+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Sorry. I am not sure what PFL is..
I arranged all documents and pictures required and just started my process on Dec 4th through a lawyer. Still waitin for AOR and arranging PCC now.
PFL is procedural fairness letter. It is them giving us a last chance before rejecting our application. All the best with your process.

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Hello everyone, sorry for the long hiatus from the group. We got a PFL on Dec 22. Since then life has been dark gloomy and well hopeless. Don't worry I will share the details of the PFL here and how we are tackling it.

The officer thinks our marriage is not genuine because it's a love marriage and that is culturally unusual (Yup you read it right!).
They also asked for:
1) (yet again) Urdu NN
2) Photo of rukhsati
3) More wedding photos showing more guests etc
4) Communication proof since wedding
5) statement of when we decided to get married and when we informed our families.

So now we are:
1) Getting an urdu NN made, will attach a letter from registrar that English is legal but because CIC is insisting we are getting an Urdu one made again.
2) We don't have a picture of me sitting inside the decorated car, or being walked out by my family for various reasons. However we do have lots of pictures of all the other more fun stuff from the wedding, like dance performances, photo booth, on stage with lots of people etc. We are explaining (with evidence) why pictures were not taken at the time of our exit, giving a rukhsati certificate, showing pictures of us inside the hotel room where we stayed for 3 nights after wedding, photos of me inside his house with his family, and then my visit in spring of this year flight detail, visa and stamps on passport, receipts of shopping etc we did, lots of photos we took with family and friends during my trip. CIC needs to update its checklist either internally or online to ensure couples pay close attention to these details. Anyone else have the same issue and how they got out of it would really appreciate your help in this regard specifically.
3) Lots of pics in total maybe 250 for 3 events
4) communication proof since marriage and we have given proof of communication from 2008 - wedding date as well.
5) statement with proof of when we told our mothers, when they talked, when we decided to get married etc.
6) we have included as supporting evidence:
a) receipts of gifts we sent each other on birthdays and at random
b) money we transferred on birthdays and Eid
c) letters from family members explaining our circumstances at wedding, missing rukhsati photo, vouching that our rukhsati has indeed taken place etc
d) My name on my husbands work health insurance, his name on my CRA profile
e) facebook posts of friends and family wishing us anniversary, us writing on each others wall, wishing birthdays, comments and likes of friends on our wedding pictures etc
f) communication between his family and myself, and my family and him. We are in each others family groups screen shots of that, screenshots of his conversations with my family or my chats with his siblings etc
g) other messages of friends on whatsapp where we are talking about my spouse, or he is talking about me with other people etc

We have also hired a lawyer in Canada who will argue that not everyone follows the same traditions, and if the marriage is legal and genuine then rejecting based on not following traditions is a form of discrimination. We have prepared a 550 page long document which the lawyer is going to review in the next few days until our Urdu NN is done. Wish us luck and any suggestions regarding the lack of photo at the time of rukhsati will be greatly appreciated.

We are hoping for a positive response, but that is all we can do.

Thanks.
They Sent you PFL bcoz your marriage is Love Marriage? How they find out about it? if both sides family attended the marriage? Love Marriage is not a Genuine Marriage? Where does it say in Immigration Laws? That is Hilarious.. Insane....i m really scared now believe me.. my head Shaking:eek::eek:o_Oo_O:(

Last edited:

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
Hi, just now I received email saying file is being Transferred to London Visa Office
Sep 22nd App received.
File transfer Jan 2nd 2018, no 2nd line yet.

When can I expect it after transfer ?
you can expect a veryyyyy long wait , minimum 3 months, and may stretch to 6 months as you ar 2017 applicant

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
They Sent you PFL bcoz your marriage is Love Marriage? How they find out about it? if both sides family attended the marriage? Love Marriage is not a Genuine Marriage? Where does it say in Immigration Laws? That is Hilarious.. Insane....i m really scared now believe me.. my head Shaking:eek::eek:o_Oo_O:(
well they ask in forms how you met your spouse, we told them everything with the utmost honesty. All our family members and relatives attended our wedding, my family flew from Toronto, so there is no reason for them to doubt the genuineness especially after all the evidence we submit now. So fingers crossed.

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
well they ask in forms how you met your spouse, we told them everything with the utmost honesty. All our family members and relatives attended our wedding, my family flew from Toronto, so there is no reason for them to doubt the genuineness especially after all the evidence we submit now. So fingers crossed.

CIC sometime just send a letter for explanation , the motive is to understand what they have in mind is perceived correctly or not, Love or Arrange marriages are not an issue any more, Sorry to say but now a days i am hearing even same gender marraiges in Pakistan . If you family members were there then they cannot refuse your application in any base. They also know that their decision can be challenge in court.

You provide your Communication, Pictures, Other evidences which you mentioned above and they will not refuse your application even if they want they cannot. They have to follow a criteria . Even the marriage is fake but the application fulfill the criteria of genuinity they have to approve it.

so dont get stress and send your evidences with explanation, and relax

Reactions: Waqur and Kinza_Bee

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
CIC sometime just send a letter for explanation , the motive is to understand what they have in mind is perceived correctly or not, Love or Arrange marriages are not an issue any more, Sorry to say but now a days i am hearing even same gender marraiges in Pakistan . If you family members were there then they cannot refuse your application in any base. They also know that their decision can be challenge in court.

You provide your Communication, Pictures, Other evidences which you mentioned above and they will not refuse your application even if they want they cannot. They have to follow a criteria . Even the marriage is fake but the application fulfill the criteria of genuinity they have to approve it.

so dont get stress and send your evidences with explanation, and relax
I know, don't know what world these people live in! Anyway we are giving all the evidence we have in good faith and hoping they will understand our relationship better that way. They really need to update their requirements of MAXIMUM 20 pictures and MAXIMUM 10 pages of communication proof. It's simply not enough. Then they complain you didn't give enough proof or pictures! We sent 20+ pages of communication and 72 photos to be exact! Oh CIC!

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
I know, don't know what world these people live in! Anyway we are giving all the evidence we have in good faith and hoping they will understand our relationship better that way. They really need to update their requirements of MAXIMUM 20 pictures and MAXIMUM 10 pages of communication proof. It's simply not enough. Then they complain you didn't give enough proof or pictures! We sent 20+ pages of communication and 72 photos to be exact! Oh CIC!
you did good job, now wait, they cannot refuse when they have such level of evidences. They just want to keep themselves on safe side.
with all new documents they will feel easy to decide.
If they were refusing your application, they would have done long ago, when they sent you a explanation letter this mean they just want a bit of push to concrete their decision of approval.
you done it and thats what is the right way.

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
we need to remember that Visa Officer has final say in the Matter of PR or any other visa application but this doesnt mean he is a God Father and no one to answer. Any bad decision which later on challenged in court etc and won by applicant is a negative dash on his profile. there are certain limit after which the visa officer has to move away.
thats why no visa officer want to stain his career or profile, he just want to be on safe side and want to have more than enough evidence before he approve the application.

Reactions: Waqur and Kinza_Bee

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
you did good job, now wait, they cannot refuse when they have such level of evidences. They just want to keep themselves on safe side.
with all new documents they will feel easy to decide.
If they were refusing your application, they would have done long ago, when they sent you a explanation letter this mean they just want a bit of push to concrete their decision of approval.
you done it and thats what is the right way.
Technically, before refusing, they have to give the applicant a fair chance to provide evidence of genuineness. But yes let's see hoping the lawyers will make a good case for us with the evidence we have provided. Good luck to you in your application as well.

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
we need to remember that Visa Officer has final say in the Matter of PR or any other visa application but this doesnt mean he is a God Father and no one to answer. Any bad decision which later on challenged in court etc and won by applicant is a negative dash on his profile. there are certain limit after which the visa officer has to move away.
thats why no visa officer want to stain his career or profile, he just want to be on safe side and want to have more than enough evidence before he approve the application.
his refusal decision can be challenged in court but we need to keep in mind after months of months waiting if someone get refusal then going through the challenge process how it is going to impact both husband and wife relationship, all their dreams of meeting and joining / uniting will be shattered bcoz of one person decision. Love marriage is not a crime and visa officer shouldn't be concerned if any family members attending the marriage or not? If either Sponsor or PA's family not attending the wedding due to love marriage or any personal issues means that marriage is not ligitimate? and Visa officer start giving hard time to applicants and may be ended up refusing the application.. this is something discouraging all Canadian PR OR citizen to STOP Marrying outside Canada and find a life partner in Canada.!!:eek::eek:o_Oo_O

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
his refusal decision can be challenged in court but we need to keep in mind after months of months waiting if someone get refusal then going through the challenge process how it is going to impact both husband and wife relationship, all their dreams of meeting and joining / uniting will be shattered bcoz of one person decision. Love marriage is not a crime and visa officer shouldn't be concerned if any family members attending the marriage or not? If either Sponsor or PA's family not attending the wedding due to love marriage or any personal issues means that marriage is not ligitimate? and Visa officer start giving hard time to applicants and may be ended up refusing the application.. this is something discouraging all Canadian PR OR citizen to STOP Marrying outside Canada and find a life partner in Canada.!!:eek::eek:o_Oo_O
yes this is true, staying away from partner for long actually damage relationship badly, with all these troubles people definitely would prefer to marry inside canada rather than going through such headache.
same was the case in UK, before the spouse sponsorship was taking only 6 months, now they didnt change the time of processing but they change the requirement for eligibility of sponsor and applicant, introduced English test , Income limit for sponsor and tax, and many other things, now Pakistanis are prefering to marry inside UK among each other or inter racial.

It is actually sometime a visa officer of a strict mind come and hold office, there are many things that hurt an applicant. This much wait can only be survived by those couple who live together after marriage or visit continuously each other. otherwise it is going to hurt thier relationship

cookie_raider01

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Can anyone help please?

After realizing its going to take 6+ months for the whole process I've decided to visit my wife in Pakistan during the process. Is that a good idea?

Should I not visit? Someone told me it will take longer if u visit as they put your file on a back hold. But people always say things. Can anyone give me accurate info?

I plan to inform LVO abt my visit once I'm done.

App Received Dec 4th, 2017 (waitin for AOR)
Please add in spreadsheet.

Thank you.

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
Can anyone help please?

After realizing its going to take 6+ months for the whole process I've decided to visit my wife in Pakistan during the process. Is that a good idea?

Should I not visit? Someone told me it will take longer if u visit as they put your file on a back hold. But people always say things. Can anyone give me accurate info?

Thank you.
Wait till Sponsor Approval or atleast when your file move to LVO, Then you will be having plenty time to wait, you can go and visit your family,
but dont stay for long, Sponsor staying out of Canada for long is also not good.
I am sorry to say but during your stay you have to make sure you take pictures and keep evidence of every move you make. this process makes a man performing like performing on theater, Every move must be according to what they want.
so keep pictures, receipts, selfies, Exit/Entry stamps, boarding passes, family times every bit of info that can show that the marriage is true and relationship is alive.

You can read the previous posts in this thread and you can understand the miseries people gone through while their applications are or were in process.

fatima.rizwan

Jul 19, 2017
Can anyone help please?

Thank you.
As long as you’re a citizen it doesn’t matter if you stay there with your spouse. Since you’re gonna come back after a short while so you’re all good to go. I know plenty of cases where the sponsor stays with the PA for the entire processing time