Doc's Request.
-
AOR Received.
12-08-2016
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

AustinM2016 said:
Hey bro, follow these instructions and you should be able to link your application...although theres not much info on it..which is disappointing.

How to link your application to your MyCIC account

Since a lot of people will now ask this,

Step 1: Go to the following link:

Step 2: Go down to and click on Continue to GCKey

Step 3: Login if you already have an account, if not sign up to the right

Step 4: Once you're logged in, go down to where it says link an existing application

Step 5: For the information, you're going to enter the PA's info (your sponsored spouse)

-Choose file number and family name, enter your file number and the family name of your sponsored spouse
-Then enter your sponsored spouse's place of birth, country, etc. Leave the passport info and the rest blank

Note: For members, you write 2 (your spouse and yourself), if you have no other dependants.

Then search for the application at the bottom and it should find your application. Once found, link your application and that should take you to the main page, where you can view submitted applications - check status and messages.

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16

waiting4positive said:
Snowy2015 how is it possible? Is it the citizen who could sponsor this way with no job or a permanent resident could also do that?
There is no minimum income requirement for a Canadian Citizen or PR to sponsor their non-Canadian spouse. It does not matter if the sponsor is unemployed, a stay-at-home parent, or works a low-income job. The only requirement to sponsor is that the sponsor is not receiving government assistance (with the exception of disability payments).

friends12345

Jun 21, 2016

hii every 1 plzz any 1 can tell to me ..dat any 1 have call for interview in islamabad in this month aug 2016 or in september...or any 1 has already given interview in islambad in last 3 months ......???/
[/quote]

waiting4positive

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015

snowy2015 said:
There is no minimum income requirement for a Canadian Citizen or PR to sponsor their non-Canadian spouse. It does not matter if the sponsor is unemployed, a stay-at-home parent, or works a low-income job. The only requirement to sponsor is that the sponsor is not receiving government assistance (with the exception of disability payments).
Thanks for the info snowy2015

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Re: My sponsorship case is IN PROCESS and my 1 daughter has gone to Canada for study

tigertech said:
Dear Experts,

I have sponsored my family, which is in Pakistan. The sponsorship case is still in process. One of my daughters got admission in Canada and she got student visa and went to Toronto.
My question is: when the Canadian embassy will ask me to send the passport to Islamabad for visa pasting, i can send the passports of my family members who are in Pakistan but what about my daughter, who is already in Canada? where she will send her passport?
There is no need to even wait, you can advise the LVO about your daughter being in Canada already (send copies of her study permit, and visa/passport to them). If she has to do medical later, just give her the form, she can do it in Toronto.
When the time comes for visa issuance, your family in Pak can send theirs to Islamabad(via local VFS) and your daughter can send hers to CPC-Ottawa (make sure you explain in letter to them the situation so they can coordinate with Islamabad internally about visa issuance). When her passport comes back, let her go to niagara falls (rainbow bridge office of CBSA/Immigration) and get landed, and become local PR. After landing, she shows her COPR and passport to university and becomes local student right away (no need to wait for PR Card!) as well as obtain new SIN number.

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

waiting4positive said:
Thanks for the info snowy2015

Just to continue with what Snowy was saying, there is no required income for spousal sponsorship. That being said, there is a question in IMM3907E which asks something relating to "plans you and your spouse have made for your life in Canada". In that question make sure to write a sentence or two just briefly touching on your career plans in Canada and/or where and with whom you will live. So if you are going to live with your in-laws, then just state that your accommodation will be with your spouse's parents etc. Also say something like, I have a degree in accounting for example and I will seek employment opportunities in Canada. They don't want to know specifics like exactly which job you want, but make sure to say something positive in this sense so that they get an impression that you have put some decent amount of time in thinking about what your plans are in Canada. Hope this helps!

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

zaino said:
Thank you so much Sulemanmirza and warzo for the quick reply . A lot less confused now. Will gather all the documents. This is going to be a hell long of a process even though i just found out that i am pregnant. I just read that Sponsor for Pakistan has been changed to 40 months. Absolutely absurd. So will definitely try to sponsor straight from the UAE. Wishing you and everyone all the best with their cases and hope everyone gets to reunite with their loved ones very soon inshAllah.
Congrats and It takes maximum 10 months not 40.

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I really need to hear something from ur side flx..!
That is only how we'll know there's progress and the process is going on , not stuck actually....
C'mon pray harder flx!

Amna Hayat

Star Member
Jun 4, 2016

I don't know but i am not able to link my husbands file on mycic... even though i have tried all the different ways.... i am sooooooooooooo upset!!! Is this normal or should i worry about it???.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

amna, you're not the only one. sometimes CIC has outdated information associated with the applicant's UCI, so you'll have to order your GCMS notes if you really want to link the app to MyCIC. however it takes about 30 days for the notes to be delivered, and insha allah i think you'll be finished before then. doc requests give clues as to how strong your application is, and your simple doc request tells me you should not have any problems at all.

ultay seedhay sawal jab poochtay hain doc requests k sath tou zayada lamba process hojata hai.

HRK said:
I really need to hear something from ur side flx..!
That is only how we'll know there's progress and the process is going on , not stuck actually....
C'mon pray harder flx!
yeah i'm starting to get a little anxious now because my file is already 8 months old. however because of the delay we saw in may-june, i might have to wait until mid to late august to see progress on my file. i've started checking MyCIC every day and will post here if i see anything change.

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

flx2015 said:
I was wondering will they get over with nov and then touch ur file or it can be between before finishing with nov app.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

HRK said:
I was wondering will they get over with nov and then touch ur file or it can be between before finishing with nov app.
anything could happen. i know of a case where a november applicant got DM at the same time as the october applicants, so it's definitely possible and there's no rule stopping them from doing so. only time will tell.

khalidmeraj

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Islamabad, Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application couriered: 1st Jun 2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront

What are the next steps . Could you please guide me through and tentative time-line . Thanks a bundle

HRK said:
No dear
It means u r eligible to sponsor
Now u are in waiting queue of straight 8-9 months ( since app filed)
In ur 8-9 month u'll get to know if any additional doc needed

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

khalidmeraj said:
What are the next steps . Could you please guide me through and tentative time-line . Thanks a bundle
After acknowledgment U'll receive your SA=sponsorship approval in around 50 days of app filing..
Then U'll have to wait around 8-9 months(since app filed) to hear something on your file like a doc request if anything missing or any expired doc , re med or maybe just passport request directly..
Before this time Your file will not be touched even.

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

flx2015 said:
anything could happen. i know of a case where a november applicant got DM at the same time as the october applicants, so it's definitely possible and there's no rule stopping them from doing so. only time will tell.
I really hope they just dont sit and wait for incoming docs requested.. they should start working on dec apps mean while !!