16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

khurram arif said:
I think just you and me only applicant's is in the queue
you are the second case i've heard of where the applicant was put in the interview queue simply because they seemed uncomfortable in their wedding pictures.

my wife and i were both uncomfortable in our mehndi pictures because it was our first time on a stage in front of like 200 people. we were a bit more comfortable on nikkah day, and all smiles on walima day. if they put my wife in the 18+ month interview queue just because of this, i swear i'm going to rip up my canadian passport and citizenship papers and shove them down mccallum's throat. i will NOT live in a country that is as cold blooded and cruel as this.

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016

flx2015 said:
you are the second case i've heard of where the applicant was put in the interview queue simply because they seemed uncomfortable in their wedding pictures.

my wife and i were both uncomfortable in our mehndi pictures because it was our first time on a stage in front of like 200 people. we were a bit more comfortable on nikkah day, and all smiles on walima day. if they put my wife in the 18+ month interview queue just because of this, i swear i'm going to rip up my canadian passport and citizenship papers and shove them down mccallum's throat. i will NOT live in a country that is as cold blooded and cruel as this.
Talk about double standards!! First they want us to marry in a traditional Pakistani way, and then they expect us to be comfortable on stage like a western marriage.

So does that mean I am in trouble because my marriage pictures sucked. Even though we had few laughing pictures, we weren't like putting our arms around each other. The reason is, I hadn't even talked to my wife before our marriage, not even a single phone call. We are both from conservative family and it was arranged. Anyways my subsequent pictures on our trips, we were a lot more comfortable so hopefully visa officer can see that.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

CofRed said:
Talk about double standards!! First they want us to marry in a traditional Pakistani way, and then they expect us to be comfortable on stage like a western marriage.

So does that mean I am in trouble because my marriage pictures sucked. Even though we had few laughing pictures, we weren't like putting our arms around each other. The reason is, I hadn't even talked to my wife before our marriage, not even a single phone call. We are both from conservative family and it was arranged. Anyways my subsequent pictures on our trips, we were a lot more comfortable so hopefully visa officer can see that.
well that makes two of us as my wife and i also have a similar story. i guess it can't be too bad if there's more people like us. regardless, you should be fine if you two are comfortable in your post wedding pics. we've had a member who was called in for an interview because he and his wife looked sad/uneasy in their wedding and post-wedding pics, and this is what he found in his gcms notes:

Having reviewed application, I am of the opinion that PA looks ill at ease in wedding and post wedding photos. Whilst a bride will culturally look demure, perhaps even sad in wedding photos, as she is leaving her parents home to reside at her husband's family home, normally a bride tends to look happier in post wedding photos. I have entered recommend passed under eligibility.

perhaps it would be more accurate to say that while being uneasy in wedding pics is understandable, looking uneasy in your post wedding pics is what can cause problems.

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016

flx2015 said:
perhaps it would be more accurate to say that while being uneasy in wedding pics is understandable, looking uneasy in your post wedding pics is what can cause problems.
That makes a lot of sense. As evidenced by CanLii cases, it usually isn't a single factor/red flag. It is a combination that leads VO to scrutinize or reject the application.

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

flx2015 said:
well that makes two of us as my wife and i also have a similar story. i guess it can't be too bad if there's more people like us. regardless, you should be fine if you two are comfortable in your post wedding pics. we've had a member who was called in for an interview because he and his wife looked sad/uneasy in their wedding and post-wedding pics, and this is what he found in his gcms notes:

Having reviewed application, I am of the opinion that PA looks ill at ease in wedding and post wedding photos. Whilst a bride will culturally look demure, perhaps even sad in wedding photos, as she is leaving her parents home to reside at her husband's family home, normally a bride tends to look happier in post wedding photos. I have entered recommend passed under eligibility.

This should be irrelevant when proving whether a relationship is genuine or not. I am concerned about my case as well. MY WIFE IS SMILING IN EVERY PHOTO. IN EVERY PHOTO. Even the photos where they expect her to be sad (Rukhsati/leaving photos). Her family is sentimental in the pics, but she is smiling a lot. I don't know if this is gonna cause problems! God, this seems so stupid. She was happy so of course she was gonna smile, she can't pretend to cry.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Red.Rose said:
This should be irrelevant when proving whether a relationship is genuine or not. I am concerned about my case as well. MY WIFE IS SMILING IN EVERY PHOTO. IN EVERY PHOTO. Even the photos where they expect her to be sad (Rukhsati/leaving photos). Her family is sentimental in the pics, but she is smiling a lot. I don't know if this is gonna cause problems! God, this seems so stupid. She was happy so of course she was gonna smile, she can't pretend to cry.
smiling in the photos is a good thing, whether they're for the rukhsati or something else. CofRed has a point; it's often a combination of things that can cause an officer to scrutinize the applicant.

aliazad75

May 16, 2011

Can someone please help me in filling GCMS notes:
Questions are as follows:

Under Requester Information you will enter information of the Canadian citizen/PR.
You will enter Canadian citizen/PR's email address ? What sort of information i have to provide here

when it asks for email address, I have to provide my email address. I mean personal email address which i mentioned when submitted file ?

and other thing it is asking for Requesting information for
Do I have to provide spouse information (Mine) or principal applicant information ?

What documents I have to attach while applying GCMS notes

I will really appreciate if someone kindly answers me

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

flx2015 said:
smiling in the photos is a good thing, whether they're for the rukhsati or something else. CofRed has a point; it's often a combination of things that can cause an officer to scrutinize the applicant.
It's not the rukhsati photos in general that I am concerned about. Because on rukhsati day, when you are taking pics with family on stage etc, you should be smiling and that is the expectation. However, when a bride is leaving for home (rukhsati), there is a general notion that the bride should be sad/tearful. My bride was just smiling :p So I'm kinda worried about that.

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Anyone in the forum got passport request recently ?

SM205

Star Member
May 20, 2016

aliazad75 said:
Can someone please help me in filling GCMS notes:
Questions are as follows:

Under Requester Information you will enter information of the Canadian citizen/PR.
You will enter Canadian citizen/PR's email address ? What sort of information i have to provide here

when it asks for email address, I have to provide my email address. I mean personal email address which i mentioned when submitted file ?

and other thing it is asking for Requesting information for
Do I have to provide spouse information (Mine) or principal applicant information ?

What documents I have to attach while applying GCMS notes

I will really appreciate if someone kindly answers me

GCMS notes can only be ordered by Canadian citizen/PR or person living in Canada etc, So Sponsor has to fill out first part of application (Requester is Canadian citizen),
Requesting for--PA , Now here you gonna give information about PA,you want to get the information about PA's file.
use email of Canadian citizen/PA (the sponsor) as i said, first all information about sponsor who is requesting information about PA's file.
hope this will help.
Regards

paknew

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated forms Request.: 2-May-2015 -- Submitted on 12-May-2015 -- Passport copy and recent pictures submission requested on 25-Nov-2016 -- Submitted 30-Nov-2016
Nomination.....
N/R
AOR Received.
26-04-2014
IELTS Request
N/R
File Transfer...
26-04-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015 (I didn’t do upfront medical) Status changed to "In-Process" on 11-2-2015 -- RE-MED REQ. 10-May-2016
Med's Done....
25-2-2015 -- RE-MED DONE: 12-May-2016
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulillah)
Passport Req..
20-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdulillah received passport with visa and COPR on 7-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
InshahAllah in March-2017

khurram arif said:
did u send them anything or any contact with mp or ordered notes what they are saying in your case y they r taking time
Hi Khurram arif,

Came to know through MP that they are doing security background check.!!! My re-medical was done in May-2016 and since then waiting for LVO further instructions.

Keep me in your duas. Thank you

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016

flx2015 said:

well this makes me worry. in my barat and walima i am not smiling in a single picture except for those pics after ruksati. but in the hall on stage i am in a very bad mood. Lets see what happens.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

F.M said:
well this makes me worry. in my barat and walima i am not smiling in a single picture except for those pics after ruksati. but in the hall on stage i am in a very bad mood. Lets see what happens.
Lol...Why were you in a bad mood F.M?

Like Flx said in an earlier post, the serious looking faces on wedding/walima/mehndi days are not a reason for concern. I was in a veil through out my mehndi but I still sent those pics in...hoping for the best!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Off

F.M said:
it's not just you. here's something else that might calm some nerves...

the forum member who posted the officer's notes mentioning the bride and groom's facial expressions was iqbalf. note that although the visa officer listed it as a concern, they still put down "recommended pass". when iqbalf's wife finally got her interview (which was on phone and not in person), all the visa officer did was ask her a few questions she had already answered on the applicant forms. that tells me that the facial expressions were most likely not the reason for the interview, and we'll never really find out what the real reason was because CIC can and does omit certain things from the GCMS notes.

secondly, of the two applicants who were requested interviews with facial expressions listed as a concern in their GCMS notes, both applied in early 2014. the visa officers at LVO were faced with a learning curve when they took over from ISB, and consequently they did everything by the book and were extremely strict in the beginning. if you go back in this thread and look at what 2013 and 2014 applicants had to go through, you'd be surprised. for example, whereas husbands who were less educated than their wives were asked tons of questions by the visa officers back then, they no longer see it as a concern UNLESS there are a bunch of other red flags in the application. case in point: i have a cousin who's a high school drop out, and he was successfully able to sponsor his wife who's a doctor. he did get a doc request asking for 1) proof of visit and 2) proof of ongoing communication.

i am sorry guys... i should never have brought this up and worried you all needlessly. don't take anything i say to heart and don't worry over this. i just think too much. :p

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa O

flx2015 said:
it's not just you. here's something else that might calm some nerves...

the forum member who posted the officer's notes mentioning the bride and groom's facial expressions was iqbalf. note that although the visa officer listed it as a concern, they still put down "recommended pass". when iqbalf's wife finally got her interview (which was on phone and not in person), all the visa officer did was ask her a few questions she had already answered on the applicant forms. that tells me that the facial expressions were most likely not the reason for the interview, and we'll never really find out what the real reason was because CIC can and does omit certain things from the GCMS notes.

secondly, of the two applicants who were requested interviews with facial expressions listed as a concern in their GCMS notes, both applied in early 2014. the visa officers at LVO were faced with a learning curve when they took over from ISB, and consequently they did everything by the book and were extremely strict in the beginning. if you go back in this thread and look at what 2013 and 2014 applicants had to go through, you'd be surprised. for example, whereas husbands who were less educated than their wives were asked tons of questions by the visa officers back then, they no longer see it as a concern UNLESS there are a bunch of other red flags in the application. case in point: i have a cousin who's a high school drop out, and he was successfully able to sponsor his wife who's a doctor. he did get a doc request asking for 1) proof of visit and 2) proof of ongoing communication.

i am sorry guys... i should never have brought this up and worried you all needlessly. don't take anything i say to heart and don't worry over this. i just think too much. :p
Flx, thanks for always being there (virtually) for many members on this forum along with me especially, friend! ;D