+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

immigration786

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

just spoke to a representative at the CIC call center. My question for them was if it was ok to leave Canada as a PR while the spousal application is in process? She confirmed that there is no requirement for the sponsor to remain in Canada. The only requirement for sponsor is to make sure there PR residency requirements are being met. I have heard so many different theories on this topic. Can someone please confirm what is accurate. I really need to leave Canada as my in laws are asking me to come back now as they havent met my kids for over a year. Any help and insight will be appreciated.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

immigration786 said:
just spoke to a representative at the CIC call center. My question for them was if it was ok to leave Canada as a PR while the spousal application is in process? She confirmed that there is no requirement for the sponsor to remain in Canada. The only requirement for sponsor is to make sure there PR residency requirements are being met. I have heard so many different theories on this topic. Can someone please confirm what is accurate. I really need to leave Canada as my in laws are asking me to come back now as they havent met my kids for over a year. Any help and insight will be appreciated.
you can go but for few weeks only

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017

immigration786 said:
You can so long as it isn't I believe more than 2-3 months.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013

immigration786 said:
dont believe everything cic agent tells u half of them dont even the basic rules n policies, if u stay over a month i can tell u i can effect ur application if cic finds out

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017

Just visit for 3 weeks... that shud suffice :)
iv seen PRs visiting for 2-3 weeks.. IA it will be ok

immigration786 said:

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

maria_786 said:
dont believe everything cic agent tells u half of them dont even the basic rules n policies, if u stay over a month i can tell u i can effect ur application if cic finds out
No, it doesn't affect the application negatively.
There is absolutely nothing wrong in leaving Canada (as long as it doesn't affect residency obligations as a PR for the sponsor, and its temporary).

Where did u read that it affects negatively? Please share the govt source.

thechampion

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016

maria_786 said:
obviously it has to be before getting the ppr
Noo..because in the spreadsheet it doesnt mention his re-medical, and his old medical expires on April 15 th. I am really confused that he has a month left on his medical and they sent a PPR without re med... just curious..

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017

thechampion said:
Noo..because in the spreadsheet it doesnt mention his re-medical, and his old medical expires on April 15 th. I am really confused that he has a month left on his medical and they sent a PPR without re med... just curious..
They can extend the medical of they choose to.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014

canvis2006 said:
No, it doesn't affect the application negatively.
There is absolutely nothing wrong in leaving Canada (as long as it doesn't affect residency obligations as a PR for the sponsor, and its temporary).

Where did u read that it affects negatively? Please share the govt source.
Hi,

I know one member personally. His application was refused as his wife (PR) left Canada for more than 3 months after applying for him. His application got refused at last stage when they asked for updated information "Where PR lived after filing the application". As per my discussion with him, Her wife got sponsor approval in June 2015 and left Canada in July 2015. She came back in November 2015 but they got refusal in Jan or Feb 2016. They applied again and Got visa in November 2016.
That's what he told me over phone. I think other senior members of this thread are also aware of his case. He was on this thread with "Imran364".

Thanks,

bluewater007

Oct 21, 2016

Aoa Guys

I have a question . I sponsored my wife ( she is pakistan ) in Aug 2016 . I recently moved to another place ( within canada) and i want to change my address.
I did it online on the main page/portal where there is an option available ( change address) but it never got updated . Its been few months . Can any one please tell me which other options are available as there is a web form option but i am confused because on the website , they are saying you need to notify respective visa office ( which is London ) ? Its kind a confusing that whether i should choose web form and with other options like applied with in canada or outside canada ? . Please guide me .

Thanks.

bluewater007

Oct 21, 2016

One more thing I would like to mention that I ordered GCMS notes and in them My new updated address is mentioned but when i login into my account . there my old address is mentioned . Any thoughts or suggestions guys ?

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016

bluewater007 said:
Aoa Guys

I have a question . I sponsored my wife ( she is pakistan ) in Aug 2016 . I recently moved to another place ( within canada) and i want to change my address.
I did it online on the main page/portal where there is an option available ( change address) but it never got updated . Its been few months . Can any one please tell me which other options are available as there is a web form option but i am confused because on the website , they are saying you need to notify respective visa office ( which is London ) ? Its kind a confusing that whether i should choose web form and with other options like applied with in canada or outside canada ? . Please guide me .

Thanks.
bluewater007 said:
One more thing I would like to mention that I ordered GCMS notes and in them My new updated address is mentioned but when i login into my account . there my old address is mentioned . Any thoughts or suggestions guys ?
walaikumusalam,

I think it has been updated. However, You can send an email directly to LVO. Send them the updated address and the date from which its been your new residence. the email address for London visa office is mentioned in my signature below