Interview........
Waived In Process:17th February 2015. Decision Made: 6th March 2015
Passport Req..
10th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Dr.Dua said:
yes it will open with application number and your ( applicant ) UCI number ,,not your spouse ( sponsor ) UCI number .. There are 2 UCI numbers ..which I came to know from my ATIP Notes
Both uci numbers work fine..either its spouse or applicants' ... U need to put relevant info with each uci. For example sponsor's uci will take his last name,dob and place of birth and similar goes for applicant's.

AFKTareen

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014

Hello All,

I need urgent help from you guys. I submitted my application to Missisauga office back in May 2014 and received an email on July 21, 2014 that my sponsorship application has been approved and I am eligible to sponsor my wife and that my wife's permanent residence application has been forwarded to visa office in London for further processing.

Today I received an email from London office that my wife is not eligible for immigration to canada because she has failed to submit enough documents to prove that her husband (me) is currently living in Canada as permanent resident. This is the excerpt of the email:

I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

I have determined that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act because you are a person described in paragraph R130 (1)(b)of the Act. You may therefore be inadmissible to Canada.

130. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who
(b) resides in Canada

You have not submitted any evidence to demonstrate that your sponsor was residing in Canada at the time of your application, or that he is residing there now. Your sponsor is not a Canadian national, and therefore he is required to be resident and present in Canada during the period of this application. This raises concerns that your sponsor may no longer be eligible to sponsor you because your sponsor may not be resident and present in Canada.
Please use this opportunity to address my concerns and indicate any further information you would like to be considered in respect of your application.

They have given us 30 days to respond or else our application will be rejected based on the information available in the file.

They have already approved my sponsorship application and living status in canada before forwarding my wife's application to London office, how come they came up with something like this, makes no sense at all.

Please help me what should I do now to prove that I am currently living in canada as a permanent resident and what documents do I have to submit?.

Thanks in advance

calgarykings

Feb 7, 2014

Nothing to worry about. All you need to do is submit documents to prove you are a factual resident of Canada. This includes:
- Notice of Assessments by CRA
- T4 Slips very usefull as they log days you worked and got paid.
- Utility bills in your name.
- Tenancy agreement or mortgage annual statement.
- Driving license, car insurance.
- Extract from provincial health authority. This is your health record and shows all the visits you made to doctors and labs.
- Passport copies of all pages showing stamps of any out of country visits and entries to Canada.

You may also want to do a self assessment of your residency obligation first. Find it on CIC website. The reason being if you did not fulfill your residency obligation (2/5 year physical presence) in Canada, you spouse may be ineligible.

Hope it helps!

stealth23

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 July 2014
File Transfer...
29 August 2014 Inprocess:24 July 2015
Med's Request
25 August 2015
Med's Done....
7 Sep 2015 Decision made:28 Sep 2015
Passport Req..
6 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
04 Nov 2015 insha Allah

Hi guys,

I do know my own (sponsor) UCI number. Where can I find my spouse (applicant) UCI number?

Thanks

rrhhdd

Oct 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2014
Doc's Request.
June 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 02, 2014
File Transfer...
August 25, 2014
Med's Request
April 23, 2015
Med's Done....
May 06, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jul 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

AFKTareen said:
Hello All,

I need urgent help from you guys. I submitted my application to Missisauga office back in May 2014 and received an email on July 21, 2014 that my sponsorship application has been approved and I am eligible to sponsor my wife and that my wife's permanent residence application has been forwarded to visa office in London for further processing.

Today I received an email from London office that my wife is not eligible for immigration to canada because she has failed to submit enough documents to prove that her husband (me) is currently living in Canada as permanent resident. This is the excerpt of the email:

I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act.

I have determined that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act because you are a person described in paragraph R130 (1)(b)of the Act. You may therefore be inadmissible to Canada.

130. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who
(b) resides in Canada

You have not submitted any evidence to demonstrate that your sponsor was residing in Canada at the time of your application, or that he is residing there now. Your sponsor is not a Canadian national, and therefore he is required to be resident and present in Canada during the period of this application. This raises concerns that your sponsor may no longer be eligible to sponsor you because your sponsor may not be resident and present in Canada.
Please use this opportunity to address my concerns and indicate any further information you would like to be considered in respect of your application.

They have given us 30 days to respond or else our application will be rejected based on the information available in the file.

They have already approved my sponsorship application and living status in canada before forwarding my wife's application to London office, how come they came up with something like this, makes no sense at all.

Please help me what should I do now to prove that I am currently living in canada as a permanent resident and what documents do I have to submit?.

Thanks in advance
As mentioned by calgaryking u should submit those docs at ur earliest. Hope everything will be fine.

Sidkhan

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th June 2013
Doc's Request.
9th January 2015
AOR Received.
17th July 2013
Med's Done....
19th January 2015
Interview........
Waived In Process:17th February 2015. Decision Made: 6th March 2015
Passport Req..
10th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2015

stealth23 said:
Hi guys,

I do know my own (sponsor) UCI number. Where can I find my spouse (applicant) UCI number?

Thanks
Order Atip notes.. Its mentioned in there

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015

AFKTareen said:
Hello All,

(b) resides in Canada

Thanks in advance
Submit
air line tickets
boarding passes (if you have)
passport entry/ exit stamps (photo copy)
Bills (electricity, internet, gas, cell phone, home phone)
Maintenance Bills
All Health Records

DON't WORRY YOU WILL BE FINE

Don't

rrhhdd

Oct 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2014
Doc's Request.
June 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 02, 2014
File Transfer...
August 25, 2014
Med's Request
April 23, 2015
Med's Done....
May 06, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jul 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Today i call cic to ask.about why on ecas it shows my (sponsor) address and.email id, whereas it should be my spouse adress in pak. He said we cant tell you this is what you have to decide what adress should be there.
What should i do? Should i update adress myself on ecas? I am wondering is this becz i used representative form.

AFKTareen

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014

calgarykings said:
Nothing to worry about. All you need to do is submit documents to prove you are a factual resident of Canada. This includes:
- Notice of Assessments by CRA
- T4 Slips very usefull as they log days you worked and got paid.
- Utility bills in your name.
- Tenancy agreement or mortgage annual statement.
- Driving license, car insurance.
- Extract from provincial health authority. This is your health record and shows all the visits you made to doctors and labs.
- Passport copies of all pages showing stamps of any out of country visits and entries to Canada.

You may also want to do a self assessment of your residency obligation first. Find it on CIC website. The reason being if you did not fulfill your residency obligation (2/5 year physical presence) in Canada, you spouse may be ineligible.

Hope it helps!

Thanks a lot for your reply. I checked cic website about my residency obligation. There is a 5 year restriction for those who were sponsored as a spouse in past to come to canada and became permanent residents less then 5 years ago. This does not apply to me because in my case, I landed in canada two years ago in March 2013 as a skilled worker immigrant, so I think I'm good to be a sponsor. Any thoughts on this please?

AFKTareen

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014

sohaib1 said:
Submit
air line tickets
boarding passes (if you have)
passport entry/ exit stamps (photo copy)
Bills (electricity, internet, gas, cell phone, home phone)
Maintenance Bills
All Health Records

DON't WORRY YOU WILL BE FINE

Don't
Thanks for the reply. I have already submitted pretty much everything in your list above with my initial application, including copies of my PR card, driving license etc. Not sure why they are not considering me a permanent resident in Canada or they are not confident that currently I'm living in Canada. Even after I received a letter back in July 2014 clearly stating that I am fully eligible to sponsor my spouse and my sponsorship application has been approved. It reflects on my E-Cas status as well.

Anyway, will put together everything once again as soon as possible.

Sana Noman

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 June 2014
File Transfer...
25 August 2014
Med's Request
04 February 2016
Med's Done....
16 February 2016
Interview........
09 March 2016 Decsion made: 26 March 2016
Passport Req..
31 March 2016 passport submitt: 1 April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon In sha Allah

AFKTareen said:
Thanks for the reply. I have already submitted pretty much everything in your list above with my initial application, including copies of my PR card, driving license etc. Not sure why they are not considering me a permanent resident in Canada or they are not confident that currently I'm living in Canada. Even after I received a letter back in July 2014 clearly stating that I am fully eligible to sponsor my spouse and my sponsorship application has been approved. It reflects on my E-Cas status as well.

Anyway, will put together everything once again as soon as possible.
May GOD help u don't take tension just pray :)

Dr.Dua

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
Doc's Request.
Given with application
AOR Received.
25-04-2013 via email
File Transfer...
02-09-2013 to Islamabad
Med's Request
20-06-2015
Med's Done....
03-07-2015
Interview........
Not done
Passport Req..
Inshaa Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaa Allah soon
LANDED..........
Inshaa Allah soon

Sidkhan said:
Both uci numbers work fine..either its spouse or applicants' ... U need to put relevant info with each uci. For example sponsor's uci will take his last name,dob and place of birth and similar goes for applicant's.
Ahan I will try as well just to have a check :)

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)

AFKTareen said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. I checked cic website about my residency obligation. There is a 5 year restriction for those who were sponsored as a spouse in past to come to canada and became permanent residents less then 5 years ago. This does not apply to me because in my case, I landed in canada two years ago in March 2013 as a skilled worker immigrant, so I think I'm good to be a sponsor. Any thoughts on this please?
That doesn't apply to you, I came in with my parents as their dependent in 2012 with PR, but now I have sponsored my wife with no issues. You must have missed a document or two that proved your status in Canada, like job letter, notice of assessment etc. Did you read in detail the IRPA law subsections that are mentioned in the CIC letter.? they might help, you can search for it online.

Dr.Dua

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
Doc's Request.
Given with application
AOR Received.
25-04-2013 via email
File Transfer...
02-09-2013 to Islamabad
Med's Request
20-06-2015
Med's Done....
03-07-2015
Interview........
Not done
Passport Req..
Inshaa Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaa Allah soon
LANDED..........
Inshaa Allah soon

Sidkhan said:
You can order it every month if you want to.. Its completely upto you.. And if u have got them in jan, u can order it now if u want..
My husband was in so hurry so he applied for notes again after 2 weeks of receiving 1st ATIP notes ..we received 1st ATIP notes on 8th january 2015 and husband applied again on 24th january 2015 ..we get the result on 25th feb 2015 .. but they sent us the old ATIP notes ,,same as we received on 8th january 2015 .. :( thats why I am asking how much space of months should be there between 2 ATIP notes ..someone has gone through applying ATIP NOTES multiple times can share experience and guidelines please ..

stealth23

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 July 2014
File Transfer...
29 August 2014 Inprocess:24 July 2015
Med's Request
25 August 2015
Med's Done....
7 Sep 2015 Decision made:28 Sep 2015
Passport Req..
6 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
04 Nov 2015 insha Allah

Sidkhan said:
Order Atip notes.. Its mentioned in there
Thanks for replying Sidkhan. Also, since I filed my application in July 2014 and file got transfered to LVO
In August 2014; how long should I wait before I can order
Order Atip Notes.

Thanks in advance