SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
What is the reason for them still having your file in Mississauga? Is the PA not in Pakistan?
The PA is in Pakistan. My account linked very late and the Schedule A request was delayed, too. I was caught up in things and didn't realize until recently how long it was taking. PA just re-submitted Schedule A and re-med this month, although the upfront med (submitted when CIC was still accepting them) didn't expire until October (that is, if medicals are good for one year). The re-med request had different exams though. I think hubby just had some blood work and maybe an x-ray.

Does that even count as a re-med?

Either way, I ordered GCMS notes. I'm hoping the file will go to LVO now and that LVO won't request further docs, so maybe they'll be done their processing in a month or two. Dunno if that's unrealistic but the file was received in January so they can't take too long now anyway.

Salman shad

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Salam
Today My Ecas status showing DECISION MADE on permanent residence status But applicant sponsorship status showing in process
What does it mean? It's done or still need to wait

Reactions: MM345

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
The PA is in Pakistan. My account linked very late and the Schedule A request was delayed, too. I was caught up in things and didn't realize until recently how long it was taking. PA just re-submitted Schedule A and re-med this month, although the upfront med (submitted when CIC was still accepting them) didn't expire until October (that is, if medicals are good for one year). The re-med request had different exams though. I think hubby just had some blood work and maybe an x-ray.

Does that even count as a re-med?

Either way, I ordered GCMS notes. I'm hoping the file will go to LVO now and that LVO won't request further docs, so maybe they'll be done their processing in a month or two. Dunno if that's unrealistic but the file was received in January so they can't take too long now anyway.
Yea I think that's the only medical they are accepting now. And while its great to be optimistic do keep in mind that it could be more than a month or two. We were transferred to LVO and processing began on May 31st. So far not a peep from them already almost 2.5 months have gone by. And many similar cases like ours.

Hoping this pain ends for us all soon. :)

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Salam
Today My Ecas status showing DECISION MADE on permanent residence status But applicant sponsorship status showing in process
What does it mean? It's done or still need to wait
Sorry to get you right. ECAS shows Decision made under PR section, but sponsors status shows in progress?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Really? Oh my getting excited :) how long will bgc take? Any idea? Thank you
No set time. varies for each applicant. Few days to few months.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
I am Jan 2017 applicant and there are no updates on my file as well .. ordered gcms notes and security eligibility criminality is not started yet, medical is passed .. how would I know if my file is transferred to London or not and is my file still waiting for initial review ?
read the notes in detail. mentions office is London. check file transfer history as well.

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
It says we started processing your application on 9th Feb 2017.
What i get to know is that this line is usually put by LV0.
Senior members may b help u more
I believe that the "We started processing..." date on the sponsor's side is put by CIC (when the application is first opened and starts processing in Mississauga) and the date on the PA's side is when LVO starts processing it.

Reactions: MM345

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
I believe that the "We started processing..." date on the sponsor's side is put by CIC (when the application is first opened and starts processing in Mississauga) and the date on the PA's side is when LVO starts processing it.
Agree.

Reactions: ahsenshah

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Good for you!
It really sucks to have such stupid flaws even in Canadian system:(. my wife had called service Ontario before we applied and we were told the same rule.
Do u mind sharing why they sent a PFL to you and were u called for interview after you submitted PFL documents??
U are very aware of the rules and reply smartly so i would guess there won't be many problems in your file. I was wondering why you got dragged in all of this shit
Not sure if anyone responded about this but I was sent PFL because they had lost my nikkahnama and BC for my daughter. We responded and ordered the notes which stated that the officer was satisfied that we are genuinely married.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,
Returning to this forum after a long time. I have finally decided to tie the knot. I understand that everyone here are at different stages of the process.

For me to start the process and avoid any delay in future ,It would be great if someone here can help me or point me in right direction.
There are a lot of questions and confusions.

-I understand that for any spousal sponsorship process to start I need to have a Nikkahnama? There is no engagement or anything done as such. We did study together years back and thats pretty much it.

-Moreover assuming that the process takes months n months, Once the application is filed and in progress, is it still possible that the spouse can visit me in Canada on visit visa or something. will it be easy to get visit visas?

-Is it advisable to instead get her in Canada on Study permit or something before any engagement or Nikkah is done?

Is it advisable to use a representative if that helps in saving time?

anyone here in a similar situation? Or please recommend some forum user who could guide me about this all.

Thanks and all the best.

Last edited:

Ahmed786

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
03-05-2017
Hello Everyone,
Returning to this forum after a long time. I have finally decided to tie the knot. I understand that everyone here are at different stages of the process.

For me to start the process and avoid any delay in future ,It would be great if someone here can help me or point me in right direction.
There are a lot of questions and confusions.

-I understand that for any spousal sponsorship process to start I need to have a Nikkahnama? There is no engagement or anything done as such. We did study together years back and thats pretty much it.

-Moreover assuming that the process takes months n months, Once the application is filed and in progress, is it still possible that the spouse can visit me in Canada on visit visa or something. will it be easy to get visit visas?

-Is it advisable to instead get her in Canada on Study permit or something before any engagement or Nikkah is done?

Is it advisable to use a representative if that helps in saving time?

anyone here in a similar situation? Or please recommend some forum user who could guide me about this all.

Thanks and all the best.
Salam,

First of all congratulations on big decision. Now about your questions, I have started my wife sponsorship process last year Sep, 2016.
I am writing this reply, because I have recently gone through this process (and still going), and want you to be aware and avoid any pitfalls in the entire process.

First and foremost, Please do not apply for spouse sponsorship, without doing Rukhsati and Valima (and possibly honeymoon). I applied my wife sponsorship based on our Nikah, and I am literally suffering from that decision. So once again, please go to Pakistan, get fully married, attach all the evidence of your Rukhsati, Valima and honeymoon, and then apply for sponsorship. CIC looks at Nikah only cases with suspicions. Many in this forum can validate this ... @khan1001 , @CONFUSED SPOUSE , myself.

My lawyer recommended me not to apply for visit visa before or after filling sponsorship case. They don't give visit visa to young people, so if you apply before filing your sponsorship case, she will have already a rejection on her file.

You can always get her on study permit, but if you plan to do so, it would be advisable to do it before Nikah/marriage. But I would recommend you to consult with good and trusted lawyer about this point. I have not done it for myself, so I am not too sure about it.

It is always good to use a good and trusted lawyer to represent your case, not only to save time, but to avoid any possible issues due to the technicality of application process. The important point is that lawyer should be good and trustworthy.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: maniacworld