26/01/2017
Med's Request
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-03-2017
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
Hello All,
I had an update on my cic couple of days back, when i clicked i noticed the change that the background has started processing. However, I also had another update today, but when i clicked the update there is no message and nothing has changed. Any one has experienced this in the past?
This is pretty normal. Whenever CIC updates your file you will get an email stating that there is an update on your application. If they have requested anything off you, you will get an email stating that there is a new message in your MyCIC account. So if you get this email it means they have sent you a request letter. Otherwise it would simply be a change in status of one of the processes CIC goes through or just some update on the back end.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
thank you for your reply.
i have tried many times to link her application but not unable to link it with her cic account. can i link her application my account?
please advise
thanks
Just to add to what Osama said. the # of applicants (last question) should be 2. We kept putting in 1 and it wouldn't show us our application. Good luck!

hsp402

Dec 27, 2012
This is pretty normal. Whenever CIC updates your file you will get an email stating that there is an update on your application. If they have requested anything off you, you will get an email stating that there is a new message in your MyCIC account. So if you get this email it means they have sent you a request letter. Otherwise it would simply be a change in status of one of the processes CIC goes through or just some update on the back end.
Thanks Osama, Usually, they updates for temporary resident visas, very frequently, without any change in cic account. For PR they only update when they want to ask you something or when they have moved your file to any of the steps listed, as you stated. Any one have noticed any update after background checks in process and change in status or any document they request?

Pakistan_89

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Only the PA's name and DOB is to be written on the back of the photos (along with info about the photo like a caption and who is in the photo)

I ended up writing both my wife who is PA and mine out of curiosity in order to be more clear. It wont backfire . Yes/No/Yes/no state.

Would appreciate the reply.

Pakistan_89

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Is it just me or this waiting game is a total pain in the rear? I mean I'm just an April 2017 applicant but I check ECAS and mycic a few times everyday! was anyone else that paranoid? and what did they do to relax themselves a bit?

Even though I have not submitted since got married in March in Pak, came back to Mississauga and will be submitting in few weeks but yes it is very hectic. With work/Canadian Lifestyle/ explanations on paper work, it is very annoying and on top waiting to be reunited your spouse. And since we sponsors take more responsibility so it feels like this

Yaar aik to kam bhi kerrahe haen aur jiske lea wo door door nazar mein nahe lol, feels like an alien at times. I guess it is very normal, I have started losing patience too and now they came with a new checklist and it is annoyinnnnnnnnnng.

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,

So Its say on my online application that "Decision made"

Any clue how long it takes to get email about asking for Passport stamp ?

Thanks

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Anyone else here waiting for PPR after "Decision Made" on or before 8th June???
Hi,

I got my DM on 15 june. Still waiting for any letter or email.

Want to make sure the next step is to wait for their email to post the passport for Stamp? correct

Any idea how long it takes >?

Any idea how long it takes for passport stamp?

Thanks

Malik1983

Aug 22, 2015
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-10-2016
File Transfer...
03-11-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-04-2018
Hi,

I got my DM on 15 june. Still waiting for any letter or email.

Want to make sure the next step is to wait for their email to post the passport for Stamp? correct

Any idea how long it takes >?

Any idea how long it takes for passport stamp?

Thanks
When did u apply?

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other

dranzer19

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
09-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
07-09-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Congrats to all people getting DM/PPR...... Hopefully LVO keeps up the pace and gets to 2017 applicants soon :D:D:D

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
Regarding PCC, do you need to get it from your city of residence or birth? What is the procedure of getting it? Thanks.
Scroll down to find out how to get one http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
And as per the CIC website:

When we ask you for police certificates at this stage, you’ll have to submit them for:
  • the country where you currently live, if you’ve lived there for six months or more; and
  • the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
The same applies to your family members who need to submit police certificates. If you (or your family members) can’t get a police certificate for the two situations above, you must explain in writing why you can’t provide one. You should also include any supporting documents you already have to support your explanation.

Note: Some countries need a consent form from IRCC to issue police certificates. Find out if the country you need a police certificate from requires a consent form. If so, you should submit the consent form to us in place of the police certificate.

If the original certificate is not in English or French, you must submit the police certificate and the original copy of the translation from a certified translator.

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
Is it just me or this waiting game is a total pain in the rear? I mean I'm just an April 2017 applicant but I check ECAS and mycic a few times everyday! was anyone else that paranoid? and what did they do to relax themselves a bit?
It is a total pain in the rear, but don't check it a few times a day lol. I'm a Feb applicant and I used to do that too, especially when it first got submitted. But eventually you'll learn that they don't even update it that often/that quickly so it's kind of pointless :rolleyes: once a day is enough! I check it more like 2-3 times a week now.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee