+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship (outland) - TRV after AOR doubt

nikkaush

Nov 25, 2021
Hello,

I'm a Canada PR holder, and my spouse recently received AOR for the spousal sponsorship (outland family class).
Since getting to the point where she gets her PR card and travels to Canada can take some time (a few months), we are planning to apply for the TRV based on the Spousal Sponsorship's AOR. We have seen in some forums that the approval rate for this situation is 90%.

The question I have is that if we apply for TRV now, will she be required to provide evidence that this is just a temporary visit and she will return to her home country?
She doesn't have any property, dependents, or previous travels to the US/UK, but she can get an employer letter (No Objection Certificate) stating that she will be on leave and should resume her duties after returning from Canada. Will that help?

Also, in case she has to leave her current job, and eventually can't get a No Objection Certificate, will it weaken the application?
Is it advisable?

All suggestions and guidance are welcome.

Thanks!

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hello,

I'm a Canada PR holder, and my spouse recently received AOR for the spousal sponsorship (outland family class).
Since getting to the point where she gets her PR card and travels to Canada can take some time (a few months), we are planning to apply for the TRV based on the Spousal Sponsorship's AOR. We have seen in some forums that the approval rate for this situation is 90%.

The question I have is that if we apply for TRV now, will she be required to provide evidence that this is just a temporary visit and she will return to her home country?
She doesn't have any property, dependents, or previous travels to the US/UK, but she can get an employer letter (No Objection Certificate) stating that she will be on leave and should resume her duties after returning from Canada. Will that help?

Also, in case she has to leave her current job, and eventually can't get a No Objection Certificate, will it weaken the application?
Is it advisable?

Thanks!
Seems like you are over thinking, as long as you have an AOR you can apply for TRV and submit the required documents (part of TRV application)

Shah18

Oct 1, 2020
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello,

Is it advisable?

Thanks!
Hi Nikkaush,

Have you applied for TRV? Can you please share your experience and timeline?