+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Not many photos

BlueOwl

Apr 27, 2014
Hi all,

So I was looking through the many threads on here regarding number of photos and I am wondering whether to make an allusion in my application that we do not have many photos of us together. Maybe I am a little overawed by people submitting 100+ photos, but we simply don't have many pictures of us together during our relationship period as my wife doesn't like having pictures taken of her.

Currently we have 7 photos of us and I am cherry picking 10 of the wedding for the application. Should I make any reference to this in the application or should what I have suffice? As I near the end of the application I do feel like I am panicking somewhat.

Thanks in advance

zinaramirez

Aug 16, 2014
My partner and I took lots of quite intentional photos of ourselves during the course of our relationship because we knew this might be an issue. I still ended up with only about 20 photos.

However, I had massive, massive numbers of internet chat logs. I also had letters, pictures of handmade gifts, receipts of larger gifts, receipts from our IKEA purchases, and whatever else I could find. I even sent them basically a scrapbook of our receipts from eating out at restaurants every week for the last two years.

You could write a short letter explaining the lack of pictures. I wrote a fair number of those for other gaps in information. Just supplement with other things and you should be fine.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
when it comes to submitting photos, it is QUALITY over quantity. If someone submits 100+ professional photos taken of them on one occassion, it doesn't necessarily prove an ongoing relationship. what cic is concerned about is when the photos are taken, if the people look like they are in different locations in each picture, and whether there are other people in the picture. As long as you can show this, and prove in your answers your relationship has been ongoing and known to family friends, the # of photos doesn't matter.

Also remember, every country has a different level of burden of proof for applicants to prove their relationship. Every application is unique to the couple applying. Just because others are sending a lot of photos, does not mean it's actually necessary for your application or to explain why you don't have a lot of photos. Definitely don't get wrapped up in what other people are doing for their application. it's more important your application remains true to your situation.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
I've been with my now husband for 5 years. He lives alone in Ottawa. His family is in Northern Ontario and my Family is in NYC. Therefore when we are together we are always alone. (unless it is a holiday). We have a lot of pics that we took of ourselves but those get repetitive after a while. I LOVE taking pictures but my husband doesn't so its not easy to get him to take pics. Even when we go on trips its hard to get someone to take your picture and you usually end up with pictures alone and of scenery. I am including pictures of us alone but clearly its in the same location. Like when we went to Niagara falls. we each took pictures of each other by the falls etc. I am submitting pictures I took of family gatherings were I am not in them all the time but it shows that I was there with 1 or 2 pictures and I normally take the pictures of events. Many pictures I am including have our families at events and us here and there. The bulk of our pictures are wedding.

Oh I also love making photobooks online, calendars, scrapbooks. Ive made one almost every year we are together and I printed those out and showed them with the receipts of when I bought them.