Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

aliazad75 said:
I am thinking to apply too but i have heard and my concern is that if you apply two applications(sponsor and Visit visa for same person/Spouse) then they delay spouse visa application.
it won't delay your application because pakistani TRVs are processed at the visa office in abu dhabi.

the only advice i would give is to be extremely careful when filling out the TRV application and to proof read it several times before sending it in. if you make a mistake on the application and if the visa officer thinks it's misrepresentation, your spouse visa will be cancelled and CIC will ban your spouse from canada for 5 years.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

barkatain said:
One month since doc request,, Hope to hear soon from them :-\
what did you do about the fbi certificate? i recall them asking for another original in your doc request.

rsk8

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
09-12-2015
File Transfer...
29-12-2015 (in process)
Med's Request
gawd, thx none!
Med's Done....
31-08-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
none!
Passport Req..
30-06-2016 & submitted 01-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016

Nabia23 said:
Oh, super happy for you, congrats btw! Insha'Allah, I will confirm and clear the forms, I leave for Pakistan in a month and will just come back with my hubby.
aww thanks! good luck & enjoy ur time there! 8)

miss black

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015

flx2015 said:
yes HRK, the left over oct applicants are hitting 9-10 months.

i don't understand what's going on with the remaining october applicants. did they all require further review because the visa officers didn't think they were straightforward cases? who knows.
Its a matter of luck nothing more .we can't say our cases are not straightforward

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016

aliazad75 said:
Flx2015, is there any way to file a request or something so they can process applications faster, if all of us send them request at one page to make process faster or at least give visit visa to spouse, it will be great. B/C after this refugees thing, they have started processing it very slow. Why refugees are taking more priority than spouse visa ?
Write to the media! Make yourselves be heard! I've compiled a list of email addresses of notable Canadian reporters and newsrooms, and write to them all the time. If all members in this thread did the same, we would get sufficient visibility.

Here are the addresses. Write away!

rosemary.barton@cbc.ca
nkeung@thestar.ca
letters@nationalpost.com
Newsroom@globeandmail.com
letters@montrealgazette.com
scoop@huffingtonpost.com
tonews@cbc.ca

chandg

Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LON DON Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Application received in Mississauga: January 26, 2016
Sponsor approval: March 14.2016
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Applicant
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife: Husband
Re-Med request: NOT YET
Re-med done: Not yet
Show "In Process" on ECAS: March 4,2016
Interview: NOT YET
Decision Made: NOT YET
PPR: NOT YET
COPR received in post:
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Gujranwala
Additional docs requested: NOT YET
Up Front Medical 30 June 2015

Add my name in the Pakistani spread sheet 2016..............

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

s.and.s said:
Write to the media! Make yourselves be heard! I've compiled a list of email addresses of notable Canadian reporters and newsrooms, and write to them all the time. If all members in this thread did the same, we would get sufficient visibility.

Here are the addresses. Write away!

rosemary.barton@cbc.ca
nkeung@thestar.ca
letters@nationalpost.com
Newsroom@globeandmail.com
letters@montrealgazette.com
scoop@huffingtonpost.com
tonews@cbc.ca
done.

i'm going to my local MP again, but this time i'm meeting with the actual MP and not his useless highschool volunteer staff. i will make him call up LVO and find answers as to why there's a delay. that standard generic "26 month time frame" response they always give us isn't good enough.

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016

flx2015 said:
done.

i'm going to my local MP again, but this time i'm meeting with the actual MP and not his useless highschool volunteer staff. i will make him call up LVO and find answers as to why there's a delay. that standard generic "26 month time frame" response they always give us isn't good enough.
I am doing the same flx. Godspeed! Just wrote to my MP.

Also wrote to Iqra Khalid and Salma Zahid - though they are not my MPs - but of Pakistani extraction, hoping to solicit their help.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

s.and.s said:
I am doing the same flx. Godspeed! Just wrote to my MP.

Also wrote to Iqra Khalid and Salma Zahid - though they are not my MPs - but of Pakistani extraction, hoping to solicit their help.
writing to them didn't do much good... i don't even know who's receiving the emails. once i get into my MP's office, he will either call up london and find out why they're delaying us or he can call security to drag me out of there, because i won't leave unless i have answers. hopefully the security guards will beat me up when they're dragging me out so i can make a scene for the media.

wazim87

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2015
Doc's Request.
upfront - 22/09/15
AOR Received.
28/1/2016
File Transfer...
28/1/2016
Med's Done....
22/10/2015

Hosla Bhai, hosla! InshAllah it will happen, I know it is supper frustrating. Even for me, everyone up to right before me has heard something and I haven't. But iA keep the faith in Allah, and soon we shall all receive good news!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

wazim87 said:
Hosla Bhai, hosla! InshAllah it will happen, I know it is supper frustrating. Even for me, everyone up to right before me has heard something and I haven't. But iA keep the faith in Allah, and soon we shall all receive good news!
insha allah. it was never just about the wait times for me... i just see this whole process as unfair and discriminatory. granted, we need safe guards against immigration fraud and backlogs do happen as a result of that, but there is no justification in keeping spouses apart while their applications are being processed. this country preaches equality and human rights, but so far it looks as though equality is a fantasy and only foreign spouses from visa exempt countries get to enjoy their human rights. even after i'm reunited with my wife, i'll never forget this. i hope i can succeed at convincing my MP to bring up spousal TRVs the next time he sees mccallum so that future applicants don't have to go through this.

have you tried linking your app to MyCIC and checking to see whether you've passed eligibility or whether they've begun background checks?

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Everbody in the jan batch got their SA and in process in march..
But why me in late april..
Why only my timeline is different ..
Any guesses?

wazim87

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2015
Doc's Request.
upfront - 22/09/15
AOR Received.
28/1/2016
File Transfer...
28/1/2016
Med's Done....
22/10/2015

flx2015 said:
insha allah. it was never just about the wait times for me... i just see this whole process as unfair and discriminatory. granted, we need safe guards against immigration fraud and backlogs do happen as a result of that, but there is no justification in keeping spouses apart while their applications are being processed. this country preaches equality and human rights, but so far it looks as though equality is a fantasy and only foreign spouses from visa exempt countries get to enjoy their human rights. even after i'm reunited with my wife, i'll never forget this. i hope i can succeed at convincing my MP to bring up spousal TRVs the next time he sees mccallum so that future applicants don't have to go through this.

have you tried linking your app to MyCIC and checking to see whether you've passed eligibility or whether they've begun background checks?
I haven't, since I did apply through a lawyer. Im in Pak right now but when I go back next week I'll touch base with my MP, because my wife's medical is expiring in the end of September. So if something needs to happen is has to fast.

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

flx2015 said:
what did you do about the fbi certificate? i recall them asking for another original in your doc request.
I have applied again for fbi certificate which u knw will take 3 months bt meanwhile stated in cover letter that we already submitted. Now fingers crossed n waiting

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

barkatain said:
I have applied again for fbi certificate which u knw will take 3 months bt meanwhile stated in cover letter that we already submitted. Now fingers crossed n waiting
FBI is needed only who is residing in US or have been lived there more than 6 months....right?