+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

usohail15

Jan 8, 2020
Hello,

I got married in Lahore this December. Now I need to sponsor my spouse. I have some important questions regarding the application and process.

- Do I need to wait two years before I apply?
- In the application it asks for photos from different days and I have only taken photos on the nikha day and one day after that, is that enough?
- Should I hire an immigration lawyer to speed up the process?
- How much immigration lawyers usually charge for spouse sponsorship?
- How important is proof of visits? Would it be better for the application if I apply for visitor visa for my spouse? Will it help or worsen the application process?
- Do I need to send money to my spouse as proof of financial support?
- Any other important information I need to know that's not mentioned in the checklist and basic/complete guide?

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Genghiskhan123

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I’m march applicant.. and in my gckey says that we need additional documents.. I think they will ask for police report and schedule A..
I made the gckey recently and I don’t know how to upload documents..
Should I scan the signed documents and make it pdf then upload? Or something else..?
U think they want those ?? Did u receive any sorts of email from them ?

shh

Apr 1, 2019
Hello,

I got married in Lahore this December. Now I need to sponsor my spouse. I have some important questions regarding the application and process.

- Do I need to wait two years before I apply?
- In the application it asks for photos from different days and I have only taken photos on the nikha day and one day after that, is that enough?
- Should I hire an immigration lawyer to speed up the process?
- How much immigration lawyers usually charge for spouse sponsorship?
- How important is proof of visits? Would it be better for the application if I apply for visitor visa for my spouse? Will it help or worsen the application process?
- Do I need to send money to my spouse as proof of financial support?
- Any other important information I need to know that's not mentioned in the checklist and basic/complete guide?

Thank you for your help.
-you do not need to wait. You can apply right away.
-you need pics from all events such as mehndi, rukhsati and walima and also some after wedding pics.
-immigration lawyers can be expensive, you can call a few to get their rate, but I don't think applying through them speeds up the case.
-proof of visit can be submitted for extra proof or sometimes they could ask for it. I think some ppl do apply for visit visa as well, not sure how that effects your spousal sponsorship
-you need to give proof of financial support. its in the checklist.
-i find the basic guide and the full guide very helpful. They have mentioned everything you need. Just read it carefully.
Good luck!

Reactions: usohail15 and deck

shh

Apr 1, 2019
How do you find out when your eligibility is approved? Does the status change on GCKEY under eligibility? Or do they send a letter saying its approved?

ahp92

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Why don't you call IRCC and ask them about it and you do have a option to consult your MP also he/she can write to Ottawa about your file's update
I already used both options but no luck. They just tell me that ur application is within the 1 yr processing time and we are doing all that we can. The 1 yr timeline ends on Jan 25th, but at the pace they are going, I don't think it will be done.

SahilAasi

Nov 27, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
08-05-2019
File Transfer...
29-03-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
U think they want those ?? Did u receive any sorts of email from them ?
No I haven’t received any email from them.
Just gckey Saying: we need additional documents to process your application, we will send You a letter or email with details.
I just guess the ADR will be police report and schedule A.
My question was about uploading documents that need to be sign by applicant, should I scan the hard documents and convert it to pdf and then upload?
They are not receiving documents by mail anymore after making gckey

SahilAasi

Nov 27, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
08-05-2019
File Transfer...
29-03-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
They will send you pre-arrival letter once you passed the eligibility
How do you find out when your eligibility is approved? Does the status change on GCKEY under eligibility? Or do they send a letter saying its approved?

Reactions: shh

AliHasan4cu

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Nice to here you brother.i want some information if you hv any idea.my wife is a canadian citizen. She submitted my file to sidney Visa office in July through a lawyer. In October i hv done my bio metric. And i did passed my medical on 9 November 2019.today they did transferred my file to London visa office. Can you tell me that what they are going to do with my file in london and how will it take too long
London Visa Office is a place where officer will be assigned to your file and he'll check your file wether you are eligible to get the spousal sponsorship or not Since your file has been transferred already you can expect a decision in next few months good luck

AliHasan4cu

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
No I haven’t received any email from them.
Just gckey Saying: we need additional documents to process your application, we will send You a letter or email with details.
I just guess the ADR will be police report and schedule A.
My question was about uploading documents that need to be sign by applicant, should I scan the hard documents and convert it to pdf and then upload?
They are not receiving documents by mail anymore after making gckey
I personally suggest you not to send anything until they ask you to send them let's wait few days and you will get to know the requirements good luck

AliHasan4cu

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
I already used both options but no luck. They just tell me that ur application is within the 1 yr processing time and we are doing all that we can. The 1 yr timeline ends on Jan 25th, but at the pace they are going, I don't think it will be done.
Let's be positive as January Applicants are in the top row nowadays I hope you'll hear back from them good luck

TIL

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Visa Office......
London, UK
Got file transfer today. Exactly 2 months from medical passed!

Alhamdulillah