App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
I asked my MP to find out which document they need and why my status is the same since June and they asked the officer who said that MyCIC hasn't been updated since hence the same message. No document is required. :eek:
WTF is going on here!!?? :mad:
Told ya... its technical glitch.. same is the case with mine account

mynameisali

Star Member
May 3, 2017
i apply in november 2016 for my wife///// BGC was not start yet i call on inqury num koi bata sakta ha BGC kab tak start ho ga aur kitna time lage ga :(:(:(:(:(:(

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
i apply in november 2016 for my wife///// BGC was not start yet i call on inqury num koi bata sakta ha BGC kab tak start ho ga aur kitna time lage ga :(:(:(:(:(:(
There is no number to call London Visa office. You can inquire the status of your application via email or webform. Also you can order GCMS notes to see if your file has been reviewed and any comments from visa officer.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
So I got this generic response from LVO a week after my query:

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email. Please be advised that your application is currently with an officer awaiting review, if any additional information is required we will be in contact.

Kind regards,
REO"

Not sure if there is a big difference between "with an officer awaiting review" compared to the "awaiting initial review by an officer" response that I've seen many people on this forum receive.

What I would like to know now is, when should I order notes? I'm visiting my husband in less than a month inShaAllah, and we were planning to go on a short trip (late honeymoon, I guess) in mid-October...so I was going to send proof of visit+honeymoon docs in October. Should I order notes before sending the voluntary docs (to see if there's anything else I should submit or if there are any specific comments)? Or should I order them after sending the docs, to see if they were received?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email. Please be advised that your application is currently with an officer awaiting review, if any additional information is required we will be in contact.

Kind regards,
REO"

Not sure if there is a big difference between "with an officer awaiting review" compared to the "awaiting initial review by an officer" response that I've seen many people on this forum receive.

What I would like to know now is, when should I order notes? I'm visiting my husband in less than a month inShaAllah, and we were planning to go on a short trip (late honeymoon, I guess) in mid-October...so I was going to send proof of visit+honeymoon docs in October. Should I order notes before sending the voluntary docs (to see if there's anything else I should submit or if there are any specific comments)? Or should I order them after sending the docs, to see if they were received?
You can do both. Notes take 30 days to come to better order them now.

Reactions: ahsenshah

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017

"Dear Applicant,

Kind regards,
REO"

what was the nature of your query? Just an update on your file or something more specific?

zsafdar

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
I am September 2016 applicant, Last month heard from london embassy they required after marriage picture and communication Proof. it's been a more then month now. just wondering how long do i have to wait for there final response or the next step.
Please Let me know

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
I am September 2016 applicant, Last month heard from london embassy they required after marriage picture and communication Proof. it's been a more then month now. just wondering how long do i have to wait for there final response or the next step.
Please Let me know
No one can answer that question precisely. It all depends. If its been a month, you can order GCMS notes, they usually take about 30+ days to arrive. And/Or you could request your MP to get an update on your file. I would recommend doing both. All the best :)

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Please Let me know
From what I've heard they usually look at requested documents after the due date.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
If i change jobs .. do i have to let lvo know abt this?

MS-2016

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
is it normal to have BG in process and my interview is in September? Don't they start background checks after eligibility?

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Can someone help me decode my GCMS notes? I have the following questions:

1) Where do I find out if my husband is to be interviewed?
2) Nothing on our file has been started - last update was June 09. Is this normal, should I be concerned that nothing has been done in 2.5 months?
3) on the 2nd page its says Paper file office: London, #: xxx, Location: PA - Put Away. what does this mean?
4) Eligibility not started. Due date is 2018-05-05. Basically everything other than medical has the same expiry date.
5) Anything else I should be looking for?

Last edited:

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014
Can someone help me decode my GCMS notes? I have the following questions:

1) Where do I find out if my husband is to be interviewed?
2) Nothing on our file has been started - last update was June 09. This is when I got an email that our file was sent to London. Is this normal, should I be concerned that nothing has been done in 2.5 months?
3) on the 2nd page its says Paper file office: London, #: xxx, Location: PA - Put Away. what does this mean?
4) Eligibility not started. Due date is 2018-05-05. Basically everything other than medical has the same expiry date.
5) Anything else I should be looking for?
I have the same status in my GCM notes, mine is put away as well. I applied in Dec 2016 and still waiting for initial review by an officer (as per their email). No there is no indication for an interview based on your information but you never know they can always add an interview whenever they think they are not satisfied. But for now no Interview for you.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee