+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship- medical exam

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
My wife took the medical test for Canadian immigration Spousal PR on March 17, 2022, and submitted the medical acknowledgement along with the PR application. We received an IMM1017.pdf on July,06,2022 from IRCC asking for Immigration Medical Examination.Can we ask the hospital to reupload the medical report we took on March 17 (three and a half months back) along with the IMM1017 form? Will IRCC accept the same or should we go for re-medicals? Please advise.
I posted a message about this issue in the big giant thread. Posting here again and hoping people will stop doing this it delays the application and adds more burden to the system.But to answer your question
Upfront medical examinations are no longer available for Family Class since about 2017. They will link the medical to your application but by circumventing the process by doing the medical before requested you will face delays.

I would resubmit the medical acknowledgement via the webform with an explanation that you didn't realize you had to wait for the medical request and an apology but again expect long delays. Honestly it may be quicker to do the medical again with the delays IRCC is currently experiencing.

I am not sure why you did an upfront medical for a family class application but I am guessing you got bad advice somewhere.

You can wait for IRCC to eventually link it to your application or you can do it again. Either way it's a mess. They won't care if you have two medical on file if that's your concern as long as you pass both. You just created more work for an overburdened system

shiv.immigrant

May 1, 2020
I posted a message about this issue in the big giant thread. Posting here again and hoping people will stop doing this it delays the application and adds more burden to the system.But to answer your question

Upfront medical examinations are no longer available for Family Class since about 2017. They will link the medical to your application but by circumventing the process by doing the medical before requested you will face delays.

I would resubmit the medical acknowledgement via the webform with an explanation that you didn't realize you had to wait for the medical request and an apology but again expect long delays. Honestly it may be quicker to do the medical again with the delays IRCC is currently experiencing.

I am not sure why you did an upfront medical for a family class application but I am guessing you got bad advice somewhere.

You can wait for IRCC to eventually link it to your application or you can do it again. Either way it's a mess. They won't care if you have two medical on file if that's your concern as long as you pass both. You just created more work for an overburdened system
Thanks much for your advice. Better, I will ask her to go for medical again.