+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Is it fine Having interpreter at interview ?
I mean if your english is not much good ?
When my husband was interviewed, he was given the choice to have an interpreter or not. He chose to have the interpreter because his English is not very strong. The interview is so important and you need to be able to explain and express yourself as clearly as possible.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Hi Farhana, and All, could you please help.
CIC sent the documents (might be evidences) by mail to my husband’s address. Unfortunately he was travelling during that time, he come to visit me for 1 month. The post office hold the package for 2 weeks and returned it back to the sender, just 2 days before my husband was back home. What should I do please? Should i send email to them to explain and ask them to resend the package? Will it delayed the interview schedule?

Thank you very much
Hello Mickey,

You should email visa office with explain that you did not receive the package. I think it will solve your problem.

Regards
Farhana

Reactions: Mickey12342018

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
When my husband was interviewed, he was given the choice to have an interpreter or not. He chose to have the interpreter because his English is not very strong. The interview is so important and you need to be able to explain and express yourself as clearly as possible.
Hello faithy,
How is your husband interview? Can you share the experience of the interview.
Regards
Farhana

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hello faithy,
How is your husband interview? Can you share the experience of the interview.
Regards
Farhana
My husband's interview was in February in Port-au-prince, Haiti. He received a phone call on a Monday morning, and was asked to come on Thursday morning. He needed to bring, more wedding photos, proof of our communication, and all stamped pages from MY passport showing I had visited him....which I had, 5 times since our wedding last April. I put everything together and flew down 2 days later to attend with him. I brought a list of potential questions, and we practiced a bit the night before going to the embassy. On the Thursday morning, we attended the interview at the embassy. My husband was interviewed by a French Canadian woman, and had a Creole interpreter present. He was in the room at least 30-40 minutes and I stayed in the waiting area. He then called me in and the officer asked if she could talk to me and I had no problem with that. She asked me most of the same questions she had already asked him. At the end she was satisfied the marriage was genuine, but there was a couple more things he needed to provide before she would grant the visa. (DNA test for the oldest daughter, and the consent form from the mother of his youngest daughter).

Just to add, I know it is not required for the sponsor to attend, and it's not always possible. In our case it made a BIG difference. My husband answered all the officers questions, and he gave very thorough responses...i could hear him talking through the door! But, she still told him she was not satisfied the marriage was genunine. She was very surprised to hear I was at the embassy also, and had flown down in such short notice. Getting to speak to me made a huge difference I believe.

Taj23

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
July 19,2017
AOR Received.
October 20,2017
File Transfer...
October 12,2017
Med's Done....
September
Interview........
23-03-2018 but cancelled, rescheduling skype interview.
Hello Guys, do you guys have any info on how do Skype interviews work? Do they still need any documents? The Skype interview is confirmed but the date is not finalized yet. But I just wanted to have an idea . Please let me know if anyone has an idea. Thank you.

Blackstar67

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
My husband's interview was in February in Port-au-prince, Haiti. He received a phone call on a Monday morning, and was asked to come on Thursday morning. He needed to bring, more wedding photos, proof of our communication, and all stamped pages from MY passport showing I had visited him....which I had, 5 times since our wedding last April. I put everything together and flew down 2 days later to attend with him. I brought a list of potential questions, and we practiced a bit the night before going to the embassy. On the Thursday morning, we attended the interview at the embassy. My husband was interviewed by a French Canadian woman, and had a Creole interpreter present. He was in the room at least 30-40 minutes and I stayed in the waiting area. He then called me in and the officer asked if she could talk to me and I had no problem with that. She asked me most of the same questions she had already asked him. At the end she was satisfied the marriage was genuine, but there was a couple more things he needed to provide before she would grant the visa. (DNA test for the oldest daughter, and the consent form from the mother of his youngest daughter).

Just to add, I know it is not required for the sponsor to attend, and it's not always possible. In our case it made a BIG difference. My husband answered all the officers questions, and he gave very thorough responses...i could hear him talking through the door! But, she still told him she was not satisfied the marriage was genunine. She was very surprised to hear I was at the embassy also, and had flown down in such short notice. Getting to speak to me made a huge difference I believe.

Hello i was reading your post but do have a similar condition. Did they provide the interpreter for you or you had to bring your own interpreter. And also was your husband kids coming along to Canada. Thanks. Why did they request a consent form because i am in a similar condition .

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hello i was reading your post but do have a similar condition. Did they provide the interpreter for you or you had to bring your own interpreter. And also was your husband kids coming along to Canada. Thanks. Why did they request a consent form because i am in a similar condition .
He had the choice to have an interpreter in French or Creole. He chose Creole and they provided the interpreter.

Yes, my husband's 2 daughters are coming to Canada the same time as him.

The consent form is one that needs to be signed by the other parent of any child who will be accompanying the applicant to Canada. We provided one with our original application, but the mother's identification wasn't government issued. She did the form again but used her National Identity Card the second time.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016

Thank you

Reactions: faithey

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Is it fine Having interpreter at interview ?
I mean if your english is not much good ?
If you are not confident about understanding English clearly, you may opt for the interpreter. Arrangement varies from VO to VO. For example, the interviewer is always accompanied by an interpreter in Bangladesh as far as I remember.

Hasan

Last edited:

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Is it spousal application forum for Bangladeshi applicants.
No. This thread was created to help forum members from any country to prepare well for the spousal sponsorship interview.

Hasan

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Is it spousal application forum for Bangladeshi applicants.
Hello Zinatafrin,
This forum only help to prepare spousal interview. If you read the previous post you will find some Bangladeshi applicant interview story.

Regards
Farhana

Reactions: Moltoto

Moltoto

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
@farhana766 Today is my due date to the interview according to my GCMS notes.. and nothing happened.. no emails or updates on my ecas telling when my interview will be held.. do you hv any experience what's going on !! Or what I should do in this stage !! Or how long will my interview take to be held!!