+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP - OUTLAND

Sarisari

Star Member
May 12, 2023
Hi, me and my husband just got married 2 months ago. I had almost 3 mos vacation in our country and I am now back to Canada. Now, I am planning to apply spousal sponsorship. I have done my research and read what's on the cic site. I am just confused about the PROOF OF CONTACT. Like, can I send a proof of contact years prior to our wedding or proof of contact after? Can I send them letters, social media conversation etc when we were still boyfriend-girlfriend? Please enlighten me. Your advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, me and my husband just got married 2 months ago. I had almost 3 mos vacation in our country and I am now back to Canada. Now, I am planning to apply spousal sponsorship. I have done my research and read what's on the cic site. I am just confused about the PROOF OF CONTACT. Like, can I send a proof of contact years prior to our wedding or proof of contact after? Can I send them letters, social media conversation etc when we were still boyfriend-girlfriend? Please enlighten me. Your advise would be appreciated. Thank you.
You can and should do both. Put extra emphasis on time you physically spent together.

Sarisari

Star Member
May 12, 2023
You can and should do both. Put extra emphasis on time you physically spent together.
Thank you! Another thing, we are not living together now coz he's still in our country. But we have pictures together when I went home. Can I also include that as proof of contact?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you! Another thing, we are not living together now coz he's still in our country. But we have pictures together when I went home. Can I also include that as proof of contact?
Have you tried reading the instructions? Because yes, you should include photos of when you were together. And that's pretty obvious when you get the forms and start filling them out.

Osamaraj

Nov 5, 2021
Greetings everyone,
We submitted our outland online spousal application on July16 2023 and after 5 months, we have not received AOR, sponsor approval, BIL or MIL.
I have done the following things to get an update but nothing has changed and I have been asked to wait.
1. Contact MP for update- contacted and response was to wait and approach them again in Jan 2024.
2. Request for ATIP notes- got the notes and it is empty
3. Submitting webform- response is they have received the application

I believe our application was assigned to an agent ID and that ID is dormant and hence not being worked on.

I am thinking of again submitting another new similar spousal sponsorship application attaching the same fee receipt and hoping this one would be processed normally.

My question to fellow applicants here is,
Am I allowed to submit another application on top of the already submitted one?
Will there be any repercussions for doing this?
Please help me here as I have been patiently waiting for this PR application to finalize.

Note: I applied for a TRV visa with no AOR and the visa was approved. Currently submitted passport for stamping and waiting.