+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Last few questions :)

LeelaD

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Hi guys, am in the process of putting together my paperworks for Outbound Spousal Sponsorship in Quebec Montreal whilst living here during the process via visa extensions, I just find myself getting to the point of being sure I have everything processed in my mind but reading more online and confusing myself...
I require a CSQ(Certificate de Selection Quebec) do I need to apply for this before I send my application for Sponsorship, I'm a little confused because were applying outbound whilst in the country and it says that my sponsor sends me that form I return it to him then it is sent to the Embassy of my home country ::) I'm Northern Irish(country is part of Britain) does this mean that they will send it to the Embassy at London and I must go collect it there?? Anyone been through a similar process or know?
I just want to have everything correct in my head so I don't start the process the wrong way round...any advice would be most welcome... :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
no, you do not need to do anything about the CSQ now. Once the sponsor receives approval CIC will send you instructions for completing the CSQ portion of the application.

LeelaD

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Ok thats great and anyone know anything about it being sent to the embassy of your country? I want to know if I need to plan a flight to collect te documents or not. Thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LeelaD said:
Ok thats great and anyone know anything about it being sent to the embassy of your country? I want to know if I need to plan a flight to collect te documents or not. Thanks.
no, you will not need to physically deliver the documents. there will be instructions provided for emailing or mailing the documents to the appropriate office in the CSQ request letter.

LeelaD

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
No I understand that but I mean it states that the CSQ will be sent to the embassy of my home country, after that then what as I am currently residing in Montreal and hope to remain here on an extended visa until the application is finalised. I want to know how the documents will get to me from the embassy of my home country which would be London? I had read elsewhere that you must collect them from the embassy. I would have to leave Canada to do that and would prefer not to but just trying to fully anticipate all situations.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LeelaD said:
No I understand that but I mean it states that the CSQ will be sent to the embassy of my home country, after that then what as I am currently residing in Montreal and hope to remain here on an extended visa until the application is finalised. I want to know how the documents will get to me from the embassy of my home country which would be London? I had read elsewhere that you must collect them from the embassy. I would have to leave Canada to do that and would prefer not to but just trying to fully anticipate all situations.
the visa office will email or snail mail them. where are you reading you must physically hand deliver the forms? there is no such requirement for any part of sponsorship, even the CSQ. everything is done by email or regular mail. this really isn't an issue to be concerned about.