+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

alimaq9

Nov 5, 2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

AOA,

Alhumdulilah, by the grace of Allah my wife's passport has been requested for PR Visa today at Islamabad Office.

Can someone please let me know how long Islamabad Office takes to return passport with visa once it has been submitted?

I'm planning to go to pakistan and my wife and I will then come to canada together. I have to book my flight accordingly and take time off from work as well.

Thank you everyone.

Kind regards,

Ali

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)

alimaq9 said:
AOA,

Alhumdulilah, by the grace of Allah my wife's passport has been requested for PR Visa today at Islamabad Office.

Can someone please let me know how long Islamabad Office takes to return passport with visa once it has been submitted?

I'm planning to go to pakistan and my wife and I will then come to canada together. I have to book my flight accordingly and take time off from work as well.

Thank you everyone.

Kind regards,

Ali

Congratulations MASHA ALLAH.
My wife submitted their passports on December 2nd in Khi office and we got the email on Friday that passports have been dispatched on 11 Dec. They will pick up most probably tomorrow. So a total of 12 days. But keep in mind there are still some members here who are waiting for their passports for more than 15 days..!! average is around 20 to 25 days and as holidays are coming it can increase too, I would say book something in February.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015

Guys at the time When we were filling forms , we selected English Language for Interview Now I'm wondering If i can change it to my Native Language Bcz It will be easy to understand ,I can explain things & Answer the questions in better way. What Should I do now ? what do you think changing language will have any negative impact on our case ?

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
DM: Dec 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016

tony000 said:
Guys at the time When we were filling forms , we selected English Language for Interview Now I'm wondering If i can change it to my Native Language Bcz It will be easy to understand ,I can explain things & Answer the questions in better way. What Should I do now ? what do you think changing language will have any negative impact on our case ?
When you go for the interview, at the spot they will ask you if you need a translator. SO just tell them at that time that you need one. No need to unnecessarily contact the LVO.

savera85

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad>London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-8-2013
Doc's Request.
Never got any
AOR Received.
13-9-2013
File Transfer...
23-1-2014
Med's Request
25-9-2015
Med's Done....
1-7-2013 > 6-10-2015
Interview........
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet

tony000 said:
U will be asked fr the updated forms so in form u cn tick the option that ur peeferred lang fr interview is urdu n interpreter is required..
I will suggest that u shud speak eng as much as u cn n use interpreter where needed.. I had interpreter as i chose urdu fr interview but i didnt use interpreter although interpreter was present.. So i think we shud directly talk to visa officer confidently n u cn use interpreter wenever u feel sum difficulty :)

LonelyCan

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
April 2015
File Transfer...
Sept 2014
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
July 2014 upfront then reme june 2015

paknew said:
Hi Hamadm,

My status is still "In-Process". Last month LVO send me an email to submit color copy of my passport bio page (Notarized) along with my recent photographs which were submitted to them within couple of days upon receipt of the email. Its been almost 2 weeks about to an end since LVO received these documents via courier and I'm still waiting for their further feedback. I was assuming that this was PPR1 since I'm Mar-2014 applicant and they will send PPR2 shortly InshahAllah. Pls pray for me. :)

I'm requesting other 2014 applicants to add their latest updates.

Really need some energy ::)

How long does it take from decision made to PPR if ur 2014 applicant and how do they contact you.

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........

wahmad4 said:
End of April 2014 applicant. Wife is pregnant, have visited her 3 times since got married(October 2013, but applied in April 2014) remedical was done in February 2015( hence expiring in another 2 months on 16th of Feb to be exact) sent them updated documents with our umrah visit, my Pakistan visit, pics, & pregnancy report on 16th of November 2015. No update yet. Still shows in process(& that's showing since October 2015). Last inquiry was in September 2015 through MP-still waiting for review & criminality & background had not started yet at that point.
Hope this helps you as much as it's depressing for me to write this all & think about this journey. Talked to New MP yesterday & he said wait for another couple of weeks & then we can send an inquiry as it takes CIC few weeks to update file.
When is she expecting.? are you the applicant or wife.? if wife is the applicant you are in a same boat as I was from last 7 months..!! my wife's case was almost done all checks were done but they never send us DM after in process I send numerous requests to complete my case before the baby is born but they never did. and then in late August when wife was in 9th month send us a letter that your baby is due any time we have made a decision on your case but will wait for you to add the child.
I added my daughter on Nov 22nd then status changed to DM Nov 27, PPR 1st Dec.

FFalcon16

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-12-2015 & 29-09-2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
Not yet

Salam, I have been posting in UK Outland thread and thought I should post here in the Pakistan thread too. I applied for my wife's case in November 2014 and from recent notes and through my MP, I have found out that the case is awaiting interview to be organized in Pakistan. Last year we only had nikah and the rukhsati etc. took place this year. I was late in updating them of my updated situation so they recommended interview. Since finding out the interview requirement, I have provided them with lots of pictures, wedding cards, tickets, receipts etc. to see if they waive the interview just to speed up the process but let's see.

All the best brothers and sisters especially from 2014 :D

FFalcon16

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
Not yet

kinz90 said:
Anyone ever got medical extension?
My wife automatically got extension of three months but she had to do re-medical before the extended period expired. It really depends on the visa officer reviewing the file. The request to do the complete medical came via an automated email though.

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015

Hi everyone ..

My first post here.. I'm a permanent resident and want to get some info regarding Spouse sponsorship.

I'm visiting karachi,Pakistan this Jan 2016 to get married. I have some question regarding Spouse sponsorship.

1) How long is average processing time for Spouse sponsorship ( from start to the last thing .. getting the via)

2) If my future spouse apply for student visa and comes here as a student . .Once she's here we declare our marriage and I sponsor her.
2.1) How long is the student visa taking ?
2.2) Can I do this ? she come here as a student and then I sponsor her..

Thanks

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........

alamumair said:
Hi everyone ..

My first post here.. I'm a permanent resident and want to get some info regarding Spouse sponsorship.

I'm visiting karachi,Pakistan this Jan 2016 to get married. I have some question regarding Spouse sponsorship.

1) How long is average processing time for Spouse sponsorship ( from start to the last thing .. getting the via)

2) If my future spouse apply for student visa and comes here as a student . .Once she's here we declare our marriage and I sponsor her.

Thanks
1) No one knows the exact time. But as per the current trend they are taking around maximum 8 to 10 months for processing a complete case( without interview ). from start to PPR.

2. ) I would never recommend that as inland process is more than 25 months..! and in that when her student visa expire she will have to renew it , she will have limited or no medical in Canada which is damn expensive. She won't be able to work and for whatever the reason she goes back, she may jeopardize her inland family sponsorship processing.

Best is to go their get married get your documents straight asap and apply within 2 months..!! as you are planning ahead, start gathering proofs of your relationship, docs you have to make from there, forms you have to fill and plan your marriage accordingly and take measures which will help you proof your marriage is genuine (photos of all events Nikkah etc, keeping receipts of all gifts and honeymoon etc ) just to name a few. We are always here to help :)

FFalcon16

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
Not yet

sulemanmirza said:
1) No one knows the exact time. But as per the current trend they are taking around maximum 8 to 10 months for processing a complete case( without interview ). from start to PPR.

2. ) I would never recommend that as inland process is more than 25 months..! and in that when her student visa expire she will have to renew it , she will have limited or no medical in Canada which is damn expensive. She won't be able to work and for whatever the reason she goes back, she may jeopardize her inland family sponsorship processing.

Best is to go their get married get your documents straight asap and apply within 2 months..!! as you are planning ahead, start gathering proofs of your relationship, docs you have to make from there, forms you have to fill and plan your marriage accordingly and take measures which will help you proof your marriage is genuine (photos of all events Nikkah etc, keeping receipts of all gifts and honeymoon etc ) just to name a few. We are always here to help :)
What about average timeline for cases with interview?

CanadaSMS

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2014
AOR Received.
In-Process August 25, 2015
File Transfer...
May 20, 2014
Med's Request
September 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 13, 2015
Interview........
November 23, 2015, DM November 26, 2015
Passport Req..
December 2, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 15, 2015
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah January 7, 2016

alimaq9 said:
AOA,

Thank you everyone.

Kind regards,

Ali
Honestly no one can tell how long it will take, it may take 4 days 10 days or 3 weeks or even more, just wait till she gets her passport back and you can always plan then. Many Congratulations.

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009

alamumair said:
Hi everyone ..

Thanks
I second what sulemanmirza suggested. You should sponsor first and then she can apply for student visa after you get the file number of your sponsorship file. (I suggest that from experience and we were lucky in sense that my wife got the admission in the university which was in the same city as I was living in)

However for student visa she has to has an admission in a university in Canada, keep in mind that even if she gets accepted to a university it might not be in the same city as you, so apart from paying the extremely high international student fee you have to pay for the living expenses in two different cities.

For student visa processing time, there is no standard. The official timeline for Pakistan is 70 to 77 days however it took us around 6 months to get a student visa. The sponsorship application took around 14 months from start to finish. (In short she was here in Canada 7 months before the sponsorship file was finalized)

CanadaSMS

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2014
AOR Received.
In-Process August 25, 2015
File Transfer...
May 20, 2014
Med's Request
September 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 13, 2015
Interview........
November 23, 2015, DM November 26, 2015
Passport Req..
December 2, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 15, 2015
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah January 7, 2016

alamumair said:
Hi everyone ..

Thanks
I saw some people are trying their best to answer your questions and help. One thing no one has told you is to apply to Canadian Immigration you must tell them truth, everything about you and your spouse with regards to your status. In the admission forms also there will be questions which will determine that she is married to you and you live in Canada. Once it is truthfully disclosed which you must, your visa application has a RED flag right away, that means delay and scrutiny from CIC. If you will hide any facts and get the visa then you are risking everything.

My advice is, get married with rukhsati, don't try any short cuts and apply for her sponsorship asap, nowadays people have got visas processed in less than 6 months. Inshaallah you will be able to get her there faster.

good luck.