App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
wmate did u check with the pakistani institution u worked for? have they received any request for clearance from IRCC? I have a very strong feeling the hold up is from pakistan end and not the canadian one.
I cannot trace where they at cuz my organization never recieved anything from cic...

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016 In Process.......: 22-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16-12-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2016 - Remedial: 09-11-2017
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
Guys, just had my MP confirm that we have satisfied the officer at our interview and he has no doubts about our marriage Alhamdullilah!!! The officer even noted down in the notes that we were the best dressed couple of the day - OH YEA!!

We have also passed the security. The background has started and will take few months.

Alhamdullilah ya rabbi x infinity! I just need to get through this BGC quickly.

PS: I never got the email but the status was updated for BGC.
That's great! Happy for you. You waited so long! Hope you went out of BGC at earliest. Prayers xx

Reactions: Landing_PR

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014
Guys, just had my MP confirm that we have satisfied the officer at our interview and he has no doubts about our marriage Alhamdullilah!!! The officer even noted down in the notes that we were the best dressed couple of the day - OH YEA!!

We have also passed the security. The background has started and will take few months.

Alhamdullilah ya rabbi x infinity! I just need to get through this BGC quickly.

PS: I never got the email but the status was updated for BGC.
Happy for you!!!

Reactions: Landing_PR

Pakistan_89

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Salam everyone,

I just got into a confusion. My wife's last name is same as her father name and we did not want to change until she comes to Canada. Nikah Nama has her father name and every other document.

She is going to make SMART CNIC, so she does not have to convert the URDU one into English and attest . Should she still write her last name as her dad's and also in status column, will she write MARRIED or SINGLE ? I think best would be to leave things as it is , like last name and status as SINGLE, because my wife mentioned who is from Karachi and I am from Peshawar, and our nikah was done in Peshawar. for cnic, she will have to travel to Peshawar to change status.

Can she still write SINGLE and it wont be an issue ?

Help would be appreciated.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
I cannot trace where they at cuz my organization never recieved anything from cic...
Thats very wierd. :/
Is there any way that MP can get u a more detailed update? On where u r stuck?
I think wait till aug and then God forbid if u dnt hear back by then,hammer the MP to help u out in more detail.

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
@MM345 I just found out in spreadsheet summary of admins u wrote your DM year incorrect. It says 18-May-2016. Rectify the error.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
I wud suggest ur wife keeps her old name but changes her status to married on the CNIC..unless u do that, her name will not appear with u in Nadra database which in my opinion might create problems for u.. there must b a reason why IRCC asks for CNIC copies.. they must do something with it. That is my personal opinion. Lets see wat others say :)

Salam everyone,

I just got into a confusion. My wife's last name is same as her father name and we did not want to change until she comes to Canada. Nikah Nama has her father name and every other document.

She is going to make SMART CNIC, so she does not have to convert the URDU one into English and attest . Should she still write her last name as her dad's and also in status column, will she write MARRIED or SINGLE ? I think best would be to leave things as it is , like last name and status as SINGLE, because my wife mentioned who is from Karachi and I am from Peshawar, and our nikah was done in Peshawar. for cnic, she will have to travel to Peshawar to change status.

Pakistan_89

Star Member
May 23, 2017
I wud suggest ur wife keeps her old name but changes her status to married on the CNIC..unless u do that, her name will not appear with u in Nadra database which in my opinion might create problems for u.. there must b a reason why IRCC asks for CNIC copies.. they must do something with it. That is my personal opinion. Lets see wat others say :)

Makes sense , status wise we felt the same that it should be changed. But I am not sure about the rule that you have to travel to specific city where nikah was done . We can manage that too but just wanna see what others say .

Thanks a lot.

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
Salam everyone,

I myself kept my old name on CNIC and passport both but status must be changed to married. Your CNIC and passport must contain your husband's name as a guardian not father once you are married.

alina87

Apr 17, 2017
Salam everyone,

We faced this confusion last year as well. I had to get my son's nicop but to get his i had to add myself as married in the nadra database. Another reason we did that, was so that our status was married in every database in case CIC checked. I think before one is married there is a column that mentions 'father's name: etc' but after marriage the column changes to 'husband's name: etc'. I think it's actually important you change the status, as it won't raise any questions when your file is being processed.

alina87

Apr 17, 2017
Salam everyone,

As for the name, I agree with AmyR. Don't change the last name unless it has been legally changed everywhere. keep it as it is

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
@MM345 I just found out in spreadsheet summary of admins u wrote your DM year incorrect. It says 18-May-2016. Rectify the error.
Hahah...over excitement ka result :p

Thanks dear, corrected now.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Salam everyone,

get her marital status changed to married. in my case, i got a new cnic made with new name & marital status and my husband got his status updated to married as well. This way we were also able to get our own (my husband and i) FRC made in addition to the FRC's of our respective families.

Last edited:

askhan

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aug 2015
Submitted application for my Wife under the Family Class Sponsorship Category. Request admins to add me to the spread sheet. Here are the details:

Application received in Mississauga date: 24 May 2017
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Peshawar
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Canadian citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Sponsor Approval Date:
Upfront medical date: N/A
Medical Request Date:
Medical performed date:
Additional document request date:
Additonal documents that are requested:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Yes