+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

D123

Mar 16, 2015
Hello Friends,

I am a permanent resident of Canada. I recently went to India for vacation and got married. I am back in Canada now, and I would like to call my wife here to stay with me. As sponshership program takes 12 months :

- Is it possible that I apply a Visitors visa for her and bring her here, and parallaly I apply for Spousal sponsorship ?
- Would she be eligible to apply for Health card if she is here in Visitors Visa ?
- What is the difference between Visitors visa and Dependent Visa ?

Please clear my confusion. Thanks a lot for yor feedback

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
D123 said:
Hello Friends,

I am a permanent resident of Canada. I recently went to India for vacation and got married. I am back in Canada now, and I would like to call my wife here to stay with me. As sponshership program takes 12 months :

- Is it possible that I apply a Visitors visa for her and bring her here, and parallaly I apply for Spousal sponsorship ?
- Would she be eligible to apply for Health card if she is here in Visitors Visa ?
- What is the difference between Visitors visa and Dependent Visa ?

Please clear my confusion. Thanks a lot for yor feedback
First you should submit a complete spousal sponsorship application. Make sure that all relationship proofs are submitted in an organised manner. Also submit ongoing communication proofs.

While your wife's spousal PR application is in process and approval from sponsor's side is done, your wife may then try for temporary resident visa (TRV) although chances for a TRV approval is very minimum.

During the process of application, try to visit your wife and stay together at least for a reasonable period if circumstances permit. That will show good bonding between two of you.

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
love(ao) said:
Here are some example question for interview which i collected from a website of a Canadian lawyer.

How did you meet?
How did the relationship develop?
Describe the first time that you met and give full particulars?
Who proposed?
When was the first proposal?
When was an engagement ring given?
When did you get the engagement ring?
When did you receive the wedding ring?
Where was the wedding ring purchased?
Did you exchange pictures before your meeting?
Where does your husband work?
What is the name of the business where he/she works?
What is his occupation?
How long has he been doing his job?
What education does he have?
Where did he work before his present job?
What city did he work in before his present job?
What city does he work in now?
How big is the city where he lives?
Where did he get his education?
How long has he been in Canada?
When did he immigrate to Canada?
When did he get his permanent residency?
What is the address where he lives?
What is his birth date?
Does he own his own home or does he rent?
Describe the home.
How many bedrooms do the home have?
Who lives in the house?
How long have the individuals been living with him?
Will it not be crowded if you move in?
Are the individuals going to remain there after you move into the home?
What do those individuals do?
Describe the scenery where Victoria is located.
Describe Vancouver Island.
Where is Victoria located in Canada?
Have you seen pictures of his home?
How many cars does you husband have?
What kind of cars are they?
What colour are they?
What are your husband’s work hours?
How many days a week does he work?
How much money does he earn?
Does he have any savings?
What is the value of his house?
How many brothers does your husband have?
How many sisters does your husband have?
Name all the brothers and sisters.
Where do they live?
Why did his relatives not come to your wedding?
What was his mother’s name?
Who sponsored your husband to Canada?
What where the circumstances under which he came to Canada?
What was the political situation he left?
What cousins of your husband did you meet at the wedding?
Who are they, what is their names, where do they live and what do they do?
How many people attended the wedding?
How many of your family attended the wedding?
Name the close relatives that attended.
Where did you go after the wedding?
Did you have a honeymoon?
What hotel did you stay in?
What restaurants did you go to?
What cities did you visit?
Did you share the same bed?
Did you have sex?
Where did you stay after the honeymoon?
Did you stay with your relatives?
What gifts did he give to you prior to your marriage?
What kind of music does your husband like?
What did you do in the days before the interview?
Are you working?
What do you do?
Where do you work?
How much money do you make being self-employed?
What times does your husband get up in the morning?
What time do you get up in the morning?
What activities do you share in common with your husband?
Describe the common activities you have shared while he has been with you
What are your personal interests?
What do you do in your spare time?
What are your husband’s personal interests?
What does he do in his spare time?
Do you love your husband?
Does he love you?
What are your plans for the future?
Do you plan to have children?
Have you had any previous physical relationships stemming from the internet?
Has your spouse had any physical relationships from the internet?
Has your spouse met any of your family? Describe when and where.
How do they get along?
When you go the Canada, what do you intend to do?
What gifts does your husband given to you?
Where did he buy the engagement ring?
Where did he buy the wedding ring?
What kind of music does your husband listen to?
What do you talk about on the telephone?
How often do you talk on the telephone?
What kind of messages to you send back and forth?
What do you talk about in those messages?
What are his favorite sports?
What are your favorite sports?
Whose computer do you use to text message?
How much money has your husband sent to you over the last two years, and when?
What type of movies do you like?
What type of movies does your husband like?
What kind of foods does your husband like?
Does he have any medical problems?
Is he allergic to any foods?
How many children do you want?
How much money do you think you need to make?
Have you talked about finances with your husband?
Have you talked about expenses?
How will the household chores be shared when you come to Canada?
Who will do the laundry?
Who will do the cooking?
Who will do the gardening?
What are some of the activities that you will have to do with your husband when you live in Canada?
Will you take English classes?
How will you travel from your home to the English class?
How far is your husband’s home from downtown Victoria?
Will you learn to drive?
Good endeavour!

+1 !

Hasan

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Katrinajohnes said:
Hello Farhana and Hasan,

My finance got SINP nomination in the month of October 2016. I have also applied for it but got ineligible. my finance's PR file is in process at CIC. Now we both want to get married but I came to know that sponsoring wife is very difficult and have to face interview. We are thinking to notify cic about our relationship and add my name in his file as common law partner. Please suggest me what would be my best option? Also suggest should we get married or common law partner thing is better option? We are in relationship for 5yrs

Hello Katrinajohnes,

Sorry for late reply. I suggest you get marry and it will not difficult your sponsorship. Interview has some reason in the Canadian spousal visa processing. Now a day people faced interview and passed. I think someone may be give you wrong information about interview. Sometime interview is easy and difficult. The reason of interview---------------

1. Second marriage
2. Different religion
3. Huge age gap
4. Education different
5. Quick marriage
6. you apply for sponsorship application but you do not submit enough relationship proof.

This is the one of the reason of interview. Sometime visa office sent interview letter without any reason to the applicant but their interview is the easy interview.

So don’t worry about interview because you wrote you have 5 years relation and I hope you have enough relation proof.

I think you both two know each other very well and share everything. Immigration officer will ask you some question which is related to your application and your family related question.

Regards

Farhana

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
Hello Farhana apa and Hassan vai , hope u all doing well. u know im still waiting for the response from svo. do u know how many times it take to ask for PPR after submitting remed and RPRF? it more than one month now no news. i found some get news within 1 week. do u think its a problem to b delayed? or can i do something? or simply wait .

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
and i have nother problem. i need to go to USA as i have an exam centre in usa. nd for this i need to stay there for a month. how can i manage of sending passport and travelling if nything happen in between? thnx

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
farhana766 said:
Hello Katrinajohnes,

Sorry for late reply. I suggest you get marry and it will not difficult your sponsorship. Interview has some reason in the Canadian spousal visa processing. Now a day people faced interview and passed. I think someone may be give you wrong information about interview. Sometime interview is easy and difficult. The reason of interview---------------

1. Second marriage
2. Different religion
3. Huge age gap
4. Education different
5. Quick marriage
6. you apply for sponsorship application but you do not submit enough relationship proof.

This is the one of the reason of interview. Sometime visa office sent interview letter without any reason to the applicant but their interview is the easy interview.

So don’t worry about interview because you wrote you have 5 years relation and I hope you have enough relation proof.

I think you both two know each other very well and share everything. Immigration officer will ask you some question which is related to your application and your family related question.

Regards

Farhana
Hi Farhana i am back to thailand stay in canada about three and half week , applied so many jobs but no feed back only Labor job were available so i return back to thailand on my previous job , will tried to find job from here , and hope fully will return in summer , how about you and hasan bahi what are you working in canada , , its really not easy to restart from 0 , tough life ahead

regard
SJGOLFER

jasraj6603

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
My interview is on feb 7,,, at ndvo wht types of documents and key things should i keep while on interview .,,al though we have a good case( as we think may be they think different) we have 8 years of age gap,.,as my wife is older.,btt apart from that we r from same field and religion and all...so wht kind of questions they can grill us on..,as i am nervous little bit ,.,plzz share any experineces??

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
jupiter16 said:
Hello Farhana apa and Hassan vai , hope u all doing well. u know im still waiting for the response from svo. do u know how many times it take to ask for PPR after submitting remed and RPRF? it more than one month now no news. i found some get news within 1 week. do u think its a problem to b delayed? or can i do something? or simply wait .
I think they will send you PPR by early February or even before.

Good Luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
jasraj6603 said:
My interview is on feb 7,,, at ndvo wht types of documents and key things should i keep while on interview .,,al though we have a good case( as we think may be they think different) we have 8 years of age gap,.,as my wife is older.,btt apart from that we r from same field and religion and all...so wht kind of questions they can grill us on..,as i am nervous little bit ,.,plzz share any experineces??
Every case is unique. But you can prepare well with numerous good suggestions and inspirations from this thread. Please go through previous pages and you will discover useful information and wonderful tips.

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
jasraj6603 said:
Hello Sjgolfer,

I replied to your PM.

As you understand, immigration rules of Canada are pretty straight forward, you must come back at your earliest to be reunited with your family in Canada and find out your next occupation eventually. If you don't find a job, you have other self employment choices including starting your own business.

Hasan

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
sjgolfer014 said:
Hi Farhana i am back to thailand stay in canada about three and half week , applied so many jobs but no feed back only Labor job were available so i return back to thailand on my previous job , will tried to find job from here , and hope fully will return in summer , how about you and hasan bahi what are you working in canada , , its really not easy to restart from 0 , tough life ahead

regard
SJGOLFER
Hello Sjgollfer,

Sorry for late reply. I know find a good job is not easy in Canada but labour job is easy and hard working. You must start from 0. I really don’t understand why you return Thailand. You know your visa is conditional. The two condition is---------

1. You must stay with your wife at least two years
2. You must stay Canada 2 years otherwise you lost your PR. In five years, you must stay in Canada 2 years.

The most important thing if you not live four years in Canada you cannot apply for Canada citizenship.

So all thing is very important. Few months ago, I send you personal message that what is labour job in detail.
My advice you must come Canada as soon as possible. You should start at labour job. I know you are not comfortable with that. Even I am not comfortable with this job but I do this type of job.

My experience in Canada job.

When I first come in Canada I know very well I must start labour job. In November I joined Tim Hortons. My first month experience was very bad. The store Canadian people(employee) could not accept me good way. They think I come from Bangladesh I have no knowledge about anything. They treat me like I am good for nothing. It feels me very bad because I think Canadian people are very good and very good mentality. If I need help some people laugh at me, it feels me bad and more uncomfortable. In December I decided to quit my job and I informed my area manager that I did not want to continue the job. But the area manager did not agree and said stay at this store because I was doing great. I stayed, second months my condition was same. When I passed 2nd month I leant everything and I feel I am comfortable. Everything here is challenging and Canadian people are very different from us. I lean many things from my job. I worked 33 hours every week and it is hard working job.

First two months my store manager did not like me but in January he is change and his behave is change.

I think you should come Canada and try to find a job . If you not come in Canada it will create great problem in future. I share my job experience because nothing here is easy. So if you think labour job is easy and you can easily adjust it will your great mistake. You should fight for your all thing. So you are wise and I think you understand everything very well.

I know many people read my writing and for all new immigrant male or female do not hesitate to start labour job and everything is tough so you have to start from 0 here.

Regared
Farhana

Boykap

Sep 7, 2016
Question All Please- Interview upcoming. If my wife is approved, after landing how long does it take for PR card to be mailed to Canadian home address; And, if she has to return to her home country for a while afterwards, can I receive her PR card? I.e., is it mailed via Canada Post, or courier, and does she have to sign for it? Or will the card just arrive in our mail box and no signature or pick up is required? Appreciate your responses. Thanks :).

preet_5771

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/7/16
AOR Received.
7/8/16
File Transfer...
8/8/16
Med's Request
Pre booked
Med's Done....
29/6/16
Interview........
21/2/17
Passport Req..
11/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
17/3/17
Hello everyone,
My interview is on 21st feb.
can i apply gsms notes now and how long it takes to get them?
Please suggest me what documents should i take with me.
My wife is 2 year younger than me,same religion,love cum arrange merriage
We were in relationship from 8-9 years and then married in 2015.
I am in Aus holding work permit.
My wife came to visit me on 8th November and she is still here with me.Should i take here with me to an interview??
I applied for manitobha PNP and it was refused at an initial stage.
Any help will be much appreciated.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Boykap said:
Question All Please- Interview upcoming. If my wife is approved, after landing how long does it take for PR card to be mailed to Canadian home address; And, if she has to return to her home country for a while afterwards, can I receive her PR card? I.e., is it mailed via Canada Post, or courier, and does she have to sign for it? Or will the card just arrive in our mail box and no signature or pick up is required? Appreciate your responses. Thanks :).
Hello boycap,

After landing in Canada your wife will get her PR card in 6 weeks and you will get your wife PR card post mail and no sign is required.

The negative side:

You will need to send your wife PR card to your wife country by DHL without PR card she cannot come Canada.

If any reason you don’t get your wife PR card in this situation you wife need to fill up form and send to CIC and CIC will again give visa to your wife. Without visa your wife cannot come Canada.

So my advice it is wise to stay Canada and after PR card she can go anywhere.

Regards
Farhana