+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Mah3r

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hi
Can anyone confirm like if your online status said decision made its mean u clear the security and background checks? Or it is still pending
And also what's the average time to get ppr after decision made?

arsalan1724

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
So I decided to voluntarily pay the RPRF fee. What should I do?? Should I just email it to LVO and mail it to CPC Mississauga?

My spouse is 2nd Sept 2016 applicant.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
AmyR, correct me if I am wrong but isn't it like you can bring more than 10k but you need to declare on the form they give you?

I remember i brought more than 10k when I first arrived but I had to declare at customs.

Also for Gold, I have heard that you need to make a list of all items that you are bringing while going through customs.
U r right, though im not sure if any thing exceeding that is allowed at paki airports. I heard someone say that. But yea they cud b wrong :) better to check at pakistani end too to avoid truble :)

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Hi Folks,

I have question about form IMM 5532 part C question 7.

"Do your close friends, family and children knows about your relationship?"

It is required to write "date they met sponsor or principal applicant"

I am confused which date is required to write here for example our parents and family members know us since birth so we have to write that date????
Since ur families knew each other since birth u can write the birth date along with an explaination ( attach a printed sheer with question number nd form numbet nd sponsor name nd applicant name) of how u r related.. :) i think this shud sufice. Also additionally attach facebook relationship status change nd photos of u with ur spouse at wedding as additional proof that ur relarionship is known by everybody nd open to family nd friends kn social media. :)
Hi Folks,

I have question about form IMM 5532 part C question 7.

"Do your close friends, family and children knows about your relationship?"

It is required to write "date they met sponsor or principal applicant"

I am confused which date is required to write here for example our parents and family members know us since birth so we have to write that date????

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Hi
Can anyone confirm like if your online status said decision made its mean u clear the security and background checks? Or it is still pending
And also what's the average time to get ppr after decision made?
Decision made means u r done with bg checks nd case is closed. Expect a ppr in within a month at max. Usually it takes around a week or less. :)

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Finally after close to 8 months of silence from LVO, I received re-medical request message today in MYCIC!... ECAS still shows "In Process" though.
Yay! Happy for u! Finally looks like they bothered to open ur file. :) In most cases i think remed is an indicator of eligibility passing ( though not in all). I have a very gud feeling that ul get a ppr in a month a max :) hang in there. U r nearing the end :)

Reactions: Shazzz

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Send the reciept to london visa office via email.
A group member was asked to pay rprf a week back nd he was instructed in the email to send a reciept to london visa office.
Cpc mississauga's work ends after sponsor approval. They shift our entire cases to london visa office. That is where the action is at, in my opinion. All the best :)

So I decided to voluntarily pay the RPRF fee. What should I do?? Should I just email it to LVO and mail it to CPC Mississauga?

msalmany

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Salam all, just a quick question about gold jewelry. When leaving pakistan to come to canada my wife intends on bringing all her gold jewelry which may be worth upto 20lakh. I'm wondering if she will be allowed to take this with her through lahore airport? I know they harass passengers regarding foreign currency and PKR, whats the stance on gold jewelry? If they do not allow export over a certain amount then how can we possibly bring her jewelry to canada?

arsalan1724

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Salam all, just a quick question about gold jewelry. When leaving pakistan to come to canada my wife intends on bringing all her gold jewelry which may be worth upto 20lakh. I'm wondering if she will be allowed to take this with her through lahore airport? I know they harass passengers regarding foreign currency and PKR, whats the stance on gold jewelry? If they do not allow export over a certain amount then how can we possibly bring her jewelry to canada?
Hey.. so at the airport ins't that bad make sure she carries it along with her in her hand bag not in suite case. Once at the port of entry make sure she declares it since, migrants are bringing their valuable as they're leaving one country and moving to another, so they're allowed to bring their gold items, chances are CBSA they will search the bags and be sure to answer questions tell your spouse to pack her bags by herself she should know where her luggage is cuz they will ask her if packed her bag by herself. Be sure to declare. Currency: only $10,000 CAD.

bluewater007

Oct 21, 2016
Congratulations!

Yes, the address s correct. I do not not know if there is a photo facility at the Lahore VFS, so please take photos before you get there.
Yes, once you submit your stuff with fees (Rs. 1500) they will give u receipt with tracking number. The 1500 fees include sms service, you will also receive sms notifications and you can track at the VFS website as well. (Trust me the tracking is useless. I have been waiting since 14 days and no movement yet, my passport is sitting in a store room i guess :( )

You or any close relative can go to pick passport,but do submit it yourself.

Also, please provide your information so we can add you to our 2016 spreadsheet:

Application received in Mississauga date:
Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:
Sponsoring husband or wife:
Sponsor Approval Date
Upfront medical date:
Re-medical request date:
Re-medical performed date:
Additional document request date:
Additonal documents that are requested:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N):
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location of Principal Applicant (city): Lahore
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: PR
Sponsoring husband or wife: WIFE
Sponsor Approval Date : SEP 2016
Upfront medical date: JULY 2016
Re-medical request date: MARCH 2017
Re-medical performed date: MAY 2017
Additional document request date: YES
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Y
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date: 31 MAY

Thanks for the detailed answer MM345. In the letter of PPR it is mentioned that it might take uptill 4 weeks so inshallah hopefully you will get your passport back very soon . I send an email to VFS Lahore confirming about the Photographs facility . One more question . I need to put a copy of PPR letter , my passport alongwith two pics in a package . Whats the address i need to mention on the packackge ? I know this package will go to Canadian High Commission Islamabad but i dont know its address which i need to put on envelop.Please tell me the address . Thanks.

Shazzz

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ENGLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
AOR Received.
23-Jul-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 23-Aug-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-Jun-2016
Yay! Happy for u! Finally looks like they bothered to open ur file. :) In most cases i think remed is an indicator of eligibility passing ( though not in all). I have a very gud feeling that ul get a ppr in a month a max :) hang in there. U r nearing the end :)
InshaAllah! I'm hoping for the same :)

Reactions: AmyR

msalmany

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hey.. so at the airport ins't that bad make sure she carries it along with her in her hand bag not in suite case. Once at the port of entry make sure she declares it since, migrants are bringing their valuable as they're leaving one country and moving to another, so they're allowed to bring their gold items, chances are CBSA they will search the bags and be sure to answer questions tell your spouse to pack her bags by herself she should know where her luggage is cuz they will ask her if packed her bag by herself. Be sure to declare. Currency: only $10,000 CAD.
So no issues taking large amount of jewelry out of pakistan? I thought there were limits on how much can be taken out similar to the US$5000 cash limit.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

Pay it, and email the receipt to lvo with your wife's application details. The rprf might be holding your process, get it out the way asap.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location of Principal Applicant (city): Lahore
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: PR
Sponsoring husband or wife: WIFE
Sponsor Approval Date : SEP 2016
Upfront medical date: JULY 2016
Re-medical request date: MARCH 2017
Re-medical performed date: MAY 2017
Additional document request date: YES
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Y
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date: 31 MAY

Thanks for the detailed answer MM345. In the letter of PPR it is mentioned that it might take uptill 4 weeks so inshallah hopefully you will get your passport back very soon . I send an email to VFS Lahore confirming about the Photographs facility . One more question . I need to put a copy of PPR letter , my passport alongwith two pics in a package . Whats the address i need to mention on the packackge ? I know this package will go to Canadian High Commission Islamabad but i dont know its address which i need to put on envelop.Please tell me the address . Thanks.
Hi, can you please provide exact dates including the date your application was received at CPC-M.

The person at the VFS counter took out my stuff from the envelope as they need to see your pasport and pictures letter.
Dont seal it and no need of writing anything, vfs will drop it to the embassy themselves

Last edited: