+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Immi2023

Jun 16, 2023
Congratulations Safi!
My spouse also received PPR just today. However, We have a small confusion and just wondering if you could guide me. In the PPR email it is mentioned that "If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages"
My Spouse's passport is expiring in 5 months. Should we get the new passport first and then send it to the VFS? Thank you

Hi. I'm not an expert but all embassies/ high commissions ask for 6 months passport validity to stamp a new visa (not sure why). Better to ask IRCC through webform and to apply for the new passport in parallel. Urgent takes 5 business days.

Immi2023

Jun 16, 2023
Everyone who got COPR/PPR, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Happy for all of your mashaAllah.

Can you please confirm what is the validity of COPR or visa? Is it till the expiry of your medical?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
hi everyone, i just got an email this morning from IRCC - saying that IRCC got our "paper" application on so and so date....and now I should link it to IRCC account.

But we applied ONLINE - and we got AOR and we got SA. And now---they are saying it was paper?

Do i need to inform them about this - or simply let it go? is this a standard email sent to everyone paper/online - to link their application to IRCC? My application appeared on IRCC by itself. Few days after getting AOR, i simply logged in with uci and it was there.

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
hi everyone, i just got an email this morning from IRCC - saying that IRCC got our "paper" application on so and so date....and now I should link it to IRCC account.

But we applied ONLINE - and we got AOR and we got SA. And now---they are saying it was paper?

Do i need to inform them about this - or simply let it go? is this a standard email sent to everyone paper/online - to link their application to IRCC? My application appeared on IRCC by itself. Few days after getting AOR, i simply logged in with uci and it was there.
Dont let it go , inform them through webform. This message must be mistakenly sent but still you never know

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Dont let it go , inform them through webform. This message must be mistakenly sent but still you never know
yes - today i had the time to link the application to the IRCC secure account. And yes....
there was one more info that was NOT PREVIOUSLY known to us. On the IRCC secure account, it shows that they have accepted our Biometrics for the Spousal PR- which was originally for an earlier TRV. While on the IRCC tracker - it just shows that biometrics is in-progress. ahhhh so much confusing inconsistencies and redundancies within CIC platforms.

GoodVibes786

Jan 11, 2023
Anyone informed IRCC of address change after coming to Canada on TRV while spousal sponsorship application in process? Is it a good idea to inform IRCC or we should wait for PPR and then inform them?

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
W
Anyone informed IRCC of address change after coming to Canada on TRV while spousal sponsorship application in process? Is it a good idea to inform IRCC or we should wait for PPR and then inform them?
Wait for ppr, it gives you all options to get copr. If applicant is in Canada and you get ppr just inform them through the webform link they give.

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
yes - today i had the time to link the application to the IRCC secure account. And yes....
there was one more info that was NOT PREVIOUSLY known to us. On the IRCC secure account, it shows that they have accepted our Biometrics for the Spousal PR- which was originally for an earlier TRV. While on the IRCC tracker - it just shows that biometrics is in-progress. ahhhh so much confusing inconsistencies and redundancies within CIC platforms.

Haha Info! Yes, IRCC has a lot of inconsistencies here and there. I hope they improve the system further so we don't receive these ghost updates.

Fhn2023

Star Member
Jan 8, 2023
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-12-2022
Doc's Request.
01-03-2023
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
File Transfer...
06-03-2023
Med's Request
06-06-2023
Med's Done....
15-06-2023
Passport Req..
08-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2023
Update your address on file to Canadian Address before ppr to save time

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Update it before Passport request because your spouse is already in Canada why you have to stamp your passport? then after COPR they will send you email where they will confirm your address for the PR card delivery.

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
Hello All:

Hope you are doing well.
Our marriage was done last year but we couldn't do the VALIMA/ Reception Ceremony because of time constraints. And we mentioned it clearly in our Application too. Now we are planning to have it in Pakistan within the next 2-3 months.

My application is currently in "MEDICAL PASSED" stage and "BACKRGOUND VERIFICATION" is "IN PROGRESS". So should we send an update to IRCC via webform that we are planning to have VALIMA on this, this Date?
(Just want to know if we should be pro-active about it OR NO?)

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Hello All:

Hope you are doing well.
Our marriage was done last year but we couldn't do the VALIMA/ Reception Ceremony because of time constraints. And we mentioned it clearly in our Application too. Now we are planning to have it in Pakistan within the next 2-3 months.

My application is currently in "MEDICAL PASSED" stage and "BACKRGOUND VERIFICATION" is "IN PROGRESS". So should we send an update to IRCC via webform that we are planning to have VALIMA on this, this Date?
(Just want to know if we should be pro-active about it OR NO?)
My suggestion is to not inform them right now , as its is planned after 2 months. At this moment you dont have any pictures of you guys together and other proof like boarding pass, passport stamp etc which they always ask. After valima you can send it as additional voluntary information, which also may not be required as by that time you may have a decision on your application. Currently LVO is processing really fast dec, Jan and even some Feb applications have started getting prearrival & pprs.

Reactions: Muhammad Shakil