+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Hi Everone,

I hope you are doing well and staying safe.

I am planning to sponsor my spouse for Canadian PR (I am already a PR in Canada) and had a couple of questions.

1. I have an Urdu version of the Nikkah and then an English one as well (both original), they have the Govt. of Pakistan stamp on it and the Marriage certificate says, it can be verified online on Nadra's website as well.
I want to know which of these documents should be attested? Should a copy be attested? do I need to translate this document? Any leads on where to get this done in Lahore?

2. Also, we both have NICOP where everything is in English other than our names (which are in both English and Urdu), the exact NICOP copy should work and doesn't need to be translated correctly?

Thanks in advance.
From Pakistani applicants they need urdu nikkah nama stamped from registrar and then translated from a certified translated AND along with this also they need NADRA issued marriage certificate. IF any one of the above is not presented they will return file as an incomplete file

Reactions: riz7862 and chaudri

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
From Pakistani applicants they need urdu nikkah nama stamped from the registrar and then translated from a certified translated AND along with this also they need NADRA issued marriage certificate. IF any one of the above is not presented they will return file as an incomplete file
If I already have an official English Nikkah Nama, why can't I use that? Why do I need to use a translated copy of the 'Urdu' nikkah nama?

Has anyone here used the English version of the Nikkah nama?

samsung_me

Jan 24, 2020
If I already have an official English Nikkah Nama, why can't I use that? Why do I need to use a translated copy of the 'Urdu' nikkah nama?

Because they ask for it, so just get your nikah nama translated in Canada from a certified translator. I used English one, I was asked for urdu version too with translation, lol they are imbecile like that, just do what you gotta do.

Regards.

Reactions: riz7862

riz7862

Feb 21, 2020

I submitted application with only English nikkah nama in July 2019 then after 2 months they returned it, they want original Urdu nikkah nama’s English translation copy with notary public’s stamp

Reactions: chaudri

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019

Answer is yes, a close friend of mine used English version she is jan 2020 submission she just got an ADR to resubmit translated nikkah nama again in english. So to avoid delays better to submit certified translated copy

riz7862

Feb 21, 2020
Answer is yes, a close friend of mine used English version she is jan 2020 submission she just got an ADR to resubmit translated nikkah nama again in english. So to avoid delays better to submit certified translated copy
Now may be they send adr but last year they used to return the whole application back to applicants then next 2 months always delay the process

alizz

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Now may be they send adr but last year they used to return the whole application back to applicants then next 2 months always delay the process
Return of complete file package is only possible before the acknowledgment of application of submission ( first step). After submission acknowledgment confirmation only ADR comes. That can be submitted through webform service or Uploading additional docs through portal