Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

I have a couple of questions..

1 Do I, as an applicant, have to Land in the same city as written on my COPR or I can land, first time, anywhere in Canada?

2 Can there b a possibility that COR expiry date is 2 months more, from the date of medical expiry..why is it so in my case then?
In this case, is it safe to land before a week of COPR expiry OR should I land before my medical expires?

thanks and all da best!!

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad

canvis2006 said:
Applicants should not wait till last stage to pay the RPRF, pay it as soon as possible, best is to do it once when applying.
A very very small chunk of people have issue with funds so they dont pay upfront, others just dont pay thinking "abhi se de kar kia faida, jab maange ge tou de dain ge" in short for shits and giggles.

ahmadbilal_85

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015, May 2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
July 2014
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
15 June
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
30 June
VISA ISSUED...
30 June
LANDED..........
1 year time to land :)

Hi, anyone got an extension on medical? i have received an email requesting for details of my travel history in order to decide either to extend validity or request for re-medical. Also i have been asked for new police certificate and updated form A.

applicant06

Nov 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April. 2013
AOR Received.
June. 2014
File Transfer...
June. 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 2015
Med's Done....
Mar.2015
Interview........
None

ahmadbilal_85 said:
Hi, anyone got an extension on medical? i have received an email requesting for details of my travel history in order to decide either to extend validity or request for re-medical. Also i have been asked for new police certificate and updated form A.
I received the same email in early February, a month before the medical expiry date (in March). They did not extend my medical though. LVO sent the remedical request 3 weeks later (still before the expiry date). From what Ive seen, the majority of the cases that received this email were not granted an extension. Not sure why they ask then.
Also, they did not request additional information (eg. police certificate or form A) to date.
Good luck.

sj0786

Apr 22, 2015

Dear all Aslamu alaikum

My wife sponsor me .
Wife Status: Canadian Citizen

My detail and timeline

Medical upfront: 1 April 2014
File apply: 6 May 2014
AOR & LVO : 31 July 4014

CSQ request: 05 Feb 2015
CSQ approved and sent 06 March 2015

Received an Email from LVO CSQ and my file updated.
My wife in Pakistan last 9 months, and also Pregnant 5 months
Now she move back Canada for delivery and now one in Canada
For take care mean no relative Can I apply for short term visa (visit)
at the time of delivery.(spousal case already applied and in process)
If possible then what documents require from Canada and from Pakistan.

Doctor said delivery in OCT first week.

Kindly advice me.
Regard,
SJ

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)

sallams all,

So my case is not moving at all,

I applied for my wife in June 2014 and got approval in Aug 12 2014.

Ordered notes in November 2014 nothing was touched in my application at that time.

Sent her pregnancy information and trip information voluntarily to them in March 2015

Did a case specific inquiry to which got a worthless reply with nothing to even write about in it.

Her medical expired on April 25th 2015.
my wife is 6 months pregnant due in September 2015 INSHA ALLAH, application status in not changing and haven't even received a single correspondence from them yet which is so frustrating.

What do you guys suggest now, should I goto my MP and give him all the details and ask him to get me a status. or should I order notes . :( life is getting very tough now and specially you are not with your significant other in the time of pregnancy really tears you apart. May ALLAH bless all of us.

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad

sulemanmirza said:
sallams all,
Ordered notes in November 2014 nothing was touched in my application at that time.
Sent her pregnancy information and trip information voluntarily to them in March 2015
Did a case specific inquiry to which got a worthless reply with nothing to even write about in it.
my wife is 6 months pregnant due in September 2015 INSHA ALLAH, application status in not changing and haven't even received a single correspondence from them yet which is so frustrating.
What do you guys suggest now, should I goto my MP and give him all the details and ask him to get me a status. or should I order notes . :( life is getting very tough now and specially you are not with your significant other in the time of pregnancy really tears you apart. May ALLAH bless all of us.
Walaikum Assalam,
MP will take 5 days time and respond with same " your file is in review queue and he can't do anything since its within your visa office's timeline". Having said that its been 10 months since your approval, were you expecting this process to complete in 6 months ?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

shy_guy said:
I have a couple of questions..

1 Do I, as an applicant, have to Land in the same city as written on my COPR or I can land, first time, anywhere in Canada?

2 Can there b a possibility that COR expiry date is 2 months more, from the date of medical expiry..why is it so in my case then?
In this case, is it safe to land before a week of COPR expiry OR should I land before my medical expires?

thanks and all da best!!
Well, under the spousal sponsorship, CIC would by default, indicate destination as the place where your sponsoring spouse is residing. Example, if your wife lives in Toronto and she sponsored you, Toronto would be indicated as the 'destination' in the COPR.
Depending on your flight routing, you will land at the first Canadian city where your plane arrives, and then a domestic connection (if applicable).

If your spouse lives in Toronto and you try to give a Calgary address for PR Card delivery, red flags will go off....CIC will inquire why you're landing and going at a different place/address......Most international flights to Canada arrive in major cities so it should not be an issue for you coming from overseas. As long as you land and indicate your spouse's Cdn address for pr card, it is a non-issue and no need to worry.
Yes with a Canadian visa you can land/touchdown at any airport in Canada and will be processed by Canadian immigration as per your visa category.

If you got little time before visa/COPR expiry, I would not cut it too close. Why? Because a lot of things can go wrong unexpectedly, such as, flight cancellations, connection missed or delayed, strike at airports or airlines, volcanic ash/dust on routes, weather issues, flight moved or dates changed by airline.......in that case if ur visa expires, and you didn't land, you will have to be sponsored again to Canada (start all over again).

Don't concern with medical date and all, if you received the visa and COPR already, the expiry date indicated on visa/COPR is what you should look at and be concerned about, not the date of medical.......Arrive in Canada before visa expiry

shafimussa

May 12, 2015
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18 2015
Doc's Request.
October 30 2015
AOR Received.
September 26 2015
File Transfer...
October 20 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront JUNE-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM Dec 23 2016. PPR Jan 20 2016
VISA ISSUED...
VISA+COPR February 12 2016
LANDED..........
February 16 2016 :)

AOA EVERYONE
I got married in April 2015 and I am Canadian citizen. I got every doucment ready like her Passpoet copy, Cnic, Nikah Nama copy and copy from Nadra english, medical, police report, her degrees from Pakistan, wedding pics, etc... My question is I was in Pakistan for only 21 day there was no time for honeymoon will it impact application? Also CIC wants proof of communication between spouse like skype, phone records my questions is can I give them after I send the application or should wait to sometime in order to get all the data? I would also appreciate any other tips :)

Thanks in advance

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........

shafimussa said:
AOA EVERYONE
I got married in April 2015 and I am Canadian citizen. I got every doucment ready like her Passpoet copy, Cnic, Nikah Nama copy and copy from Nadra english, medical, police report, her degrees from Pakistan, wedding pics, etc... My question is I was in Pakistan for only 21 day there was no time for honeymoon will it impact application? Also CIC wants proof of communication between spouse like skype, phone records my questions is can I give them after I send the application or should wait to sometime in order to get all the data? I would also appreciate any other tips :)

Thanks in advance
CIC have set their rules and they want a "Complete application". Which means to include all possible evidences and documents required before sending the application. Gather all the data and then apply.

For honeymoon you have to include a cover letter stating the reason of not planning a honeymoon and also some evidences how you spent your 21 days with your wife, (like dinner, shopping receipts, parties(dawat with relatives) pictures, excursions pictures like seaside etc etc ). If you have a good amount of evidences I mentioned above honeymoon would not be a problem. :)

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........

fizz1234 said:
Walaikum Assalam,
MP will take 5 days time and respond with same " your file is in review queue and he can't do anything since its within your visa office's timeline". Having said that its been 10 months since your approval, were you expecting this process to complete in 6 months ?
I am thinking about MP option is because the case have got complicated due to pregnancy. I am not expecting it to complete in 6 months although I am expecting some kind of correspondence from them within 10 months and if you see the current trend in the spreadsheet, you will notice that my expectation is pretty valid.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

sulemanmirza said:
sallams all,

No harm in trying via MP to inquire status of the case, though it may be a little longer before your turn comes up.
Is the case in London or Islamabad ?

So let your wife have the baby, no sense of her coming here now unless you're in Alberta or another province where heathcare is covered from Day 1. Are you aware of the 90-day wait period in many provinces for health coverage of newcomers ? You do realize that even if ur wife gets visa today and you live in a province like ON she won't be covered until after 90days post-landing? So chill and relax now and plan for delivery in Pakistan. No private company will cover pregnancy and here there are HUGE bills for non-covered patients in hospitals....

After the delivery, notify visa office about the birth and copies of related docs. If you're a naturalized citizen, the child may be Canadian despite born abroad. In that case you can apply for their (proof of citizenship) and limited validity passport. This is in addition to the baby's Pakistani documents ofcourse. I guess until that time your file should move up the order for processing....

In due time your turn will come up. It's kind of good your wife can have her relatives help her

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........

canvis2006 said:
No harm in trying via MP to inquire status of the case, though it may be a little longer before your turn comes up.
Is the case in London or Islamabad ?

So let your wife have the baby, no sense of her coming here now unless you're in Alberta or another province where heathcare is covered from Day 1. Are you aware of the 90-day wait period in many provinces for health coverage of newcomers ? You do realize that even if ur wife gets visa today and you live in a province like ON she won't be covered until after 90days post-landing? So chill and relax now and plan for delivery in Pakistan. No private company will cover pregnancy and here there are HUGE bills for non-covered patients in hospitals....

After the delivery, notify visa office about the birth and copies of related docs. If you're a naturalized citizen, the child may be Canadian despite born abroad. In that case you can apply for their (proof of citizenship) and limited validity passport. This is in addition to the baby's Pakistani documents ofcourse. I guess until that time your file should move up the order for processing....

In due time your turn will come up. It's kind of good your wife can have her relatives help her
Thanks bro/sis for your detailed reply , my case is in London, I am a PR and an Albertan and aware of the healthcare coverage, although money is not the issue I can sign my life out for my wife & baby :). The think frustrating me is most of the people got a remedical request when their medical is about to expire, which haven't happened in my case. And I never heard from them at all after AOR.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

sulemanmirza said:
Thanks bro/sis for your detailed reply , my case is in London, I am a PR and an Albertan and aware of the healthcare coverage, although money is not the issue I can sign my life out for my wife & baby :). The think frustrating me is most of the people got a remedical request when their medical is about to expire, which haven't happened in my case. And I never heard from them at all after AOR.
Bro I haven't received any remed request either. My medical expired on 14 april and my file was transferred on 30 July. We are in the same boat.

sh52

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-APRIL-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....