Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

maria9988 said:
It says 'In Process' today under the Permanent Residence Application Status. Is that where the important 'In Process' is supposed to be where it'll eventually be Decision Made??
Yes that's correct. Congrats.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016

maria9988 said:
It says 'In Process' today under the Permanent Residence Application Status. Is that where the important 'In Process' is supposed to be where it'll eventually be Decision Made??
I guess in process doesn't mean because some people Permanent Residence Application Status shows in process very late and some people very early like me ..i am June 2nd applicant my file transfer on LVO on 29 July 2015 and Permanent Residence Application Status changed to in process on 6th Aug 2015 it doesn't mean my application will be complete within 3 or 4 months.

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah

MMMEEESSS said:
Hi

I will be landing in canada in frst week of October .
I am confused about lagguage declaration ?? What it is and how to do?
Plus how can i take my jwellery (gold) easily without any custom clearence and how much i can take?

Any body landed recently , Kindly help me.
Hello,

When and where you are coming from, if you dont mind me asking?

I hope the following link provides answer to all your question:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

Best

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)

Processing times got updated this week:

Islamabad out of the list as it didn't even completed 10 apps last year.

London still 28 months..!!

Delhi went up to 17..!!

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015

Dear friends and members,

Well as many of you may know that election time is approaching. I sincerely hope the tyrant Mr. Harper is out of power.
Since they have been in power, there has been too many failures for a man that campaigned on accountability and transparency which is really ironic.
Their environmental policy has been a failure.
Their foreign policy has been a failure.
Their immigration policy has been much worst since the Liberals lost power.
Citizenship: Increase residency requirements from 3 out of 4 years to 4 out of 6 years.
No longer count time spent in Canada as a non-permanent residents (such as student or worker) towards the residency requirements for a citizenship application.
The Mike Duffy scandal.
No respect for taxpayers money - over 1 Billion CAD dollars spent on G8 summit, some of which were funneled into their political ridings (i.e. Tony Clement)
Political interference with Supreme Court of Canada.
There is much more but I am concerned the canadavisa.com server may crash with data overload ;)

Anything but the Conservatives...
You can identify which political party has the best chance of defeating the conservatives in your riding by looking at the past election results from this link:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/About/Parliament/FederalRidingsHistory/hfer.asp?Language=E&Search=R

Select which province you are from in the first dropdown and you will see the listing of ridings in your province.
I located my riding in Oshawa, Ontario and noticed that for the past 4 elections, the Conservative won the riding but NDP had placed in second in those elections.
Hence, voting for NDP would be more effective than voting for Liberal in my riding.

And those that can vote I encourage you to exercise your right to vote (even if you want to vote Conservative).

visa1info1

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015

Alhamdulilah got my remedical done today. They said they will send the reports on monday. Mercy 24 by looking at my timeline can u tell me approximately when shud i expect my decision made and passport request. Jazak Allah khair. May ALLAH SWT bless us all. Ameen.

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Mercy24 said:

Well as many of you may know that election time is approaching. I sincerely hope the tyrant Mr. Harper is out of power.
Since they have been in power, there has been too many failures for a man that campaigned on accountability and transparency which is really ironic.
The Mike Duffy scandal.
No respect for taxpayers money - over 1 Billion CAD dollars spent on G8 summit, some of which were funneled into their political ridings (i.e. Tony Clement)
There is much more but I am concerned the canadavisa.com server may crash with data overload ;)

You can identify which political party has the best chance of defeating the conservatives in your riding by looking at the past election results from this link:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/About/Parliament/FederalRidingsHistory/hfer.asp?Language=E&Search=R

Select which province you are from in the first dropbox and you will see the listing of ridings in your province.
I located my riding in Oshawa, Ontario and noticed that for the past 4 elections, the Conservative won the riding but NDP had placed in second in those elections.
Hence, voting for NDP would be more effective than voting for Liberal in my riding.

And those that can vote I encourage you to exercise your right to vote (even if you want to vote Conservative).
Canada didn't have And still doesn't have ANY foreign policy. From our foreign policy it seems like we are confideration with America or perhaps 52nd state:)
Rest im sure everybody is aware that when it comes to immigration policy, it's a total failure. But conservatives were never pro immigrants. Liberals had always a softer mind set(perhaps conservatives forget their own roots to begin with :) )
I just hope Justin T can be actually a leader otherwise it's hard to even find a leader at this point in Canadian federal politics.

LonelyCan

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
April 2015
File Transfer...
Sept 2014
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
July 2014 upfront then reme june 2015

visa1info1 said:
Alhamdulilah got my remedical done today. They said they will send the reports on monday. Mercy 24 by looking at my timeline can u tell me approximately when shud i expect my decision made and passport request. Jazak Allah khair. May ALLAH SWT bless us all. Ameen.
Very difficult to give answer but I guess it can takes up to 6 months.

maria9988

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-18-2014
AOR Received.
Feb-15-2015
Med's Request
Sept 3, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 15, 2015 Decision Made: Oct 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Oct 19, 2015, but receivecd Nov 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 3, 2015
LANDED..........
Soon InShaAllah

Well said, I'll have to vote liberal in my riding where they have come second in the last 3 elections but after Trudeau's suppost of Bill c-51 and C-24 where they just made us second-class citizens, it's really hard for me to like them right now. It would be amazing to see NDP in power this time around.

Mercy24 said:

The Mike Duffy scandal.

.parl.gc.ca/About/Parliament/FederalRidingsHistory/hfer.asp?Language=E&Search=R

Select which province you are from in the first dropbox and you will see the listing of ridings in your province.

hk2015

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
ReMed Request: 30-10-2015
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016

Salman Warraich said:
Application Status Changed to In Process
Congrats!

hk2015

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016

MMMEEESSS said:
Hi

I will be landing in canada in frst week of October .
I am confused about lagguage declaration ?? What it is and how to do?
Plus how can i take my jwellery (gold) easily without any custom clearence and how much i can take?

Any body landed recently , Kindly help me.
Usually, when your plane is about 1 hour from landing to Toronto, plane staff will give you a Custom Declaration form. Please have a pen handy. You will need it. On that form, you will fill out your information, address where you will be staying etc. On the same form, there is declaration of goods. You don't declare "luggage", you declare what you have in the "luggage". They have items listed on the form, if you see anything in the list which you are bringing, then put a check mark. For the gold jewellery, you are coming first time, there is no custom charges. But, if you have any furniture or jewellery which is stuck in Pakistan and you like to bring it later, then make sure you have pictures of those things. You should let the custom officer know that you have couple of things which will be delivered (cargo, if furniture) / come later.

Please don't try to bring flowers, plants (raat ki rani, chanbali etc). Plants are not allowed. Mangoes are allowed, but this is not the time for Mangoes. People bring weird things. And please do not put any lotion, perfume, toothpaste which is more than 100ml in your hand-carry/hand-bag. Usually people don't know that, when ladies purses are checked later, custom officer take those things out and through it in the garbage. Mostly by that time your other luggage is already checked in and there is no way you can put those in your luggage.

Don't be scared. Insha'Allah everything will be good. Just keep your documents handy. Keep at least two pens. You will need it.

Enjoy your trip and Welcome to Canada! (Insha'Allah)

hk2015

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016

Mercy24 said:

Citizenship: Increase residency requirements from 3 out of 4 years to 4 out of 6 years.
No longer count time spent in Canada as a non-permanent residents (such as student or worker) towards the residency requirements for a citizenship application.
The Mike Duffy scandal.

Select which province you are from in the first dropdown and you will see the listing of ridings in your province.

Thank you Mercy24. good post. I always say that if you can vote, but choose not to vote, then you have no right to complain. We, Pakistanis, are very lazy when it comes to vote. We don't have our representatives in parliaments.

Liberals are good but this time with Justin T, they don't have good policies. If you see NDP, they are better.

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015

sadia01 said:
Alhamdullillah my husbands file is in process today!!! Couldnt be happier. Inshallah i hope everything goes well for all of us and we get some good news soon. This is a good sign right??
Congrats! certainly it is a good sign

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015

farahtalha said:
Sent the Passport via VFS for stamping.

Senior members,
I didn't received my original documents yet? What do i do?
Send Case Specific Enquiry to LVO