+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

Tarik79

Feb 1, 2018
Hello traik,

I think “NEXT STEP” is positive. There is nothing to worry. In my case the VO said to my husband next step. After few days later I got my re medical email from VO.You have to wait for VO email.

Regards

Farhana
Good morning sister Farhana. Thank you very much for such good motivation for me . I hope so . God bless you and InshaAllah everything will be ok with everybody here . Amin

Feb 6, 2018
Dear everyone, could you pls consult my case.
I am sponsored person from vietnam. My husband is a native canadian. I got passed medical exam. 1 month after that I received an email from singapore visa office to inform me simply in 2 sentences that the file is in interview waiting queue and they will contact me if an interview date has been scheduled. I have not received back the evidences and photos yet.
About our relationship: we have entered into relationship for 3 years till now, and married last year. I have 2 children and this is my second marriage. I met my husband 3 years after my divorce. He was in a relationship (not married) for 19 years, and it was ended 5 years before he met me. The thing is we haven’t lived together yet, no rely to each other financials, he doesn’t need to send me money and neither do I. We are travelling with each other, he comes to VN 2-3 times per year and I come there about 2 times per year. So we don’t have evidence of financial supports.

Do you know normally when they will come back to inform the interview date?

Thank you very much

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Dear everyone, could you pls consult my case.
I am sponsored person from vietnam. My husband is a native canadian. I got passed medical exam. 1 month after that I received an email from singapore visa office to inform me simply in 2 sentences that the file is in interview waiting queue and they will contact me if an interview date has been scheduled. I have not received back the evidences and photos yet.
About our relationship: we have entered into relationship for 3 years till now, and married last year. I have 2 children and this is my second marriage. I met my husband 3 years after my divorce. He was in a relationship (not married) for 19 years, and it was ended 5 years before he met me. The thing is we haven’t lived together yet, no rely to each other financials, he doesn’t need to send me money and neither do I. We are travelling with each other, he comes to VN 2-3 times per year and I come there about 2 times per year. So we don’t have evidence of financial supports.

Do you know normally when they will come back to inform the interview date?

Thank you very much
Hello mickey,

Now a day’s interview is a quick process. May be you will get your interview date with in 6 or 5 months later. Everything is depends on visa office.

I have some question to you because I am not clear some points.

“Your husband come Vietnam 2 or 3 times year and you also where” its not clear to me.

If you have no financial documents but you have communication proof .

Do you have gift receipt which your husband gave you?

You need to very well prepare for your interview. The interview is never just hi and hello.

Your interview depends on your question answer. Some cases the interview is very difficult and some cases the interview is very easy. The Immigration officer must ask you about past marriage history.

Even they will ask you about your husband previous relationship. So you have to answer all this questions very well.

I can share you one story ------------

One applicant went for her interview. The Immigration officer asks her why you marry him.

The applicant Answer: I marry him because my children need a father that’s why I marry him.

The immigration officer refuses her.

Then the applicant reapply again and then second time she got visa.

So question answer is very important how you represent yourself to the immigration officer.

The immigration officer will not see your emotion they just see your confident.

So try to know your husband each and every information.

If you have any question you can ask me……………….

Regards

Farhana

Reactions: Mickey12342018

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Good morning sister Farhana. Thank you very much for such good motivation for me . I hope so . God bless you and InshaAllah everything will be ok with everybody here . Amin
Thank you.......................

Feb 6, 2018
Hello mickey,

Now a day’s interview is a quick process. May be you will get your interview date with in 6 or 5 months later. Everything is depends on visa office.

“Your husband come Vietnam 2 or 3 times year and you also where” its not clear to me.

You need to very well prepare for your interview. The interview is never just hi and hello.

Your interview depends on your question answer. Some cases the interview is very difficult and some cases the interview is very easy. The Immigration officer must ask you about past marriage history.

Even they will ask you about your husband previous relationship. So you have to answer all this questions very well.

One applicant went for her interview. The Immigration officer asks her why you marry him.

The applicant Answer: I marry him because my children need a father that’s why I marry him.

So question answer is very important how you represent yourself to the immigration officer.

Regards

Farhana
Dear Farhana, thank you very much. About your question, it means my husband comes to VN to visit me about 2-3 times during a year and I come to canada to see him 2 times per year by visitor visa. I got visitor visa since few years ago for the entired passport validity.

Feb 6, 2018
Hello mickey,

Regards

Farhana
Dear Farhana, about the gifts, there were flowers, souvenirs, etc and unfortunately i did not keep the receipts. I just have pictures of flowers, and are keeping souvenirs at my home. Same with him, souvenirs from me he put at his home...

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Dear Farhana, about the gifts, there were flowers, souvenirs, etc and unfortunately i did not keep the receipts. I just have pictures of flowers, and are keeping souvenirs at my home. Same with him, souvenirs from me he put at his home...
Hello Mickey,

This is very positive thing that your husband visits with you 2 or 3 times a year and you also visit with your husband in Canada. You have to remember how many times you visit with your husband I mean date and how many month you stayed with your husband. The same thing how many times your husband visits with you (month and date).

In the interview process the most important thing is your applicant story. The immigration officer will ask you the question from your application story. So the answer should be match with your application story. Never try to hide anything from visa office. If visa office find out it will reason of your refuse.

Regards

Farhana

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
hi my wife had her interview 23 Jan
Ecas Updated DM on - Feb 01
Gckey updated - Background check in progress

How long until they request passport?

applicant
March 21
April 04 - Sponsor approved
April 05 - upload Schedule A
May 26 - application send to Singapore
June 11 - medical passed
June 15 - interview required
Jan 23 - interview completed
Feb 1 - DM
feb - 2 - pre Arrival letter

Reactions: Lia77

Inisaya

Feb 8, 2018
Dear all.
I just found this thread right after my visa application has been rejected.. today!
I just want to share my experience but am open to any suggestions in case I must re-apply Outland myself.
I’m an Australian and came to Canada in June 2016 to take care of my 2 sons who at the time had to register to a High School and a University in Canada. I hired an immigration lawyer to get a spousal sponsorship visa in December 2016. My husband, who is Canadian and is my sponsor, lives in Thailand on his own. I got my work permit which expires in March 2019.
After all the efforts and time and money spent for this visa, I got a refusal and I am really dissapointed and frustrated. The reason for the visa rejected by CIC is because we failed to proof them our cohabitation. My husband has visited us 2 times since I moved to Canada to celebrate Christmas and New Year. We have sent all the requirements CIC asked for even sent them a letter from my husband stating that he has to live in Thailand to make money so he can support the kids and myself in Canada. Also he stated that he is coming back to live in Canada sometimes in the future. The lawyer said even though he lives in Thailand it should have not been an issue to apply Outland while I am already in Canada. I don’t know what cohabitate means to CIC but according to my lawyer my husband and I have showed it to him, so he was positive that CIC would accept the application. FYI, we have been married for 25 years. Unfortunately this leaves all of us including the lawyer a question on why it is rejected.
I would love to hear any positive thoughts and hopefully suggestions.
Thanks for reading.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Dear all,

I would like to share my US visa interview experience. Today I faced US visa interview. If anyone planning to go US tourist visa I think it will help them. I know this forum is not the US visa interview page. But I share my interview because every visa interview is similar that why I like to share my interview.

Today I went to US visa office. First line they check my confirmation letter, PR card and passport. Then I went to second line for finger print and the third line was interview line. I was waiting for the interview. I saw there were four immigration officers who took interview the applicant. I saw some officer question type was polite; some officer question type was lengthy. I was observing the situation what was going with every applicant. I saw one lady immigrant officer question each and everything. That time I was thinking I don’t face that lady immigration officer. I know the lady immigration officer may be questioning me tough.

But unfortunately I faced the lady immigration officer. First she asks for my passport. Then the immigration officer ask me -------

1.Do you apply US visa before?

I said--------- This is my first time I apply for the visa.

2. The officer ask me------

I see my system you apply before.

I said--- Once upon a time my sister applies for me in 2010.

3. The immigration officer ask me—

Why you not petition the visa again.

I said --- I don’t petition because I Got married and my husband is Canadian citizen.

3. The immigration officer ask me-----------

I see my system that you apply for DV visa.

I said-------No I never apply for DV visa.

4. The officer said-------- No I see my system. Are you sure you not apply.

I said -------I am 100% sure I don’t apply

This part is very difficult situation because I have to proof myself that I never apply for this type of visa. I all the time eye contract with the immigration officer and I tried to answer smiling.

I know she doubt me and that is not true. Every time I confidently told her that I never apply for DV visa.

5. The immigration officer said--------Your name is common that’s why I see your name.

I said-----------May be

6. The immigration officer asks me-------what you do.

I said ------------I work at Tim Horton’s.

7. The immigration officer said--------- which year you start your job and when you finish your job.

I said ---------last year 2016 November I joined Tim Horton’s and still I am working there.

8. What your husbands do?

I said ---------my husband does CPA and part time job.

9. The immigration officer said--------Your husband is PR or citizen?

I said -----he is citizen.

10.The immigration officer said –You are citizen or PR card holder?

I said------I am PR card holder.

11. The immigration officer said-------------Which city you born?

I said -------Dhaka Bangladesh.

12.The immigration officer ask………… Are you born in Montreal?

I said her NO I am born in Dhaka city.

13. The officer said----Do you have children.

I said-------I have no children.

14. The immigration officer said………. do you have parents or sister in Canada.

I said -------------no

15. The immigration officer said------Where your husband lives?

I said------My husband lives in Canada.

16. The immigration officer ask me--------Why you want to go US?

I said------------this coming march my mother will come US that’s why I want to go US.

The immigration officer was typing all. I all the time eye contact with her. Lastly the immigration officer said you are approved for US visa and gave me one paper and the officer kept my passport with her,.

I share this interview because every interview has some difficult question and you have to faced it and confidently answer all the question answer. I never ever apply DV visa but she several time wants to confused me and she try to see what I answer. My sister applies for me I know that and I write in my application form. Now I think If I am not inform visa office my sister apply me. May be it will reason of my refuse.SO I request all the applicant all the time write the true thing in your application and never try to hide anything.

When I apply my US visa application I ask my sister is it necessary to inform the visa office that she applies for me once upon a time. My sister said no. My sister applies for me 7 years ago. But I feel I should write my sister applies for me and I did not pursue.

Each and everything is important for visa apply.

Regards

Farhana

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018
Hello Mickey,

This is very positive thing that your husband visits with you 2 or 3 times a year and you also visit with your husband in Canada. You have to remember how many times you visit with your husband I mean date and how many month you stayed with your husband. The same thing how many times your husband visits with you (month and date).

In the interview process the most important thing is your applicant story. The immigration officer will ask you the question from your application story. So the answer should be match with your application story. Never try to hide anything from visa office. If visa office find out it will reason of your refuse.

Regards

Farhana

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
hi my wife had her interview 23 Jan
Ecas Updated DM on - Feb 01
Gckey updated - Background check in progress

How long until they request passport?

applicant
March 21
April 04 - Sponsor approved
April 05 - upload Schedule A
May 26 - application send to Singapore
June 11 - medical passed
June 15 - interview required
Jan 23 - interview completed
Feb 1 - DM
feb - 2 - pre Arrival letter
Hello ojofar,

Minimum 1 month for the passport request. If you not get you passport request within one month that means you will get your passport request with in 2 months.

Regards
Farhana

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Hello ojofar,

Minimum 1 month for the passport request. If you not get you passport request within one month that means you will get your passport request with in 2 months.

Regards
Farhana
i seen ppl get it in a week to 11 days

my wife name is Farha, very similar name to yours
sponsoring my wife also from Bangladesh
hope they ask for it soon.