+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Inquiry

zeblai

Dec 4, 2012
Hi guys,

this is my and my soon to be other half story...

Me: a filipino citizen, single, never been married now in saudi, right age to marry, documents needed to marry is not a problem
Fiancee: a Filipino citizen, now in Canada, Permanent Resident for 2 years, married in Philippines 2008(where there is no divorce), already with divorce certificate issued by Canada 2012, right age to marry of course., a little bit of toxic in terms of processing documents.

So, this is the case, we're planning to marry next year, sometime in 3rd quarter of 2013 in MALAYSIA since we cannot marry in Philippines...

we have sort of a problem on documents needed.

1) the LOI (letter of impedement) for my fiancee, where she will get this? since she is in Canada, she can't get for sure from Philippine Embassy as it'll appear that she is not free to marry; Canadian Embassy does not provide this kind of Certificate, only letter (and for my understanding they only provide this to Canadian citizen, I dont know if Permanent Resident there); Malaysian Embassy will need a letter of Endorsement from Philippine Embassy because we came there as Filipino Citizen..... so any sort of hole to this requirement?

2) her divorce certificate is accepted for sure in Malaysia, we wanted to know if this Divorce Certificate needed to be authenticated at Canadian Embassy @ Canada, or Malaysian Embassy, same goes with the LOI . :)

3) Since Our marriage will be void in Philippines because she is not annuled in there, then do we need to register our marriage in Philippine Embassy? or Malaysian Embassy to be honored as legal document in Canada? If, i will register this marriage, is my status will be change? since this is void in Philippines? am just curious....

a lot of stuff to ask but this would not end if i wouldn't stop, so question will follow for sure.

Any advise guys?

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
In my opinion its better to deal with it in a legal way...or else you both will be denied nor your fiancee would be removed from her pr status.and cic /vo will do a background checking..

zeblai

Dec 4, 2012
netsrak said:
In my opinion its better to deal with it in a legal way...or else you both will be denied nor your fiancee would be removed from her pr status.and cic /vo will do a background checking..
we consulter a lot of lawyers already, even canadian lawyers, the best thing we should do is to marry in other country, not in Philippines, not in Canada,. that's what they advise,. that's why we picked Malaysia...

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
zeblai said:
we consulter a lot of lawyers already, even canadian lawyers, the best thing we should do is to marry in other country, not in Philippines, not in Canada,. that's what they advise,. that's why we picked Malaysia...

You could try asking on the Manilla thread, to see if anyone else has the same, experience as you