+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship (INLAND) 2018

alebcan_

Jan 31, 2018
Hi all! I have a question that I'm hoping someone might know the answer to:

We received two notices online at the end of August: one was a request for my partner's medical, the other was a request for a finger-print based background check that had to be submitted by the 21st of September. My partner completed both, and we were told by the RCMP that we would not see anything in the mail and that they would send it directly to the Mississauga CPC.

On the "documents submitted" portion of the application online it is telling us that action is required to upload his RCMP Criminal Record Check and in the details portion it states "Replacement Needed" that is to be submitted by the 30th of September. He completed a name-based Criminal Record Check when we submitted his application.

My question is: should I upload the original name-based Criminal Record Check into the online tool? Or will that action go away once they receive the fingerprint-based Criminal Record Check?

My gut is telling me that because it says "replacement needed" and there are two separate dates on the sheet that I should upload his original, but I wanted to check and see if anyone on here has had a similar experience!

Thanks in advance :)

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018

We received two notices online at the end of August: one was a request for my partner's medical, the other was a request for a finger-print based background check that had to be submitted by the 21st of September. My partner completed both, and we were told by the RCMP that we would not see anything in the mail and that they would send it directly to the Mississauga CPC.

On the "documents submitted" portion of the application online it is telling us that action is required to upload his RCMP Criminal Record Check and in the details portion it states "Replacement Needed" that is to be submitted by the 30th of September. He completed a name-based Criminal Record Check when we submitted his application.

My question is: should I upload the original name-based Criminal Record Check into the online tool? Or will that action go away once they receive the fingerprint-based Criminal Record Check?

My gut is telling me that because it says "replacement needed" and there are two separate dates on the sheet that I should upload his original, but I wanted to check and see if anyone on here has had a similar experience!

Hi there , when did she applied for criminal record check?

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018

as far as i remember they said criminal background check is valid for 6 months only, that's why i tried to ask you when did your partner took her/his criminal background check?

alebcan_

Jan 31, 2018
Hi there , when did she applied for criminal record check?
The name-based was completed in February, but the fingerprint-based was completed on September 14th. We live in a remote spot so our local RCMP is only open certain dates to be able do fingerprints!

I know there's a good chance they haven't received it yet, I just don't want to wait until the last minute to submit something to the online tool if I already have the document I need!

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018

If you have copy of the criminal background check better to upload it as soon as possible as you were given a deadline. goodluck!!

Sep 19, 2018
Hi! My wife (canadian) and I sent our inland application package at the beginning of August and they returned it yesterday for two mistakes they found. Something about the translations. Nothing too terrible. An easy fix. But my situation is different now from back then. I'm a student until October 2018. When I got my study permit, there was an error and the expiry date was August 31st. I called IRCC and they told me to wait to apply again until close to the expiration date bc they could reject it if it was too early. So, before sending the spousal application, I applied for a study permit extension and haven't heard back since then. Now that we got our application back I don't know how to proceed bc I'm under implied status and to fill again the forms some of them ask you for expiration date of your current status (those forms don't allow you to type a date older than today).

Someone has any idea of how to proceed... I try calling IRCC but they are temporary unavailable.

Thank you

Iglet

May 23, 2017
Iglet said:
I applied for Common Law PR and OWP - CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. delivered: July. 12, 2018 (Police certificate and Schedule A submitted upfront).
App. returned: Aug. 21, 2018 (small thiks for fix)
App. delivered: Aug. 24, 2018
Waiting for AOR :)

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018
Hi! My wife (canadian) and I sent our inland application package at the beginning of August and they returned it yesterday for two mistakes they found. Something about the translations. Nothing too terrible. An easy fix. But my situation is different now from back then. I'm a student until October 2018. When I got my study permit, there was an error and the expiry date was August 31st. I called IRCC and they told me to wait to apply again until close to the expiration date bc they could reject it if it was too early. So, before sending the spousal application, I applied for a study permit extension and haven't heard back since then. Now that we got our application back I don't know how to proceed bc I'm under implied status and to fill again the forms some of them ask you for expiration date of your current status (those forms don't allow you to type a date older than today).

Someone has any idea of how to proceed... I try calling IRCC but they are temporary unavailable.

Thank you

If your wife is a canadian and your application is under spousal sponsorship and even your status is almost expired you can apply for a visitor visa or if you really have no status at all and you applied for permanent residence you can still get your permanent residence thru public policy as long as you have no removal order from immigration. The following are for those who run out of status:

Lack of status
For the purposes of the current public policy only, persons with a “lack of status” refers to those in the following situations:

• persons who have overstayed a visa, visitor record, work permit or student permit;
  • persons who have worked or studied without being authorized to do so under the Act;
  • persons who have entered Canada without the required visa or other document required under the regulations;
  • persons who have entered Canada without a valid passport or travel document (provided valid documents are acquired by the time CIC seeks to grant permanent residence).
Note: If a valid passport or travel document is not acquired by the applicant by the time of grant of permanent residence, the applicant may be found inadmissible to Canada. Cases considered under this public policy are not eligible for a passport waiver. Persons seeking this waiver must apply through the regular H&C stream.

As a general rule, CIC should accept only validly issued and non-expired passports for the purposes of the grant of permanent residence in R72. This having been said, the use of a passport which has expired during the processing of an application may be appropriate to fulfill the R72 requirements when no identity issues remain.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Does anyone know when your told u have 30 days to do medical, do you have to have it all in to them in 30 days or just do the exams in 30 days?

Got the request but earliest appt avail here is 2 weeks away. Plus dr said it can take a week or 2 to get back all the results and have everything submitted. she stated as long as the date on the papers show u did ur exam before the 30 days, its ok. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Hello all. Does the medical request for the PA come before Sponsorship Approval?

yach28

Nov 20, 2018
Hi all,

Thought I'd share my timeline for an inland spousal sponsorship in Ontario, starting in September 2018:

Application submitted via mail: 26 September 2018
AOR: 27 October 2018
Medical Exam Request: 30 November 2018
CPCM / CTDM - Inland APR Eligibility Decision (for sponsor and spouse): 22 March 2019
CPCM / CTDM - Inland Landing Letter: 29 March 2019
Landing Interview from Communication from CIC Etobicoke: 11 April 2019
Landing Appointment in Etobicoke: 25 April 2019

I didn't need to produce any additional documents until my landing appointment. Please take proof of address for the sponsor and spouse to show that you are living together - a utility bill or bank statement works. We were asked for PR photos of the spouse ( they only used 1 of mine), and the sponsor had to show photo identification x 2 (PR card, Driver's License or Passport).

Please note that I didn't need to call CIC to make an appointment, instead, I had an appointment date and time sent to me. You will be called into the office half an hour before your appointment. The landing took ten minutes, and the immigration officers are really polite :)

Thanks so much to this forum for all your help, and good luck to everyone applying!