14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Dear all.
I just found this thread right after my visa application has been rejected.. today!
I just want to share my experience but am open to any suggestions in case I must re-apply Outland myself.
I’m an Australian and came to Canada in June 2016 to take care of my 2 sons who at the time had to register to a High School and a University in Canada. I hired an immigration lawyer to get a spousal sponsorship visa in December 2016. My husband, who is Canadian and is my sponsor, lives in Thailand on his own. I got my work permit which expires in March 2019.
After all the efforts and time and money spent for this visa, I got a refusal and I am really dissapointed and frustrated. The reason for the visa rejected by CIC is because we failed to proof them our cohabitation. My husband has visited us 2 times since I moved to Canada to celebrate Christmas and New Year. We have sent all the requirements CIC asked for even sent them a letter from my husband stating that he has to live in Thailand to make money so he can support the kids and myself in Canada. Also he stated that he is coming back to live in Canada sometimes in the future. The lawyer said even though he lives in Thailand it should have not been an issue to apply Outland while I am already in Canada. I don’t know what cohabitate means to CIC but according to my lawyer my husband and I have showed it to him, so he was positive that CIC would accept the application. FYI, we have been married for 25 years. Unfortunately this leaves all of us including the lawyer a question on why it is rejected.
I would love to hear any positive thoughts and hopefully suggestions.
Thanks for reading.
Hello Inisaya,

It is really frustrating if any one applies and refuses. I can suggest you two things-------

First one you can reapply.

Second you can apply for express entry. You have job experience and I think it will easy for you get visa.

In the immigration interview process nobody can say what will happen next.

The visa office refuses you because you cannot proof your cohabitation.

If you reapply for the same visa I can give you some suggestion----------------

1. Communication proof as much you have like 1000 or 2000.

2. Money transfer receipt.

3. Picture of every occasion.

4. If you husband live in Thailand in this situation you must go to Thailand and you should time spend with your husband.

5. You reapply and the visa office gives you an interview date again. In this situation take your husband with you in the interview day. It will strong your case.

6. The most important thing you should prepare yourself how you will represent yourself in the interview day.

I know you are married 25years but if you are not confident and comfortable in the interview day that can be reason of your refuse. Today I share the US visa interview and I noticed that if you are not confident and not enough strong in your question answer they will try to find something wrong with you.

My only one advice tries to prepare yourself for your next interview. Never think all over. I know you can do better your previous experience.

Regards

Farhana

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
i seen ppl get it in a week to 11 days

my wife name is Farha, very similar name to yours
sponsoring my wife also from Bangladesh
hope they ask for it soon.
Hello ojofar,
Congratulation for your wife interview success. I know some people get their passport request within 11 days but some time it can be delay for passport request. The only reason lots of people are interview the same time. I can write you the same thing like you wife can get passport request with in 11 days. but if you will not get the passport request with in 11 days, you will feel panic. In my case I got my passport request within 9 days and got back my passport 1 month later. I was too much panic that time. In my study I see that people get their passport sometime 11 days or 1 month or 2 months later.

Hopefully you will get your wife passport request very soon.

Regards
Farhana

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018
Hello mickey,
you are welcome. If you have any question you can ask me.

Regards
Farhana
Hi Farhana, I just re-read my applications and i think i made an error for the question in form IMM5532- no.8 “was your marriage arranged”, i ticked “yes” with the understanding that “arranged” means “organized”. At the box below i described that my marriage organized at Palace de Justice of xxx on xxxx by officer xxx and witness xxxx (in canada), and name of friends, family members, etc.

Arranged here meaning what please? Means 2 stranged persons to meet and marriage at first sight? Does it cause a big issue for me?

Thank you very much

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hi Farhana, I just re-read my applications and i think i made an error for the question in form IMM5532- no.8 “was your marriage arranged”, i ticked “yes” with the understanding that “arranged” means “organized”. At the box below i described that my marriage organized at Palace de Justice of xxx on xxxx by officer xxx and witness xxxx (in canada), and name of friends, family members, etc.

Arranged here meaning what please? Means 2 stranged persons to meet and marriage at first sight? Does it cause a big issue for me?

Thank you very much
Arranged would mean that your family, or someone else, picked your husband without you having a relationship with him, that sort of arrangement. The other way around too. I believe it would cause an issue for you, you need to tell the VO about the mistake, and do that as soon as possible.

Reactions: Mickey12342018
Feb 6, 2018
Arranged would mean that your family, or someone else, picked your husband without you having a relationship with him, that sort of arrangement. The other way around too. I believe it would cause an issue for you, you need to tell the VO about the mistake, and do that as soon as possible.
Dear Andrew, do you have the contact of Vo in singapore so I can write to him?

Thanks much

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016

Thank you very much
Hello mickey,

Sorry for late reply. Today I have lots of work pressure in my work place. First I want to know from you ----------

Are your marriage love and arrange.

Are you do any ceremony in your marriage?

Are both side parents present in the ceremony?

I need your detail .

Regars
Farhana

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018
Hello mickey,

Sorry for late reply. Today I have lots of work pressure in my work place. First I want to know from you ----------

Are your marriage love and arrange.

Are you do any ceremony in your marriage?

Are both side parents present in the ceremony?

I need your detail .

Regars
Farhana
Hi Farhana, thank you very much for your kindness

Yes my marriage is from love. About “arrange”, my thought at that time it meant “organized” so I ticked “yes”. My husband missed to check this point, and documents sent.

We did at the Palace in Canada, at his side we had his sister and brother in law, his brother and wife of his brother, his nieces, his uncle and auntie, his friends. At my side I had my 2 children with me

His parents passed away, my father passed, my mother is 80 and too old for long flight from VN to canada

After the formal wedding at the Palace, we all went to a restaurant for a dinning

I provided all photos, at the Palace, at the restaurant

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016

Yes my marriage is from love. About “arrange”, my thought at that time it meant “organized” so I ticked “yes”. My husband missed to check this point, and documents sent.

We did at the Palace in Canada, at his side we had his sister and brother in law, his brother and wife of his brother, his nieces, his uncle and auntie, his friends. At my side I had my 2 children with me

His parents passed away, my father passed, my mother is 80 and too old for long flight from VN to canada

After the formal wedding at the Palace, we all went to a restaurant for a dinning

Hello Mickey,

You can send your Correction IMM5532 from with one cover letter to the Singapore visa office. You can send your application form by DHL or FedEx.

The cover letter is below

Date: day –month-year
High Commission of Canada in Singapore
One George Street, #11-01
Singapore 049145

Attention:- Immigration Section

File No: - --------------------------------

UCI: - ---------------------------------------

Subject:- Honest mistake about my IMM5532 application form.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I (your name, Client Id# ----------) would like to inform you about my mistake of IMM5532 application form . I applied for permanent residence in Canada month year. My marriage is not arranged but mistakenly I thick number 8 that my marriage is arrange. Attached please my correction form IMM5532 for my visa application.

You can contact with me by email also. My email id is -------------@yahoo. Sir, we will be very thankful to you if you process our case on the fast track so then we can be live together as one happy family.

Best regards,
Your name

If you want to email Singapore visa office you can use this email address--------

spore.immigration@international.gc.ca

But if this situation happens to me I will prefer to send my correction form to the visa office. Its up to you what you want to do.

After I finished my work I just thinking about your case actually what should you do. Then I find this solution.

I try to help all applicant because may be in my life I will never forget those days when I was in your situation.

Regards

Farhana

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018

Hello Mickey,

You can send your Correction IMM5532 from with one cover letter to the Singapore visa office. You can send your application form by DHL or FedEx.

The cover letter is below

Date: day –month-year
High Commission of Canada in Singapore
One George Street, #11-01
Singapore 049145

Attention:- Immigration Section

File No: - --------------------------------

UCI: - ---------------------------------------

Subject:- Honest mistake about my IMM5532 application form.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I (your name, Client Id# ----------) would like to get some information about my mistake of IMM5532 application form . I applied for permanent residence in Canada month year. My marriage is not arranged but mistakenly I thick number 8 that my marriage is arrange. Attached please my correction form IMM5532 for my visa application.

You can contact with me by email also. My email id is -------------@yahoo. Sir, we will be very thankful to you if you process our case on the fast track so then we can be live together as one happy family.

Best regards,
Your name

If you want to email Singapore visa office you can use this email address--------

spore.immigration@international.gc.ca

But if this situation happens to me I will prefer to send my correction form to the visa office. Its up to you what you want to do.

After I finished my work I just thinking about your case actually what should you do. Then I find this solution.

I try to help all applicant because may be in my life I will never forget those days when I was in your situation.

Regards

Farhana
thank you very much Farhana. Yes I will do as per your advice

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Dear all.
I just found this thread right after my visa application has been rejected.. today!
I just want to share my experience but am open to any suggestions in case I must re-apply Outland myself.
I’m an Australian and came to Canada in June 2016 to take care of my 2 sons who at the time had to register to a High School and a University in Canada. I hired an immigration lawyer to get a spousal sponsorship visa in December 2016. My husband, who is Canadian and is my sponsor, lives in Thailand on his own. I got my work permit which expires in March 2019.
After all the efforts and time and money spent for this visa, I got a refusal and I am really dissapointed and frustrated. The reason for the visa rejected by CIC is because we failed to proof them our cohabitation. My husband has visited us 2 times since I moved to Canada to celebrate Christmas and New Year. We have sent all the requirements CIC asked for even sent them a letter from my husband stating that he has to live in Thailand to make money so he can support the kids and myself in Canada. Also he stated that he is coming back to live in Canada sometimes in the future. The lawyer said even though he lives in Thailand it should have not been an issue to apply Outland while I am already in Canada. I don’t know what cohabitate means to CIC but according to my lawyer my husband and I have showed it to him, so he was positive that CIC would accept the application. FYI, we have been married for 25 years. Unfortunately this leaves all of us including the lawyer a question on why it is rejected.
I would love to hear any positive thoughts and hopefully suggestions.
Thanks for reading.
Your husband is a Canadian citizen living abroad and you're married for 25 years with two Canadian children. CIC most probably rejected your application because of the sponsor's uncertain intention (i.e. timeline) to move back to Canada to live with his family. It would have been a very easy approval had your husband moved back to Canada and stayed during the entire processing time. I think you may reapply once your husband moves back to Canada under a fresh inland application (substantiated by all solid proofs and evidences). Otherwise he has to prove that he will move to Canada immediately as soon as your application is approved by CIC.

This is however a temporary setback for you and hopefully with correct approach you will get your PR visa in the near future.

Hasan

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Dear all,

Today I receive my passport from Canada post. The USA visa office give me 10 years USA tourist visa

I am very happy for this.

Reards
Farhana

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear all,

Today I receive my passport from Canada post. The USA visa office give me 10 years USA tourist visa

I am very happy for this.

Reards
Farhana
Congratulations, how did you get visit visa for such long periods?

NGE

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2012
Dear All,

I need your good suggestion. I am Canadian Citizen, got married August,2017 and sent Sponsorship application in Mississauga January 2018 for my wife. By this time my wife is pregnant.

Now, we both wants our baby born in Canada. Can any one tell me what is the procedure? or any valuable suggestion would be appreciable.

Thanks

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
Does anyone know what this message exactly means?

I had my interview February 5th and the officer was satisfied with our marriage. The VO said we will start your security and in the mean time you can do your medical. So last week I sent an email that I still did not receive the medical request. I got the answer below.

Your application is undergoing an assessment of the information you provided. We cannot provide a time frame as to when the assessment will be completed. However, we will contact you as soon as we have further information.

Reactions: balkan17