Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

flx2015 said:
i know, i saw that post in the February thread. regarding your friend's wife, if they applied in March then their DM would've been around August/September, correct?
Yes It was beginning September.

Another friend who applied in February, got it in 7 months, and that too including document request.

I am hoping that you guys get some good news very soon!! :)

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

CofRed said:
Yes It was beginning September.

Another friend who applied in February, got it in 7 months, and that too including document request.

I am hoping that you guys get some good news very soon!! :)
well i'm only at 4.5 months so far, and i'm not expecting anything until July. i've been going nuts by looking at the spreadsheet trying to extrapolate estimates, which i guess is a silly thing to do given how little i know about what's going on at LVO and how much variation there is in their processing times. sometimes it's just better not to look, lol.

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016

flx2015 said:
well i'm only at 4.5 months so far, and i'm not expecting anything until July. i've been going nuts by looking at the spreadsheet trying to extrapolate estimates, which i guess is a silly thing to do given how little i know about what's going on at LVO and how much variation there is in their processing times. sometimes it's just better not to look, lol.
Totally Agree with you on that not looking part. It has only been a month since my wife's status changed to "We are processing app", and I already feel the need to order notes ( I am not going to :p)

Just consider, this forum consists of probably 10-15% of total pakistani applicants, I might be generous with my estimates. And most fall between 7-10 month range.

When I applied, I gave myself 11 months. (That's what CIC website showed back then for LVO)

Hang in there :D

Akhan22

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23- June 2014
File Transfer...
25 August 2014
Med's Request
24 February 2015
Med's Done....
11 March 2015. ( in process on 9th October 2015)
Interview........
09-03-2016 -- DM , 23-04-2016
Passport Req..
28 April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24 May 2016
LANDED..........
10 June 2016

I hope this info will help everyone of us.

https://sites.google.com/site/islamabadchctimelines/home

Q- What kind of background checks are there and who does these checks for CHC?
Background check includes criminal (Police Clearance) and security (National Security) checks. All adult applicants for immigration to Canada and ALL their dependents, whether accompanying or not, are required to contact the police or relevant authority of each country where they have lived for six months or longer in the last ten years and obtain the necessary police certificate or clearance stating that they do not have criminal convictions.

A National Security check procedures identify persons seeking admission who are, or have been, involved in espionage, subversion, or terrorism. These checks involve CBSA, CSIS, RCMP, and local security authorities in the countries applicant lived in for 6 months or more. They take a while as it is not just one entity doing the work, but one entity communicating with others [internationally, and that can take a while. Sometimes up to a year or even two years + for some complicated cases with serious criminality, army or other travel history. For Islamabad CHC husbands backgrounds generally take anywhere from 3-6 months and for wives 1-3 months for straight forward cases.

Background & Security Checks
Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.
3. The process in a Nutshell

1-Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks references exp etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc. asking for more proofs of relationships, pictures, call history record for contact proofs] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

2-Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the Security Decision(SDEC), CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC,CSBA, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Time frame: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Medicals]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

3-The Process in a Nutshell:
Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Application+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of Acknowledgment of Receipt letter (AOR)+120 days Letter >
Stage-2: [CHC/CIC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+Paper Screening Decision (PSDEC) > Issue of 2nd Acknowledgment of Receipt letter (AOR) > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st Bring Forward(BF'D) or Due Date > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Additional Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd Bring Forward or Due Date(BFD) >
Stage-3: Medicals Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Medicals & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.
Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Q-How long do the background checks take?
Background checks take anywhere from 45 days to 6 months depending on the travel history.

Q- Who is the background checks conducted by?
Background checks 99% are conducted by the CSIS & RCMA.. and they do it within one month...

IN NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES & STRAIGHT FORWARD CASE
Here I will explain you how all this process goes...
1. After CHC-I receives your application they send you AOR which contains file number and estimated process time..
2. They open your file at least after 9-10 months for the first review
3. They send you additional documents request IMM, Supplementary forms etc along with updated PCC report.
4. They send you re-medical request within a month after sending additional documents (in some cases they will send re-medicals along with PPR)
5. They do your back ground checks from CSIS & RCMP & CBSA.
6. After completion of background checks they forward file to a decision making officer
7. Within ONE month decision is made 99% PPR
8. Passport Back with visa within 2 weeks.
(ENTIRE PROCESS MAY TAKE FROM 14-16 MONTH BOTH FOR WIFE AND HUSBAND CASES)

IN SOME COMPLICATED CASES OR DOUBTFUL CASES
Here I will explain you how all this process goes...
1. After CHC-I receives your application they send you AOR which contains file number and estimated process time..
2. They open your file at least after 9-10 months for the first review
3. They send you additional documents request IMM, Supplementary forms etc along with updated PCC report.
BUT ALSO A LETTER WITH SOME OBJECTION, EITHER RUKHSATI OR ANYTHING ELSE
4. They send you re-medical request within a month after sending additional documents (in some cases they will send re-medicals along with PPR) (Plus Objection Letter) and they wait to resolve that objection either by conducting an interview of applicant or by getting additional supporting documents (i.e. more proofs, pictures, phone bills, letters, cards,travel etc) which takes at least 3-4 months extra
5. They do your back ground checks from CSIS & RCMP, CBSA.
6. After completion of background checks they forward file to a decision making officer (If they don't find anything suspicious in background)
7. Within ONE month decision is made depends on background check results
8. Passport Back with visa within 2 weeks.

(ENTIRE PROCESS MAY TAKE FROM 20 - 24 MONTHS IN BOTH HUSBANDS & WIFE CASES)

23lana

Apr 23, 2016

m oct applicant...got a rprf plus additional docs request on 14 march 2016..paid immediately ....how long to go more..haven't heard back..help if u cud

Akhan22

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23- June 2014
File Transfer...
25 August 2014
Med's Request
24 February 2015
Med's Done....
11 March 2015. ( in process on 9th October 2015)
Interview........
09-03-2016 -- DM , 23-04-2016
Passport Req..
28 April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24 May 2016
LANDED..........
10 June 2016

Alhamdulilah got DM today..... ;D

Shah006

Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-15
Doc's Request.
11-11-15
AOR Received.
08-06-15
File Transfer...
08-06-15
Med's Request
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting

Akhan22 said:
Many congratulations

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016

someone really messed up with the spreadsheet.its really very sad.this spreadsheet was meant to help people alot but don't know who did this and why.

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016

I am going to lock this spreadsheet now.its really very disappointing. i want some 2-3 active members for controlling the spreadsheet.if anyone wants to be the admin than please let me know.

AsadA

Sep 3, 2015

Along RPRP What documents were you requested for on 14 March?
What date of October 2015?

23lana said:
m oct applicant...got a rprf plus additional docs request on 14 march 2016..paid immediately ....how long to go more..haven't heard back..help if u cud

23lana

Apr 23, 2016

AsadA said:
Along RPRP What documents were you requested for on 14 March?
What date of October 2015?
1st oct....urdu nikkah nama..plus additional photos and chat history with spouse

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Akhan22 said:
congrats.

we're starting to see at least one DM every day now. :)

AsadA

Sep 3, 2015

In my opinion you can expect a good news on any of the coming days. Many of the September 2015 applications are decided, now its turn of the October 2015 applicants.

23lana said:
1st oct....urdu nikkah nama..plus additional photos and chat history with spouse

23lana

Apr 23, 2016

AsadA said:
In my opinion you can expect a good news on any of the coming days. Many of the September 2015 applications are decided, now its turn of the October 2015 applicants.
really...thank u...that made my day...hoping for the best now

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

23lana said:
really...thank u...that made my day...hoping for the best now
and the other piece of good news is that LVO seems to be working much faster since the beginning of this month. :)