Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

wazim87 said:
FLX, any update of passport? I submitted last Friday, the Imran Khan halwa is giving me anxiety, that things are going to shut down.
nothing yet. my wife submitted her passport at the VFS in lahore on the same day as you. the only thing their web tracking tells me is that it has been dispatched to islamabad.

don't worry about the imran khan thing. even if they do shut down islamabad, it's probably only going to be for a day or two at the most. regardless, if anything happens to my wife's COPR i'm going to fly over there and beat imran khan to death with my stack of gcms notes.

wazim87

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2015
Doc's Request.
upfront - 22/09/15
AOR Received.
28/1/2016
File Transfer...
28/1/2016
Med's Done....
22/10/2015

flx2015 said:
nothing yet. my wife submitted her passport at the VFS in lahore on the same day as you. the only thing their web tracking tells me is that it has been dispatched to islamabad.

don't worry about the imran khan thing. even if they do shut down islamabad, it's probably only going to be for a day or two at the most. regardless, if anything happens to my wife's COPR i'm going to fly over there and beat imran khan to death with my stack of gcms notes.
Haha, I know right. Once she gets her passport and she gets here iA, he can protest all he wants

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

honestly the only risky part is having your passports in transit when the protest happens. i keep having this vision about some guy on a scooter who is actually the official VFS courier carrying all the passports in a box behind his scooter, then he gets overpowered by a crowd of protesters who beat him up and burn his passports.

yeah i have weird visions like that all the time.

let's hope no one is affected by imran khan's protests. pakistani applicants already have to go through hell as it is. really sucks to see people wait 11-12 months or more through no fault of their own.

wazim87

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2015
Doc's Request.
upfront - 22/09/15
AOR Received.
28/1/2016
File Transfer...
28/1/2016
Med's Done....
22/10/2015

hahaha, I seriously have the same doubts. I was telling my wife this too, that I hope it doesnt get lost. She was telling me I over analyze things.

drrajazubair

Jul 31, 2015

Hi,

I am a male, Pakistani resident, currently working in Dubai. I had my nikah done last year in September. It was a proper ceremony in a banquet hall with both our families and close relatives (roughly about 100 people attended). Next day we had photoshoot and dinner with both families. At that time, I was working in Pakistan. My wife and I traveled locally with our families. She returned to Canada after three weeks.

Our immigration application was delayed a bit, as I got a job in Dubai and visa processing started happening there. So we applied this April, stating that rukhsati and walima took place as well. The application was forwarded to London office in July.

This summer (in July), we had our proper wedding - mehndi, baraat and walima. All events were grand however for the purpose of the application, since we had already shown rukhsati to have taken place, we did not update immigration office.

My wife came with me to Dubai and stayed for two months. This was also our honeymoon. She is back in Canada now and we got the good news that she is expecting. We were waiting to update immigration after she receives her blood test and ultrasound reports. In the meantime, I got an email from London office, saying that they are doubtful about our relationship being genuine. They gave three reasons for their concerns:
a) they are not sure if rukhsati has taken place. The photos we took in Pakistan after our nikah were not convincing for them
b) they are questioning the number of people who attended the nikah. They are saying it is Pakistani norm to have big weddings whereas in our photos, only close family were shown
c) they raised a concern that my wife is two years older than me and that is not the norm in Pakistan. So they think this whole marriage was for me to get Canadian immigration.

They have asked for additional info to address their concerns and to re-submit the background form.

I am just perplexed at how they could be calling the marriage in question. My wife and I are not related. There is no benefit to her in calling me to Canada if the relationship were not genuine. We met in her sister's wedding two years ago and talks started via whatsapp and skype. Finally last year, both families decided to do our baat pakki (she was not present at the ceremony as she could not come due to work but her mother visited and we did a small rasm at home). We then had a proper nikah (not just a simple one in a mosque) and in our application, we sent them countless chats, skype call records and emails to show that we talked daily and knew each other well.

Please guide me on a proper response. At this point, I can send them our dubai photos and pregnancy test results. But should I send them photos from our wedding? I am concerned that if we disclose the July wedding, they will think we lied to them in our application that rukhsati and walima had taken place at the time of nikah.
At the same time, I am also angry that they are questioning the age difference. My wife and I met and chose each other. There was no pressure from anyone. And this is certainly not a sham marriage. We liked each other and we did nikah first so that we could apply early and hoped I would get my visa by the time of the wedding so that we wouldn't have to live apart, especially when starting a family.

Please let me know what you think.
Thank you.

best_67

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016

drrajazubair said:
Hi,

I am a male, Pakistani resident, currently working in Dubai. I had my nikah done last year in September. It was a proper ceremony in a banquet hall with both our families and close relatives (roughly about 100 people attended). Next day we had photoshoot and dinner with both families. At that time, I was working in Pakistan. My wife and I traveled locally with our families. She returned to Canada after three weeks.

Our immigration application was delayed a bit, as I got a job in Dubai and visa processing started happening there. So we applied this April, stating that rukhsati and walima took place as well. The application was forwarded to London office in July.

This summer (in July), we had our proper wedding - mehndi, baraat and walima. All events were grand however for the purpose of the application, since we had already shown rukhsati to have taken place, we did not update immigration office.

My wife came with me to Dubai and stayed for two months. This was also our honeymoon. She is back in Canada now and we got the good news that she is expecting. We were waiting to update immigration after she receives her blood test and ultrasound reports. In the meantime, I got an email from London office, saying that they are doubtful about our relationship being genuine. They gave three reasons for their concerns:
a) they are not sure if rukhsati has taken place. The photos we took in Pakistan after our nikah were not convincing for them
b) they are questioning the number of people who attended the nikah. They are saying it is Pakistani norm to have big weddings whereas in our photos, only close family were shown
c) they raised a concern that my wife is two years older than me and that is not the norm in Pakistan. So they think this whole marriage was for me to get Canadian immigration.

They have asked for additional info to address their concerns and to re-submit the background form.

I am just perplexed at how they could be calling the marriage in question. My wife and I are not related. There is no benefit to her in calling me to Canada if the relationship were not genuine. We met in her sister's wedding two years ago and talks started via whatsapp and skype. Finally last year, both families decided to do our baat pakki (she was not present at the ceremony as she could not come due to work but her mother visited and we did a small rasm at home). We then had a proper nikah (not just a simple one in a mosque) and in our application, we sent them countless chats, skype call records and emails to show that we talked daily and knew each other well.

Please guide me on a proper response. At this point, I can send them our dubai photos and pregnancy test results. But should I send them photos from our wedding? I am concerned that if we disclose the July wedding, they will think we lied to them in our application that rukhsati and walima had taken place at the time of nikah.
At the same time, I am also angry that they are questioning the age difference. My wife and I met and chose each other. There was no pressure from anyone. And this is certainly not a sham marriage. We liked each other and we did nikah first so that we could apply early and hoped I would get my visa by the time of the wedding so that we wouldn't have to live apart, especially when starting a family.

Thank you.
hi drrajazubair

I think you should only show them to your wife Dubai's visit and pregnancy test plus your current skype chats, emails and whatsapp.

I am also confuse why they have objection for small guest invitation marriage that is also done in Pakistan. Every person have own rights to invite guests whether its 50 or 5000.

And If some one wife is older than him its not a big issue in Pakistan. Many person are doing that. I don't know why VO has issue.

I am oct 16 applicant. We had also small function only shadi n valima no mehidi or others. we invited only 100 relatives. My wife spend only a week after marriage and then went to canada.

feeling scary for my application.

Senior members Plz help us.

s_design

Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-JANUARY-2016
AOR Received.
24-FEBRUARY-2016
File Transfer...
03-MARCH-2016
Med's Done....
10-OCTOBER-2015
Passport Req..
24-NOVEMBER-2016
VISA ISSUED...
2-DECEMBER-2016

best_67 said:
hi drrajazubair

I think you should only show them to your wife Dubai's visit and pregnancy test plus your current skype chats, emails and whatsapp.

I am also confuse why they have objection for small guest invitation marriage that is also done in Pakistan. Every person have own rights to invite guests whether its 50 or 5000.

And If some one wife is older than him its not a big issue in Pakistan. Many person are doing that. I don't know why VO has issue.

I am oct 16 applicant. We had also small function only shadi n valima no mehidi or others. we invited only 100 relatives. My wife spend only a week after marriage and then went to canada.

feeling scary for my application.

Senior members Plz help us.

This is an advice for anyone who thinks that there might be something that will stand out in their file, something that might be missing or not done properly. Example, one of my friend never sent money to his wife in Pakistan, or sent her only once. This came back as an issue when I saw his notes.

Best way to deal with this is to not wait until immigration office raise a red flag, but to deal with it before and explain the situation. In my friend's case his wife was working in Pakistan and did not need any financial assistance and he had recently closed his business and was looking for work. But he never explained this situation in his file and faced delay and his wife's file was selected for interview.

Always explain in detail and with truth your full situation.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014

Admins,

CIC confirmed that they have received my application.

Thanks..

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

Vigilant said:
Admins,

CIC confirmed that they have received my application.

Thanks..
damn in 4 days :D

topi007

Mar 29, 2016

Hey guys I was in Pakistan recently to visit my wifè how do I send CIC the update with boarding passes and pictures of my visit?
My timeline is
Citizen
Sponsoring wife
Location Rawalpindi
Application for permanent residence on August 29, 2016
Sponsor's approval on sep 23.
started processing your application on October 13, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
sent you correspondence on October 13, 2016(picture request on Oct 13)

hsp402

Dec 27, 2012

drrajazubair said:
Hi,

Thank you.
Hi Zubair. First of all you may go through this time, but my sincere advise never and never do such things with Canadian system.This includes citizenship, immigration, tax, benefits, government health systems of Canada. They are very strict and have recently taken extreme steps. I am aware that many can go through without any issue, but few have also paid very severe consequences.
You should have told them in the beginning that it was nikkah only with next day dinner and photoshoot. I am not doubting your intentions, but as an officer it is a very clear case of misconduct and misinformation.
Now, you have to be very clearful and have to try to cover it up with any thing that you can. I would advice you to forget what has happened few months back, just defend what you already stated.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

hsp402 said:
Hi Zubair. First of all you may go through this time, but my sincere advise never and never do such things with Canadian system.This includes citizenship, immigration, tax, benefits, government health systems of Canada. They are very strict and have recently taken extreme steps. I am aware that many can go through without any issue, but few have also paid very severe consequences.
You should have told them in the beginning that it was nikkah only with next day dinner and photoshoot. I am not doubting your intentions, but as an officer it is a very clear case of misconduct and misinformation.
Now, you have to be very clearful and have to try to cover it up with any thing that you can. I would advice you to forget what has happened few months back, just defend what you already stated.
+1

i would suggest finding a good immigration consultant and telling him your full story. they will be able to offer you better advice on how to respond. at the very least you're looking at an interview request coming your way...

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

drrajazubair said:
Hi,

Thank you.
if you only sent nikah and rukhsati photos and not walima photos at the time of your application than you can send walima photos now and tell them it happened in july there's no harm in that but don't tell them that rukhsati took place in july.

srz2016

Jun 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-May-2016

Walima held after 6 months will be a red flag too. In my opinion, just mention what u already have mentioned in your application, provide the relationship proof like your wife's ticket, chat logs, pictures and your wife's test.

naveedali said:
if you only sent nikah and rukhsati photos and not walima photos at the time of your application than you can send walima photos now and tell them it happened in july there's no harm in that but don't tell them that rukhsati took place in july.