIC) with you since if required it helps with general identification
In addition to the hospitals you can get them from airport too.

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Got original docs back - 08-July-15
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-

XMan24April said:
Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, but what exactly is eligibility all about? i assume this is the applicant's eligibility? if in notes all is green and visa officer is satisfied with marriage, then what or how does eligibility gets decided?
Eligibility is their assessment of the credibility of marriage. This in short is to judge whether the sponsor is eligible sponsor the applicant on the basis of the relationship claimed. After eligibility, security and criminal checks are conducted.

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon

sulemanmirza said:
In addition to the hospitals you can get them from airport too.
Yes. Even one can go to the services hospitals too. But services hospitals and airports wont issue you a card/letter for upfront medicals. Services hospitals only issue you card/letter if you have a letter by cic, and airports only issue you letter if you have a air ticket of the same day.

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

Hello everyone!

I have sponsored my wife two months ago. I received approval today from CIC.
my wife's surname was changed after marriage but on this letter it still says old surname.
Also, my wife was pregnant so Family Dr did not allow to have medical exam but on this letter they said she needs to do medical to allow continued processing of her application.

Any idea if I cans till ask to change name and if I can delay medical. Dr told her to do medical after delivery which is due in Oct.

Thanks in advance

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

shafeez said:
Hello all,

I recently got my nikkah done but no ruksati as of yet, will this cause a problem in the process and minimize my husband's chances of getting approved?

Another question I have is concerning the police and medical certificates. Can one directly go to the addresses provided and get these certificates? Or must he have a request form?
I can understand the anxiety that you will be facing right now. I have gone through same. We submitted our case as nikkah only back in May 2014. We had plans to get married in Jan 2015 and we informed the same to the CIC when we submitted our application. We did our rukhsati in jan 2015 as planned and sent all proofs voluntarily including wedding photos, random photos, honeymoon photos, hotel bills, bookings etc in March. We were sure that we will be called for interview as our case started as nikkah only. But thank to Almighty Allah we got our visa without any issue or delay. So do the rukhsati as planned and send the proof voluntarily (send a lot of proof). Meanwhile, keep gathering proof of ongoing relationship such as chat logs, call logs, Facetime/skype logs, gift receipts etc. Send them along with rukhsati proof. InshAllah there will be no issue. And if possible, stay with your husband for some time after rukhsati. This will further strengthen your case.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

warzo said:
I work in HR and yes we ask for either credentials completed in Canada or equivalency recognized in Canada. You can get your degrees evaluated on WES.ORG. I think you should do this regardless. It will issue a certificate that will state your degree/diploma is recognized in Canada or in any canadian institute. A masters degree is evaluated at the bachelors level (depending on the degree of course). It also helps with getting into post secondary education.
Hi Warzo, What is meant by "A masters degree is evaluated at the bachelors level"? Can you please elaborate? Let's say I have a Masters degree in Engineering from Australia, What wil be the procedure then?