File Transfer...
27-09-2016 Sponsor Approval letter received via email
Med's Done....
Upfront 06-08-2016
Passport Req..
18-11-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Keep Cool guys :D

Whereas the conditional permanent Residence is concerned, it is a good measure to protect the rights of the sponsor. Below is the link and you can read the details. However for members' convenience i hv copy pasted the important portions from the webpage. Hope its helpful :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/family-sponsorship.asp

What conditional permanent residence means for you:
If you have been granted conditional permanent residence, you must live together with your sponsor in a legitimate relationship for two years from the day you receive conditional permanent residence. The condition ends after the two-year period.

Am I affected by this new measure?
Yes, if your application was received on or after October 25, 2012.
Yes, if you have been in a relationship of two years or less and do not have children in common with your sponsor.
No, if you have been in a relationship with your sponsor for more than two years.
No, if you had children in common with your sponsor at the time of your sponsorship application.

Your rights:
Upon receiving conditional permanent residence, you have all the rights and privileges of a permanent resident:
You are allowed to work or study in Canada without a work or study permit.
You have access to health coverage and social services.
You are allowed to leave and re-enter Canada.
If you are a victim of abuse or neglect, you do not have to remain in an abusive situation. It does not matter whether the conditional permanent residence measure applies to you. In Canada, abuse is not tolerated. All physical and sexual abuse is a crime. All child abuse must be reported.

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

MM345 said:
It was a general question to get more information on conditional PR. After all this is what this forum is about.
Cheers!
Exactly!
Just asked bcz wanted to know if i could attend a wedding outside canada if granted conditional PR..
Why are people being so rude and offensive ..
Kindly don't answer if u are not in state of answering properly ..
Thanks amyr , mm345 and toronto

andymonroe

Jan 6, 2016

Helo senior members please can you enlighten...me i got passport request and was asked to fill the IMM5669 form . I included previous visa refusals UK which I didnt put in my initial application although I checked YES. and I forgot the US in the new form I just submitted would that be a problem?

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

HRK said:
Exactly!
Just asked bcz wanted to know if i could attend a wedding outside canada if granted conditional PR..
Once you get PR card you can leave canada. Usually PR card takes 3 months to arrive

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017

Let it be HRK.. ignore.. be happy :)

HRK said:
Exactly!

nf01

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016

Question: i was reading the landing documents list it says you must have a copr. Does that come with your stamped passport?

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017

andymonroe said:
Helo senior members please can you enlighten...me i got passport request and was asked to fill the IMM5669 form . I included previous visa refusals UK which I didnt put in my initial application although I checked YES. and I forgot the US in the new form I just submitted would that be a problem?
Your suppose to mention all Visa refusals to CIC. Send them a revised document with an explanation and please don't "forget" anything this time. ;D

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014

Vigilant said:
More Questions:

Form IMM 5540 Sponsor Questionnaire:

15-A: Do you have any Children?

Answer: Yes

I provided the details of my daughter.

15-B: If any of children listed in A. do not live with you, give details of your formal/informal visiting rights, indicate how often you visit your children and if provide any financial assistance for them.

Now what should be my reply as my daughter lives with my spouse back in Pakistan not with me. It seems this question for the children from other spouse etc. as next question is "have your spouse met with your children?".
Any one???

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

Vigilant said:
Any one???
No idea about it bro. Make a new thread on forum maybe goray help kar dain

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

nf01 said:
Question: i was reading the landing documents list it says you must have a copr. Does that come with your stamped passport?
Where to find landing doc list?

Yes it comes with stamped passport..

TORONTO134

Sep 7, 2016
DUBAI, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO.....Changed to London Visa Office by CIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront 06-08-2016
Passport Req..
18-11-2016

Vigilant said:
Members,

I m in difficult situation now. Below is the extract of From IMM 5481 Sponsor Evaluation:
"Make sure you include with your application the original Option-C print out obtained from CRA and if applicable , evidence of your employment."
I called CRA yesterday and they said they cannot provide this print out to me as I was not in Canada and didn't file any return (NoN resident for Tax Purpose). And the next return will be filed in February which will be processed till June 2017. :(
Any one else in this situation?
What should I do? :mad:
No reason to freak out :) All of this is easily manageable and I have encountered same situation. I now have my SA already so my experience might help u in sm way

Firstly I had setup an online account with CRA.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/

Under "my account" section, I have access to past years tax returns. I have been traveling a lot since 2013. I didn't hv much to declare but I still filed my taxes online by using a free software called "Simple Tax". Here's the link:

https://simpletax.ca

I didn't know how to use this software properly. No matter what u write n declare, CRA still verifies ur info and they recalculate your tax amount. By this way they correct all the mistakes u make during filing :p So I saved myself the hassle and put zero "0" in all sections.... ;)
You can file late taxes by using this software(i guess for last 3 years or so bt i m nt sure). Afterwards you'll see in your CRA My Account login that u have filled your tax return on ---- date and they have received it. Later thy will assess it and send u notice of assessment in "My account" section. After completing each tax year, the system generates a PDf file that u can save on ur computer. Print those out.

My Account also shows a tab "Option-C" and its the same thing you tried to order from CRA. Print those out for last years.

Now for attaching all as proof to support your application, I would suggest sending them extra years of information. CPC is interested in seeing your values for line 150 & 236 of Tax returns. Send them the tax return that shows the highest values. I also attaced my "ROE" from last time I worked full time in year 2013 in Canada. My income for 2015 was 501$ And before that more or less same thing. So i wrote a detail for Question Number---- in form and explained tht i have been out of country n working in Dubai n blah blah. Please note that CPC is very flexible in rules and very considerate when it comes to spousal sponsorship. Stay on the safe side n send out whatever information you have. My personal opinion is tht u don't wait to get correspondence from CRA. Just send out the sponsorship application with those Pdf tax returns, option-C printout and ur current employment agreement n salary slips etc. Good luck

TORONTO134

Sep 7, 2016
DUBAI, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront 06-08-2016
Passport Req..
18-11-2016

Vigilant said:
More Questions:

Form IMM 5540 Sponsor Questionnaire:

15-A: Do you have any Children?

Answer: Yes

I provided the details of my daughter.

15-B: If any of children listed in A. do not live with you, give details of your formal/informal visiting rights, indicate how often you visit your children and if provide any financial assistance for them.

Now what should be my reply as my daughter lives with my spouse back in Pakistan not with me. It seems this question for the children from other spouse etc. as next question is "have your spouse met with your children?".
You answered 15-A correctly.

15-B:
Yes, this question is for inquiring about the children from previous relationships. If someone has children previously in Canada then they have to pay child support and if somebody has been ordered by family court to pay it and they don't, then they don't qualify as a sponsor. They want to know if you have Custody of any of your kids or If you do not have Child Custody then do you pay Child support to the custodial parent(your ex-spouse) and exercise your right of "Child Access" i.e. Legal visitation rights ordered by Family court. Here you'll attach the court order's copy if applicable to ur situation.

Since you and your spouse are not "legally separated" with intentions of ending the relationship, you will not write about Custody, Child Support/financial support for your daughter and Visitation rights etc. Instead you will mention that she is not living with you and write details on a seperated sheet. Put heading of Question Number and respective sub section you are answering on top of the page and explain reason why she is not in Canada. You should mention all visits you had with your wife and daughter and all gifts n stuff you took/sent for them.

It is VERY important to answer all the questions in every form. If you feel some questions are partially relevant to your situation then answer Yes and explain your position on a seperate sheet. You should answer "Yes" to question "have your spouse met with your children?". Hope it's helpful :)

TORONTO134

Sep 7, 2016
DUBAI, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront 06-08-2016
Passport Req..
18-11-2016

canvis2006 said:
All sponsored spouses (from all countries) get conditional PR.
Why is this a concern ?? If you're happily married and wanna be with your spouse why is everyone questioning this?

If someone does not like "conditional PR" they're more than welcome to stay in their country and not proceed to Canada.
You have a valid point & I second your thoughts about the lame spouses who marry Canadians for mere sponsorship :) I appreciate that you are opinionated and you exercised your right of being a respected member of this site and shared your position. Being non-judgemental, I feel you meant to address everyone and don't see it as any sort of personal attack to anybody as you didn't pinpoint to any member when you made a conclusive statement and Your writing clearly mentions words like "everyone" and "someone" when you made a general statement. Keep up the good work

TORONTO134

Sep 7, 2016
DUBAI, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront 06-08-2016
Passport Req..
18-11-2016

Update:

My CAS shows "In Process" on Applicant's side as of right now ;D

Yahooooooooo :D

It means our application is indeed traveling around and getting processed 8)

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

TORONTO134 said:
Update:

My CAS shows "In Process" on Applicant's side as of right now ;D

Yahooooooooo :D

It means our application is indeed traveling around and getting processed 8)
:) Updated in the spreadsheet.