1rst Med January 2018
Prearrival received in August 2018 and background check started
2nd med april 4 2019
passport request april 17 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: mishalk

stillak

Aug 15, 2018
Hi, Im at March 2018 applicant, today I was requested to resubmit schedule A and IMM5562. Below is the message I got:

"Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form
(IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Please provide an updated Schedule A which
includes all of your employment, education, address and other personal history from the
age of 18 to the present, with no gaps. You should disregard the portion of the form
which states that only the past 10 years are required. Please note that failure to provide
a full history may result in delays in processing your application. Please note that failure
to provide a full history may result in the refusal of your application. This must be
received at this office by: 2019/05/13

IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels This must be received at this office
by: 2019/05/13"

Questions
For Schedule A, my wife does not have any education past the age of 18? do I leave that section blank including the boxes for elementary school, etc?

For IMM5562, do I need to include 1 night layovers in the trips? Also, i live right by USA border and have driven over many times without any recollection, I have requested records from CBSA but that could take over 30 days.

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Hi, Im at March 2018 applicant, today I was requested to resubmit schedule A and IMM5562. Below is the message I got:

"Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form
(IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Please provide an updated Schedule A which
includes all of your employment, education, address and other personal history from the
age of 18 to the present, with no gaps. You should disregard the portion of the form
which states that only the past 10 years are required. Please note that failure to provide
a full history may result in delays in processing your application. Please note that failure
to provide a full history may result in the refusal of your application. This must be
received at this office by: 2019/05/13

IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels This must be received at this office
by: 2019/05/13"

Questions
For Schedule A, my wife does not have any education past the age of 18? do I leave that section blank including the boxes for elementary school, etc?

For IMM5562, do I need to include 1 night layovers in the trips? Also, i live right by USA border and have driven over many times without any recollection, I have requested records from CBSA but that could take over 30 days.
I got the same request few days ago.

For employment, it's not by age. The form says you have to provide the detail of all the secondary and post secondary education. Secondary is grade 9 to 12, and post secondary would be any college/university. So provide detail of any education your wife has from grade 9 to onward.

On the travel form, you only have to provide detail of your wife (Principal Applicant) in section a. You are already in Canada so it does not apply to you. Put N/A in the Spouse section. Same for children unless you guys have children who are coming with her.

Last edited:

stillak

Aug 15, 2018
I got the same request few days ago.

For employment, it's not by age. The form says you have to provide the detail of all the secondary and post secondary education. Secondary is grade 9 to 12, and post secondary would be any college/university. So provide detail of any education your wife has from grade 9 to onward.

On the travel form, you only have to provide detail of your wife (Principal Applicant) in section a. You are already in Canada so it does not apply to you. Put N/A in the Spouse section. Same for children unless you guys have children who are coming with her.
Thank you for advise regarding employment. Your right as it does not say anything about age and states "Give full details of all the secondary and post secondary education (including university, college and apprecticeship training) you have had." - Reason I was asking was because this differs from instructions provided by immigration officer. So I'm still a bit confused.

For travel history, i have found at least 4 other threads within these forums which state that even if sponsor is a Canadian citizen living in Canada, they should provide travel history. This is all very confusing.

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Thank you for advise regarding employment. Your right as it does not say anything about age and states "Give full details of all the secondary and post secondary education (including university, college and apprecticeship training) you have had." - Reason I was asking was because this differs from instructions provided by immigration officer. So I'm still a bit confused.

For travel history, i have found at least 4 other threads within these forums which state that even if sponsor is a Canadian citizen living in Canada, they should provide travel history. This is all very confusing.
The officer made a general comment about 18 years and onward which applies more to other things (address, personal history). For education it's secondary and post secondary. Dont worry too much about Education History section. Personal History (from 18 years to now) is more important and that will include education as well.

Regarding the other question, here is the official guide;

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Here is what it says;

Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
You (the principal applicant) and any of your family members 18 years of age or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) must fill out, print, and sign this form.

Last edited:
Reactions: arbab.amjad85

fahad10

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Alhumdulilah done with the process finally after 21 months of wait

Application received: 18 July 2017
Aor1 : September 2017
First medical,Schedule A and PCC request: September 2017
Processing of Application started on: October 2017
Additional Documents Requests: july 2018
Pre arrival received: 19 september 2018
Background check started: 1 october 2018 - According to MP update
2nd Medical request: March 20, 2019 (Medical done on 26 Mar, 2019)
Medical passed: 30 March, 2019
Decision made in Ecas: 2nd April, 2019
PPR: 15th April, 2019
COPR: 19TH April, 2019

Pak0403

May 31, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11/10/2017
Doc's Request.
5/12/2017
AOR Received.
5/12/2017
File Transfer...
20/04/2018
Med's Request
7/04/2018
Med's Done....
11/04/2018

Congratulations brothers

Reactions: fahad10

Mirolomi

Jul 7, 2018

Congratulations
I am also July 2017 applicant
I got pre arrival on 15 feb 2019
Waiting for dm / ppr
I also did my second medical in July 2018

Reactions: fahad10

Mirolomi

Jul 7, 2018

Congratulations
I am also July 2017 applicant
I received pre arrival on 15 feb 2019
I also did my second medical On July 2018
Waiting for DM / PPR

xannax

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
PLEASE UPDATE TIMELINE.... INTERVIEW JAN 23....... PRE ARRIVAL FEB 7th....... ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS RETURNED ON APRIL 16th [NIKKAH NAMA, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, BIRTH CERTIFICATE]

xannax

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
I HAVE RECEIVED MY Nikah Nama, Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate from London immigration VIA MAIL..... my husband is a Nov 2017 applicant.... no PPR yet and no med request.... does anyone know what this knows?

Please let me know asapppp

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
There is no set number, but usually around 10 year and over would trigger a little deeper look into it.
I believe its pure luck since we have a age difference of 11 years and we had no walima....no mutual bank account...no bills with same address...yet they didn't asked for interview...maybe I am pure lucky in this regard...

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
I believe its pure luck since we have a age difference of 11 years and we had no walima....no mutual bank account...no bills with same address...yet they didn't asked for interview...maybe I am pure lucky in this regard...
Add me to that ''lucky list'. I'm 2nd marriage, same age gap as you, no walima, only stayed 4 days after the marriage, no mutual accounts or same address etc. Got pre-arrival last week without interview. Feb 2018 applicant. I did visit her for 2 weeks few months ago.

I had ordered GCMS notes which I just recieved few days ago and the officer had noted all these things, however he said based on the proof provided he is satisfied the marriage is genuine. He mentioned we both look good together :) and we both have same university level education.

Last edited:

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Guys I need urgent help with something....the letter for passport request says this "
A) To submit your package to Islamabad:
Applicants residing in Pakistan or Afghanistan should submit the documents listed to our office
in Islamabad (not to our London office). Please see the VFS Visa Application Centre (Pakistan)
website for details on how to transmit your passports to the Canadian High Commission:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Pakistan/." Now my question is can we submit passport to Lahore VAC as I heard from somewhere you can submit passport anywhere in Pakistan...anybody knows anything? Really appreciate your help with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mirolomi