FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY QPH ON INTERVIEW IN SINGAPORE TIME LINE:

I only ordered the GCMS after receiving the interview letter (13 months after file went to Sing) to prepare for the interview... 2 red flags:
1) My wife's divorced paper from her ex was somehow missing.
2) My date of separation with my ex was after I met my wife (that was my mistake with the year when I have to fill out so many forms...)

At the interview, they started by saying " We have a few concerns that I want to clarify..." .After we provided them with the divorce paper and show them that was my mistake filling out the form, they said: "we are now satisfied with our concerns....."

What I would have done differently:
1)Sending in more proof as soon as you have them (trips to VN...) It's very important to prove that your relationship is still going after the file was filed, fake marriage usually stops from there. At the interview, they always ask for the latest proof (within the last year)
2)Ordering the GCMS note in advance, find out what are their concerns, what are missing...then forward to them.

If I had done so.... well... 3 freaking years of waiting...

Reactions: saqibzamir

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY Jamali ON JUNE 2ND, 2014:

Hi Soblue,

wow an interview already! Paris is so quick, you're lucky.

I have no insight about this office of course, but I wanted to ask if you got the chance to request your notes? If not, do you have time to request them?

When my husband went for his interview, I wrote a letter to the VO addressing our red flags directly. When being interviewed, my husband can see the letter in the VOs hand. I think it did help. Because there was a mix up in the medicals, we waited awhile for my husband's visa and during that time, we ordered our notes again. In the notes, the VO does make mention of my letter ... so I think it was a good thing that I did write it, maybe a letter can be helpful for you as well.

Good luck to you and your husband!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Quote from: soblue3 on June 02, 2014, 01:03:13 pm
Jamali, i just would like to ask you about the letter you wrote. did you send it by mail or email and which office did you send it to. I think i should also send one..because before i submitted our application i did not realize all the red flags we had because i did not find this forum till after. So now i think maybe a good idea i send them something.

No I didn't do either .... my husband took it with him to his interview and gave it to the VO directly. The VO reviewed it in the minutes before the interview and had it in his hand when interviewing my husband.

Good luck

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Re: Singapore Visa Office- Bangladeshi Spouse Application...
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2014, 01:45:04 pm »
Quote from: meks on May 30, 2014, 01:12:54 pm
Deat Aiisha, Interview means u r in red flag. It will take long time. One yr ago i received this type of mail from svo..still i didnt get any date.....im still waiting.....just pray and ask help to ALLAH...

POSTED BY HASAN:

Get GCMS notes and send them additional papers/documents to remove red flags. Have patience.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
SVO INTERVIEW QUE:

It is reported that the applicant has to wait as long as 24 months from the date of interview letter to face the actual interview with SVO. Please share your valuable interview experience with SVO and other offices, if you can. Also please share interview waiting time. This will help others going through the long processing time and enormous mental stress! Thank you all for your kind understanding.

M

mikeymyke

I think its ridiculous that anyone has to wait almost 2 years just for an interview, and even worse that this 2 year wait time doesn't count towards the processing time of your file.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
mikeymyke said:
I think its ridiculous that anyone has to wait almost 2 years just for an interview, and even worse that this 2 year wait time doesn't count towards the processing time of your file.
Exactly Myke. That's kind of a vigorous punishment and mental jail term!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY RobsLuv :
Re: Is an interview always the case?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 05:35:42 pm »
Both my sponsor/husband and myself were previously married and we were not required to attend an interview. The interview is usually required to verify that the relationship is "genuine" - meaning that the applicant is not just using the relationship to get into Canada. Now, it's possible that - because you were previously married but your sponsor never was - and you're the one who is immigrating, they will want to verify that you're really in the relationship for love. This is especially true if you're processing through an embassy that represents a country where divorce is not generally accepted, or where it's not the cultural "norm". A lot depends on how long you've known one another and how much evidence you can provide to demonstrate the development and continuing nature of your relationship. If they do require an interview, don't panic. Just remember that they have to verify this stuff and as long as you are "legit", that will come through in the interview.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY HARMIN:

Re: Does inland interview happen in first or second stage???
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:14:13 pm »
Quote from: girlfromthenorthcountry on December 06, 2013, 05:24:53 pm
A lot of people talk of this interview where you go with proof and they ask you all these questions to prove if your relationship is genuine. Does this interview, if it happens, happen in the first stage of the application or the second stage for inland spousal sponsorship applications?? After the sponsor has been approved and the applicant has received their open work permit would any interview after that point be the one about proving the relationship or would it be a different kind of interview??
Thanks.
By HARMIN :
Interview can happen any time and at any point through ur application process ..but 80 to 90 % interview happen before AIP ..i mean before ur first stage approval ..According to my Opinion in this forum their got 10% chances only to have interview in second stage ....good luck and god bless all of us

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY SHINY:

82 Immigration Topics / Family Class Sponsorship / Re: Singapore timeline on: March 05, 2013, 03:32:12 pm
Quote from: benstu on March 05, 2013, 10:37:42 am
well do i still need to gather proofs? They called my wife for interview. And we have lots of photos of the last time I visited. Does she need to take evidence when she is going for the interview?
Yes, keep every single proofs not only picture for your spouse to present at the interview, we had every single months skype history ( i even took a picture of me with the thousands of calling cards i used in the beginning),pictures, passport stamp that i went to visit him, hotel receipts(with both name and signatures).. the more you have the better it is of course what matters the most is the answer of the question your spouse will be asked. send & tell her to print and gather proofs one by one, all togheter may cost a lot..at the last minute you may forget some important stuff, you never know what proof they can ask. exemple the officer asked my husband proof that i was pregnant>even tough they took all the proofs before interview who knows maybe they didnt see it, who knows maybe the officer wasnt satisfied until my husband showed proof of my pregnancy...so just saying... hope they dont make you wait as long as they did to us. and if you skype take some screenshots

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY Shiny:

361 Immigration Topics / Family Class Sponsorship / Re: Interview Questions.... all those who had an interview please add!! on: December 13, 2012, 11:10:43 am
Some of the question my husband was asked was:

Does your wife cook home?my husband answer both.
Then asked what is the name of the place she goes to eat?
How do you communicate with your spouse? he answered skype
Then he was asked how much it cost to use skype to communicate?
Do you have a watch?what is the time where your wife lives right now?
what is her favorite singer?
Why did you marry in very short time ?3X asked 3different way
HOw much is your spouse rent,what is included..?
What is your spouse job,how much earns?
how she goes to work?
how many hours?
How many friends does she have?why only .. friends?
whats your spouse hobby?
When you want to go to canada?

They asked more just cant remember which was yes/no questions.
The officer wanted short answer to the questions, if he wanted to explain they asked him to stop.lol

I would appreciate also if others can share their experience

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
POSTED BY Shiny, Interview Story:

Immigration Topics / Family Class Sponsorship / Re: Interview Questions.... all those who had an interview please add!! on: December 13, 2012, 02:10:49 pm
Quote from: canadianwoman on December 13, 2012, 01:40:56 pm
At our interviews, the visa officer asked the same questions over and over. For example, when she was talking to me (I am the sponsor) she kept asking me how I knew my husband would not just run away once he got to Canada. Unfortunately, the true answer is that no one could know that for sure - the visa officer's husband might have run off that very day, for all she knew. Not a good answer, though.
She kept asking my husband over and over why he wanted to marry a fat woman. His answers were perfectly fine, but the visa officer kept asking the same thing anyway.

Frankly, the best thing to prepare for the interview is to: 1. learn all you can about the sponsor's life in Canada (family, friends, previous relationships, jobs, hobbies, all about the town they live in, etc.); 2. make sure you look over the application and that your answers will be consistent with what is written there; and 3. realize that many visa officers will try to make you nervous or angry, so just keep calm, answer their questions, and don't get rattled or change your answers if they ask the same things over and over.
omg thats so rude! how they can discriminate people like that and we should just shut and accept the fact that they have right so say such thing
Your point is right about them trying to make you angry&upset, cuz all they are waiting for is for you to change your answers
when asked many times and 2 to check your body language whne you answer them.

I guess mostly they ask questions related to the application. But we were only asked one question from the application beside that everything is related to my life only.

• Wow
Reactions: hibijibi

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Re: this is a list of what they ask in the interview, very important read it
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 04:34:15 am »
A CRITICAL QUESTION :

83. If I refuse this application w hat will you do?

How would you answer this question?
I know this is an old topic but I think it might be interesting to make it current. I'm curious to see some answers here.
Anyone?

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 02:59:14 pm »
You should say you will appeal. If the appeal fails, your Canadian spouse will come live with you in your own country.

If you don't say something like that, the VO won't believe it is a genuine relationship. I read one case on REFLEX where the Canadian spouse was asked if she would go back to Haiti to live with her husband if his PR application was refused. She said no, because Haiti was too poor and dangerous. Her husband's application was rejected because the VO - and, later, the appeal board - said that if she really loved her husband she would be willing to go back to live with him in Haiti.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
PROBABLE QUESTION ON INLAND APPLICATION :

Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 11:35:48 am »

what did you have for dinner last night?
what did you do yesterday evening/what time did you go to bed etc?
what side of the closet is your stuff on?
what side of the bed do you sleep on?
where is the TV/Sofa/some piece of furniture...

basic questions that two people, cohabitating in a genuine relationship might/should know

Reactions: Danbikim

meks

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Hi, I noticed that i ve to face the interview just after 5 months of my application submission. 13 months gone i didnt got the date. Im just waitin n waiting.......