25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hi everyone,

We are January 25, 2017 applicants. My partner has been in queue for an interview since November 14, 2017 and yesterday, we were told by my MP's office that our file had been transferred from the VO in Mexico City to the VO in Buenos Aires. The purpose of doing this was so an interview can be scheduled as my partner is from Chile and the VO in Santiago was closed a few years ago. I assume the interview will take place in Buenos Aires.

Having had this happen, I have a ton of questions as to what will happen next, as I don't know anyone else who has gone through this.

1) Do you think they will take a long time reviewing our file again, as it's a new visa office? Our criminality review was still in progress as of yesterday (started on February 22, 2017; My partner's PCC from Chile expired (1 year mark) on November 14, 2017) and they never asked us to send in a new one). Our security review had not started as of yesterday.

2) Is it worth it to order GCMS notes again? If so when? As of December 11, 2017 (my 4th set of GCMS notes and after we were put into the interview queue), no concerns were specifically listed by the Visa Officers in Mexico City ... they only summarized our relationship on May 26, 2017 and listed all the proof of evidence of relationship that we provided without any subjective comments. I tried to get my MP to find out the reasons (even though we knew our red flags - large age gap and applying a few years after we became common-law (long story)). However, his assistant insisted that everyone gets interviewed, so she said that it is pointless to ask.

3) In the event we do actually and finally get the interview done and if we are approved, will they send our application back to Mexico City for PPR/CoPR issuance or do you think it will all be done in Buenos Aires?

If anyone can provide any insights into these questions, I would really appreciate it!

Cheers!

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
3) In the event we do actually and finally get the interview done and if we are approved, will they send our application back to Mexico City for PPR/CoPR issuance or do you think it will all be done in Buenos Aires?
I am not sure, but I remember that when Colombia was taking applicants from Ecuador, the interview would be done in Ecuador but the processing would still be in Colombia. It would probably be the same for you, so after the interview it would continue processing in Mexico. Given that you are asking for opinions, it's hard to have facts. I would think it wouldn't take too long to figure out what to ask during the interview, but at this point I'm only sure of one thing about this process: it takes quite some time and anything can take way more time than it should.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I am not sure, but I remember that when Colombia was taking applicants from Ecuador, the interview would be done in Ecuador but the processing would still be in Colombia. It would probably be the same for you, so after the interview it would continue processing in Mexico. Given that you are asking for opinions, it's hard to have facts. I would think it wouldn't take too long to figure out what to ask during the interview, but at this point I'm only sure of one thing about this process: it takes quite some time and anything can take way more time than it should.
At this point, I am just looking for opinions as I have not seen anyone go through this and even asked on FB etc, but no one can offer insights so any new ideas is still of help my psyche as I am in this state where I think that this might even take another year to get all this done and transferring back and forth between VO's and knowing that Mexico takes forever to do anything. Looks like my partner might have to redo medical if this goes past May ....

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
At this point, I am just looking for opinions as I have not seen anyone go through this and even asked on FB etc, but no one can offer insights so any new ideas is still of help my psyche as I am in this state where I think that this might even take another year to get all this done and transferring back and forth between VO's and knowing that Mexico takes forever to do anything. Looks like my partner might have to redo medical if this goes past May ....
Yeah I hear you. I get very anxious and stressed out myself really bad sometimes. Even though I am at the very final step, I'm pretty much more anxious than ever, and quite desperate. It's been almost 7 months since I saw my wife in person. I cry almost every day (men cry too!), and is still really hard. I can't imagine what I would have done if it had taken a year. I am very lucky my VO is quite fast, although I'm very unlucky in other aspects of life. I do think that your file will keep being processed in Mexico, but I have some sort of good news for you. If your partner passes the interview, they look at the criminality/background and medical. If he has passed those already, they have nothing left but to issue the visa and COPR. That is in their manual. In my case they followed their manual exactly as it is written. After interview they did my background check, then once that was passed, medical exam. Now just waiting for the COPR. Just last Monday I passed my medical exam, so I am hoping I will get dm this following week. In Colombia they would only take one day to mail it to me, since the company that they use for mailing delivers stuff the next business day. I don't believe in god or anything but I even feel like praying now.

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Yeah I hear you. I get very anxious and stressed out myself really bad sometimes. Even though I am at the very final step, I'm pretty much more anxious than ever, and quite desperate. It's been almost 7 months since I saw my wife in person. I cry almost every day (men cry too!), and is still really hard. I can't imagine what I would have done if it had taken a year. I am very lucky my VO is quite fast, although I'm very unlucky in other aspects of life. I do think that your file will keep being processed in Mexico, but I have some sort of good news for you. If your partner passes the interview, they look at the criminality/background and medical. If he has passed those already, they have nothing left but to issue the visa and COPR. That is in their manual. In my case they followed their manual exactly as it is written. After interview they did my background check, then once that was passed, medical exam. Now just waiting for the COPR. Just last Monday I passed my medical exam, so I am hoping I will get dm this following week. In Colombia they would only take one day to mail it to me, since the company that they use for mailing delivers stuff the next business day. I don't believe in god or anything but I even feel like praying now.
Hey,
I am curious to know; did you only get your medical request after the interview? Or were you required to submit one shortly after receiving AOR1? I'm asking because it appears the pattern is for folks to get the MR pretty early on in the process,but we only got ours a couple weeks ago (Sept applicant, Mexico VO- so almost 5 months down the line waaay after AOR2). You seem to have followed a similar trajectory, with MR coming much later. I'm just curious if I have this correct?
Thanks again, you are close to the finish line!!

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hey,
I am curious to know; did you only get your medical request after the interview? Or were you required to submit one shortly after receiving AOR1? I'm asking because it appears the pattern is for folks to get the MR pretty early on in the process,but we only got ours a couple weeks ago (Sept applicant, Mexico VO- so almost 5 months down the line waaay after AOR2). You seem to have followed a similar trajectory, with MR coming much later. I'm just curious if I have this correct?
Thanks again, you are close to the finish line!!
Yes they just requested my medical exam on January 2nd, 4 months after AOR1. Some get the medical request early on and from Mississauga, some get it from the local VO. I think most people get it from Mississauga though, early on in the process.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I am not even going to wager a guess as to whether we will get approved after the interview and if so how long the background check will take to get done as they have not passed anything even though they started things long ago. Everything I thought was going to happen a certain way did not end up being like that, so I have thrown out all expectations I have about this process.

Sorry about your situation too. We are all suffering not being able to see our spouses! Since August 2013, when my partner had to go back to Chile, we have been on this roller coaster ride of being together then have to say goodbye. I just wish it would end at some point. For now, we still are not there yet, so have to keep chugging along. I guess our fate is such that our path to be together is going to be filled with some more twists and turns in the road and we will have to just navigate through them some more until hopefully we see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm not religious either, but I'll pray for you to get your DM next week (you are almost at the finish line!) and everyone else here to have a quick end to this unpleasant journey!

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Yes they just requested my medical exam on January 2nd, 4 months after AOR1. Some get the medical request early on and from Mississauga, some get it from the local VO. I think most people get it from Mississauga though, early on in the process.
Interesting, thanks.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi i,m new on this site.i want to share something u guys.i done my spousal medical on 20 dec 17 in dhaka ,Bangladesh .and week letter cic website shows medical have been received. Yet no news from them.also they sent me letter on 14 dec for med request and they said they sent back everything on my address and week later
I recived everything what they sent me by register mail.here below

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please follow the steps below so that we can continue processing your application.

COMPLETE A MEDICAL EXAMINATION:

þ Within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter, a medical examination must be completed by:

1. you

Please follow the instructions sent to you in a separate e-mail message. When you go for your appointment with the Panel Physician, you must bring proof of your identity (government-issued ID card or passport).

If you are unable to comply with one or more of our requests, please provide a detailed explanation. All documents that are not in either English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation. It is your responsibility to notify this office of any change in your address, contact numbers, marital status, family configuration, or employment or educational status. We will advise you of any other requirements, but we are NOT able to respond to requests for information on the routine progress of your application.

You must comply with the above requirements within thirty days (30) from the date of this letter. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in the refusal of your application.

Note: We are returning the original documents/photos you submitted in support of your relationship with your sponsor via Registered mail.

Now my question how long does it to get call for passport request and are they call me for interview

There is no specific timeline to receive PPR after medical examination as each case is unique in nature. You may however expect within 2/3 months if everything is okey. Why don't you collect GCMS notes on your application! That will give you some vital insights about the current status of your file.

Good luck!

Hasan

Last edited:

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Thanks for your reply
Time is really a crucial factor here. The VO isn't satisfied as apprehended by the applicant and turning around possible negative decision needs highly professional approach urgently by addressing all the unresolved issues successfully.

Hasan

Tarik79

Feb 1, 2018
Time is really a crucial factor here. The VO isn't satisfied as apprehended by the applicant and turning around possible negative decision needs highly professional approach urgently by addressing all the unresolved issues successfully.

Hasan
Brother Hassan please help me what to do ? At the end if the interview the vo said : I am really concerned about your case because it is really rare that same sponsor and applicant get divorced and remarried and I told him that it was our biggest mistake in our life when we got separated but we eat sorry so we remarried again after 3 years of divorce because we discovered that we really love each other and I didn't get married and she too didnot get married because we kept thinking of each other . After the vo heard me saying this he asked me if I want to give him any documents so I gave him Western Union receipts and mail receipts and other documents and 100 photos for me and her and our correspondence in WhatsApp 500 pages he looked at WhatsApp correspondence very fast and bring back to me and took 10 photos from the 100 ones and kept other documents with him and said : I will not make final decision now but I will inform you later about the next step . And you can go now and have a nice day . That is all brother Hassan . What do you think now ?

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Brother Hassan please help me what to do ? At the end if the interview the vo said : I am really concerned about your case because it is really rare that same sponsor and applicant get divorced and remarried and I told him that it was our biggest mistake in our life when we got separated but we eat sorry so we remarried again after 3 years of divorce because we discovered that we really love each other and I didn't get married and she too didnot get married because we kept thinking of each other . After the vo heard me saying this he asked me if I want to give him any documents so I gave him Western Union receipts and mail receipts and other documents and 100 photos for me and her and our correspondence in WhatsApp 500 pages he looked at WhatsApp correspondence very fast and bring back to me and took 10 photos from the 100 ones and kept other documents with him and said : I will not make final decision now but I will inform you later about the next step . And you can go now and have a nice day . That is all brother Hassan . What do you think now ?
I think when he asked you more documents at the end and talking about next steps sounds postive, I passed interview on end told me you want add documents and will contact you soon so seems you convinced him that’s why he asked for any documents you want to add. Inshallah kheer my brother just pray for god as all in his hands.
How long is it been now and if the BGC started yet , did you get pre arrival or anything.

Tarik79

Feb 1, 2018
I think when he asked you more documents at the end and talking about next steps sounds postive, I passed interview on end told me you want add documents and will contact you soon so seems you convinced him that’s why he asked for any documents you want to add. Inshallah kheer my brother just pray for god as all in his hands.
How long is it been now and if the BGC started yet , did you get pre arrival or anything.
Hello brother Ahmed and thanks for your reply . My interview was in 31 January so it was just a week ago.

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017