FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
satbsi said:
Thanks for the reply. But in this case what reason has to be mentioned ? And what is the probability of getting visitor visa? She has job back there in india .
Hi there,

1) In the application form for spousal visa, you have to select 'YES' against the question whether any visa was previously refused?......you may or may not mention the reason why the visa was refused. The visa refusal letter will contain the reasons why they refused the visa.

2) TRV/Visa approval depends on many factors. If visa office finds that the applicant has spouse or any close ties in Canada, it is normally negative. They think there is a big risk that the applicant may not come back! If there is a very good travel history, good bank balance, properties, steady income etc. with strong local ties they might issue visa but everything depends on the visa processing officials.

Please check this thread for many helpful tips about how to obtain visitor visa:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
prvc said:
Hi. I have been refused a visa the first time in the US in 2005, but was given the second time in 2007. Would I still include this when asked if any visa was refused? Or the question just pertains to any Canadian Visa? Thanks.. I'm kinda confused.
You must say YES that your USA visa was refused on such and such date. But of course you will explain that you got visa afterwards mentioning the date. If you don't disclose, it will be considered as misrepresentation.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
prvc said:
Hi. I was going through all the documents today and found this question under Schedule A Background/Declaration, number 6, letter d:

Have you ever been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

So I should answer Yes to this and explain the details of refusal and mention that I was given the second time. Right? Thank you. Glad I bumped into this thread because I didn't know I still have to state that. Thanks.
Yes you should say YES, then explain you got US visa later.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
prvc said:
Hi, HASAN9999..

I have a question about LIVING ARRANGEMENTS, question number 27. I hope you could help me out.

Have you and your sponsor lived together?

My husband and I have not lived officially together, but he spent 6 weeks with me at our house prior to our wedding, 10 days when we stayed in a hotel while in the US (2015), and another 7 days in a hotel in the US as well(2016). Is this considered cohabitation, especially the 6-week stay he did at our house with me?

Please help. Thank you.
Hi,

You are married with your husband, right? There is no cohabition requirement for married couple. But how you developed the relationship with your husband and details of cohabition after marriage are very important to prove strong bonding. Staying together proves that relationship with your husband is very strong.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
prvc said:
Thanks! Can I ask one more?

My husband and I have been in a relationship for 5 years before we got married. 3 years and 6 mos of that were mostly LDR. Now I'm having a hard time proving the relationship as we don't have anymore proof of communication for our LDR years. At the time, I wasn't thinking I'd come to Canada because I was residing in the US previously so I wasn't really saving conversations, plus I've upgraded my phone so all previous convo were lost. And when we talked about our future, we decided that I should move to Canada as it was much faster for us be together there. Now, would I raise a red flag because of this? My concern was from 2012 to 2015, definitely we don't have enough proof to say that the relationship was continuous. After leaving the PI in 2012, we met the first time again in Oct. 2015 and the second time in January 2016, both when he visited me in the USA. He moved to Canada in 2014. Then we got married this year in June in PI. Thanks for the help. Any input or insight will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Hi,

The most important fact is that you are a married couple. You didn't keep all communication proofs since beginning is not a big deal because many couple don't keep them anyways. But whatever you have supported by some solid evidences would definitely serve your purpose. Please take a look on previous pages of this thread and you will find lots of valuable information. Please provide enough evidences to stay away from the interview. Also send a complete and thoroughly checked application package.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
prvc said:
Thank you, Hasan! I gave you a + rating because you are such a big help. You are very patient with my questions. Thank you again. More powers.
Thanks. You will find many members here are so much helpful compared to the immigration lawyers. If I could find this forum in 2011, I would have remained as PR and by now could be a Canadian citizen.

Hasan

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I've been reading through this large, extensively useful thread. However, it is too huge to be able to cover.

I need your advice please. I am about to get married in Egypt. I knew my fiancee for a long time and her brother is my friend since childhood. We went to the same schools. I came to Canada in 2013 and became a PR in April 2016.

However, we have no evidence that we had correspondence until August 2016. She just graduated in 2015.

In August 2016 I went on a holiday to Egypt to have an engagement. I have enough evidence that it is not fake, Lots of photos with family and with proper formal clothing for the ceremony. I have also Photos of me with her and our siblings in outings.

I intend to get married in December 2016. I will be able to spend a month in Egypt before having to go back to Canada for my work. We are planning a traditional ceremony with all of our families and friends attending. We will also have several outings and will have photos in several outings.

I plan to submit our application around March 2017.

I need your advice on what to do so that we avoid any complications with our sponsorship and PR applications.

thanks,

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
wildemam said:
Hello everyone, I've been reading through this large, extensively useful thread. However, it is too huge to be able to cover.

I need your advice please. I am about to get married in Egypt. I knew my fiancee for a long time and her brother is my friend since childhood. We went to the same schools. I came to Canada in 2013 and became a PR in April 2016.

However, we have no evidence that we had correspondence until August 2016. She just graduated in 2015.

In August 2016 I went on a holiday to Egypt to have an engagement. I have enough evidence that it is not fake, Lots of photos with family and with proper formal clothing for the ceremony. I have also Photos of me with her and our siblings in outings.

I intend to get married in December 2016. I will be able to spend a month in Egypt before having to go back to Canada for my work. We are planning a traditional ceremony with all of our families and friends attending. We will also have several outings and will have photos in several outings.

I plan to submit our application around March 2017.

I need your advice on what to do so that we avoid any complications with our sponsorship and PR applications.

thanks,
Hi there,

You have ample time ahead of you to organize in a proper manner on the spousal application. Please note:

1) Keep records of all communication with your future wife in terms of chat logs ( through whatever media you use...skype, FaceTime, viber, FaceBook, text messages etc.).
2) Evidences of past and future visits to meet your future wife.
3) Don't miss any ceremonial evidences, wedding and other events as per your traditions including religious formalities.
4) Collect photos, videos together as many as possible on different occasions in many locations.
5) Consider staying longer together after marriage before you get back to Canada.
6) Any evidences showing gift exchanges, money transfers between you two.
7) Show settlement plan of your future wife after receiving PR to show her ability and aspirations.

Hasan

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Hi there,

You have ample time ahead of you to organize in a proper manner on the spousal application. Please note:

1) Keep records of all communication with your future wife in terms of chat logs ( through whatever media you use...skype, FaceTime, viber, FaceBook, text messages etc.).
2) Evidences of past and future visits to meet your future wife.
3) Don't miss any ceremonial evidences, wedding and other events as per your traditions including religious formalities.
4) Collect photos, videos together as many as possible on different occasions in many locations.
5) Consider staying longer together after marriage before you get back to Canada.
6) Any evidences showing gift exchanges, money transfers between you two.
7) Show settlement plan of your future wife after receiving PR to show her ability and aspirations.

Hasan
Hassan Bahi my Ecase add one more line please see below

We sent you correspondence on October 6, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

but i have not receive any email yet

what to do now

regard
SJgolfer

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
sjgolfer014 said:

We sent you correspondence on October 6, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

what to do now

regard
SJgolfer

Hassan bahi last time when they ask me for DNA test they send me letter by register POST did you think
they ask for additional documents or they ask for medical by normal Post

regard
SJGOLFER

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
sjgolfer014 said:

what to do now

regard
SJgolfer

Hello SJgolfer,

Please check your junk email and also check email of your spouse. If you have provided both of your email address to SVO, they normally send all correspondence to both email.

You can email SVO referring eCAS that you have not yet received any correspondence. Also you can submit the same on CIC website through CSE (case specific enquiry).

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Yes the correspondence may contain remedical request which normally they send by email or they may return your original documents and photos. I have also received back original documents and photos by regular post.

Hasan

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Yes the correspondence may contain remedical request which normally they send by email or they may return your original documents and photos. I have also received back original documents and photos by regular post.

Hasan
hasan bahi there is nothing in the Junk mail and also my wife email there is nothing , i remember CIC Ever ask me
do DNA test and they send me letter by Post , you think i should wait two days or send them email and asking
for correspondence

thanks i am worried

regard
SJgolfer

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
Need answer to settle a friendly bet with wife.

Is it a good idea to bring in your interview preparation notes to the interview? Wife says no. I say yes.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hi! I just got my Police Clearance and they require me to use my husbands surname. However I am still using my maiden name on my passport because I am working here in Singapore. The renewal of passport is difficult on my part and it will take a while to release the new one here in SG.Would they accept if I am using my maiden name on passport and my husbands surname on my police clearance?