+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
No problem, happy to help. If you are a Permanent Resident then it is advisable not to leave the country for trips to Pakistan longer than a month or so (I'm not sure about the time but there is a limit). Being a permanent resident means there is a limit to how long you can stay outside Canada without it jeopardizing your spousal sponsorship application, which is why people caution against it.

But if you are a Canadian citizen then you can stay in Pakistan with your wife while waiting for the visa as long as you want, although be careful not to state that you are "LIVING" in Pakistan as then you will be considered a Canadian citizen residing outside of Canada. There's no need to mention on your app that you are "residing" in Pakistan. You can still be residing in Canada and applying for spousal sponsorship while you are temporarily visiting your wife in Pakistan after marriage.

Edit: You can also go to Pakistan in December and get married, spend some time there for 2-3 months, and then come back to Canada, and then at some later point while your application is being processed, you can go back to Pakistan for a visit. Going for a visit again can also strengthen the authenticity of the relationship you're showing (you can add to your app later that you went for a visit), although this may not be so necessary depending on what you submitted in evidence for your relationship.

Just make sure to apply for the spousal sponsorship application as soon as you can after marriage.
Oh yes, im planning and asking the girl's family to keep her documents ready. So that literally 1-2 days after nikah i can send the application. But now thinking about it, and as the days are getting closer, I wonder what kind of emotional roller coaster i will have to go through. Specially if the wait is 2 years!! Ahhhh..

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Oh yes, im planning and asking the girl's family to keep her documents ready. So that literally 1-2 days after nikah i can send the application. But now thinking about it, and as the days are getting closer, I wonder what kind of emotional roller coaster i will have to go through. Specially if the wait is 2 years!! Ahhhh..
Make sure to take lots of pics of all functions though, like nikah, mahndi, baraat, and waleema ceremonies, and plenty of other pics showing your time spent together to provide good evidence of your relationship in your application and to avoid them asking for more proof.
As for the emotional roller coaster bit, well...sigh. Just know you're not alone. Honestly it's not really a roller coaster for me anymore--it's just waiting. A lot of waiting and patience. And hey, there's still a good chance that it might not even be 2 years for you. Hopefully London Visa Office will finally have picked up the pace with app processing by the time you apply in December.

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
Make sure to take lots of pics of all functions though, like nikah, mahndi, baraat, and waleema ceremonies, and plenty of other pics showing your time spent together to provide good evidence of your relationship in your application and to avoid them asking for more proof.
As for the emotional roller coaster bit, well...sigh. Just know you're not alone. Honestly it's not really a roller coaster for me anymore--it's just waiting. A lot of waiting and patience. And hey, there's still a good chance that it might not even be 2 years for you. Hopefully London Visa Office will finally have picked up the pace with app processing by the time you apply in December.
Just to add make sure both bride and groom are visible and are happy like smiling or enjoying themselves I read in gcms notes they look at these thing not to say it's not genuine bug just make sure face are visible and marked on the back of each pic with dates n ppl in the pic

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
It's been a huge roller coaster ride for me especially when children are involved and especially when those kids have a canadian passport can't have my kids away from their mom never ever can do tht so patiently waiting for my turn and hoping it's very soon.

applicant0987

Nov 11, 2022
i am october 2021 applicant received adr 3 weeks back
does anybody know how much time they take to responsd and send ppr?
my background check is complete and eligibility in progress

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
It's been a huge roller coaster ride for me especially when children are involved and especially when those kids have a canadian passport can't have my kids away from their mom never ever can do tht so patiently waiting for my turn and hoping it's very soon.
Oh thats definitely a different level of roller coaster - when kids are involved. And im sure its huge issue when mum is away, but hey even with dads being away, it matters to many dads even if kids dont feel it (if they are very young). I hope inshAllah your family gets united very soon inshaAllah. (God Willing).

Reactions: knighthunter001

attkhan

Nov 17, 2020
Okay thank you so much!!!
Hoped you are doing well,

We send e mail and they are saying , the application is waiting for officer to make final decision and final decision will be very soon

Your and our application is almost same time last year. likely it will take few week mean 2-4 weeks .

As per you sponsor, your eligibility has been completed and your husband medical has been completed . you are suffering and staying at Pakistan for your husband application . you can wait few more days and travel with your husband.

Kindly, please please keep up- to-date your husband application status also.

Thanks

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
Oh thats definitely a different level of roller coaster - when kids are involved. And im sure its huge issue when mum is away, but hey even with dads being away, it matters to many dads even if kids dont feel it (if they are very young). I hope inshAllah your family gets united very soon inshaAllah. (God Willing).
Thank you very much .... the most nerve wrecking part is seeing Decision made on cic site but not knowing what the decision is .. they do say it will come in writing but it's been more than a week and even couriers now a days don't take that long ... my kids are young yes under 12 .. inshallah I pray we get united very very soon.

applicant0987

Nov 11, 2022

Uzma21

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
They don't respond on ADR receipts usually, however, seeing the current trend I hope you can get something in a few weeks. I got an ADR request on October 14, 2022, and responded on October 18, 2022. Got Pre-Arrival on November 03, 2022, & yesterday my ECAS shows the decision made & GCKey account had a profile update.

Hopeful69

Jul 12, 2022
They don't respond on ADR receipts usually, however, seeing the current trend I hope you can get something in a few weeks. I got an ADR request on October 14, 2022, and responded on October 18, 2022. Got Pre-Arrival on November 03, 2022, & yesterday my ECAS shows the decision made & GCKey account had a profile update.
Uzma, what kind of profile update you have got in gckey?