Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
It did! I applied in Oct of last year. I was starting to think my GC Key was broken. As per my last set of notes my eligibility said review required, so I'm very confused... Can they start BGC while still reviewing eligibility? I know a fellow October applicant got called for an interview after BGC started so I don't want to think anymore lol This process is playing with my sanity...
i believe they review the eligibility first then start BGC bcoz if we are eligible for Canadian Immigration then BGC make sense? :) but some time they might not update the notes and keep doing what they suppose to do :)

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hello everyone,

I'd like to start with a quick thank you note to all the regular and old users who volunteer their precious time to address peoples concerns and provide answers.

I'd like someone's opinion on my personal situation involving my spousal sponsorship application. I'm a Canadian citizen, located in QC, and I applied in January, 2017.
Application received: Jan 18, 2017
Processing started: Feb 06, 2017

I'm being represented by an attorney and all communication is channeled through him which means I cannot link the application to get up to date notes with details. I can only check the application status using the online tool. Medical was done beforehand and so far I haven't heard back from them since I've received the CSQ back in April, 2017. Medical certificate is supposed to expire in 4 days and I'm getting anxious. There's been no updates whatsoever.
We were a Nikah only case (back in November 2015) as I wanted to come back to Canada - get a job and get myself into a stable position prior to rukhsati. I did all of that - went back in March, 2017 and rukhsati was completed. Everything was fully documented.

I'm very much thinking about sending an e-mail about all of this and I wish to inquire about the hold up on our file. As a young couple - we've only been able to spend like 3 months together in total since our marriage and being a person with limited mobility - I've faced a lot of struggles all by myself cause she could not be here.

How should I go about this? I'd love anyone's input into this. Sorry about the long message. I know there's a lot of details here.
Thank you in advance!
After doing a rukhsati, did u provide the proofs to the London Visa Office. Since a lot of April applicants have gotten PPrs its high time to inquire the status of your applcation directly from LVO.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Reactions: mmoin

Pakbella

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
1-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2016
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront 23-Nov-2016
Got a response from LVO today regarding my status inquiry. Application is in queue to be reviewed by the immigration officer. I can picture my application laying on a shelf at the office, covered in thick layers of dust.
Hey I got the exact same response today that ur file is with a visa officer to be reviewed.. I'm December applicant.
I see ur background check went in process today.. did u happen to get in touch with ur MP or order notes recently? Did ur Gckey also updated? Thx.

l992

Apr 21, 2016
After doing a rukhsati, did u provide the proofs to the London Visa Office. Since a lot of April applicants have gotten PPrs its high time to inquire the status of your applcation directly from LVO.
Well the thing is - I was never asked for any additional documents except at one occasion in the initial review of eligibility for sponsoring and that request was just for better copies of passport size photos and wife's travel history - I complied and sent everything.

I didn't send anything voluntarily given the fact that it's not an advised move. And yes, a lot of people who applied after me have had their files handled almost in complete.

I obviously kept the marriage videos along with a lot of photos, our guest list, my travel boarding cards for the trips - all of it.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Reactions: maq_33

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Well the thing is - I was never asked for any additional documents except at one occasion in the initial review of eligibility for sponsoring and that request was just for better copies of passport size photos and wife's travel history - I complied and sent everything.

I didn't send anything voluntarily given the fact that it's not an advised move. And yes, a lot of people who applied after me have had their files handled almost in complete.

I obviously kept the marriage videos along with a lot of photos, our guest list, my travel boarding cards for the trips - all of it.
Well the thing here is that lawyers and consultants dont advise sending voluntary docs however a lot of us have sent vol. docs during our application and it has worked in our favour...most of the applicants have received straight passport requests (without any additonal document requests) which saves time and stress.

Im not sure if your lawyer told u but Nikkah only cases are not straight forward cases. LVO knows that a marriage in Pakistan is incomplete until Rukhsati has taken place therefore they usually do not approve such applications until they are fully satisfied that these relationships are genuine. Nikkah only applicants are usually sent additonal document requests asking for proof of Rukhsati and a few Nikkah only applicants have also been put in Interview queue as well.

I think now is the time to really get hands on and find out what's going on with your application instead of waiting.

Reactions: avatarkyoshi

l992

Apr 21, 2016
Well the thing here is that lawyers and consultants dont advise sending voluntary docs however a lot of us have sent vol. docs during our application and it has worked in our favour...most of the applicants have received straight passport requests (without any additonal document requests) which saves time and stress.

Im not sure if your lawyer told u but Nikkah only cases are not straight forward cases. LVO knows that a marriage in Pakistan is incomplete until Rukhsati has taken place therefore they usually do not approve such applications until they are fully satisfied that these relationships are genuine. Nikkah only applicants are usually sent additonal document requests asking for proof of Rukhsati and a few Nikkah only applicants have also been put in Interview queue as well.

I think now is the time to really get hands on and find out what's going on with your application instead of waiting.
Well, first of all - thank you for taking the time for that reply. I do appreciate your insight.
How would you suggest I go about doing this?

Should I send e-mail at first with an offer to submit vol. documentation and proofs or should I outright send it all with a letter?
I totally agree with you that it's time for me to take some steps. I just want to make sure I take them with the right approach.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Well, first of all - thank you for taking the time for that reply. I do appreciate your insight.
How would you suggest I go about doing this?

Should I send e-mail at first with an offer to submit vol. documentation and proofs or should I outright send it all with a letter?
I totally agree with you that it's time for me to take some steps. I just want to make sure I take them with the right approach.
So i suggest to to do 2 things:

1) Call the MPs office of your area n book an appointment with them. Ask them to inquire into your application from LVO on your behalf. Mps can be very helpful n immigration always replies to requests from Mps office. You should ask for status update (eligibility, background checks) and any specific questions that you want them to ask from lvo. They will ask for application details n make u sign a consent form n get back to u in 7 to 10 days.

2) Prepare proof of rukhsati, more pictures of the both of u and updated communication proof and send it to lvo along with a cover letter explaining rukhsati n ur visit 2 ur spouse.

Reactions: khancanada

mmoin

Jul 22, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
12-Oct-2016
AOR Received.
24-Oct-2016
File Transfer...
26-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-Jun-2016
Passport Req..
07-Nov-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2017
Hey I got the exact same response today that ur file is with a visa officer to be reviewed.. I'm December applicant.
I see ur background check went in process today.. did u happen to get in touch with ur MP or order notes recently? Did ur Gckey also updated? Thx.
Hey, no we didn’t reach out to the MP yet nor did we order another set of notes. My GC key did update though which is how I found out BGC started. Hope you hear something positive really soon!

Reactions: Pakbella

Pakbella

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
1-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2016
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront 23-Nov-2016
Hey, no we didn’t reach out to the MP yet nor did we order another set of notes. My GC key did update though which is how I found out BGC started. Hope you hear something positive really soon!
Thanks. Wish u the same! This process really hits another level of life ka test. :)

mmoin

Jul 22, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
12-Oct-2016
AOR Received.
24-Oct-2016
File Transfer...
26-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-Jun-2016
Passport Req..
07-Nov-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2017
Thanks. Wish u the same! This process really hits another level of life ka test. :)
I hear you!! Hopefully the torment ends soon for all those who have been driven crazy by the agonizing wait; Ameen.