+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in New Delhi VO

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
Hi dear all,

My husband is in Afghanistan and his application is stuck in security and background checks. I have applied for his sponsorship on May 2017. So, his application was submitted after December 2016; the new law that processing time is in 12 months.
When I applied, they did everything in the beginning including (medical examination and police certificate). I have submitted all the documents they asked. My husband’s medical result will expire in June 20th, 2018. I am so stressed and concerned what are they doing? What will be the next step? When will the checks will be completed?

Has anyone experienced the same like me in India VO?
Can you please share your experience ?
I am so stressed

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi dear all,

My husband is in Afghanistan and his application is stuck in security and background checks. I have applied for his sponsorship on May 2017. So, his application was submitted after December 2016; the new law that processing time is in 12 months.
When I applied, they did everything in the beginning including (medical examination and police certificate). I have submitted all the documents they asked. My husband’s medical result will expire in June 20th, 2018. I am so stressed and concerned what are they doing? What will be the next step? When will the checks will be completed?

Has anyone experienced the same like me in India VO?
Can you please share your experience ?
I am so stressed
Hi

There is no law about processing times being 12 months. It is simply a target that IRCC said they will try to meet. Apps can and do take longer. No one can tell you when the app will be done.

Applications for people from Afghanistan tend to take longer than normal because of the background and security checks. Many of these checks require responses from agencies/departments within the applicant's country and Afghanistan generally takes a long time to respond.

Reactions: singleman

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
Hi

There is no law about processing times being 12 months. It is simply a target that IRCC said they will try to meet. Apps can and do take longer. No one can tell you when the app will be done.

Applications for people from Afghanistan tend to take longer than normal because of the background and security checks. Many of these checks require responses from agencies/departments within the applicant's country and Afghanistan generally takes a long time to respond.
When I am checking the processing time in cic.gc.ca (spouse, Afghanistan, after Dec. 2016), it shows 12 months.
Also, my husband received his pre-arrival services on March 2018, I contacted the embassy VO and they said it is in security and background checks.
Then why they send my husband pre-arrival invitation when there is no issuance of visa?
It is totally frustrating and business they do on people. Looks like my husband should do re-medical.
Why they send the pre-arrival invitation as if they issue the Visa, but no Visa yet....

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
When I am checking the processing time in cic.gc.ca (spouse, Afghanistan, after Dec. 2016), it shows 12 months.
Also, my husband received his pre-arrival services on March 2018, I contacted the embassy VO and they said it is in security and background checks.
Then why they send my husband pre-arrival invitation when there is no issuance of visa?
It is totally frustrating and business they do on people. Looks like my husband should do re-medical.
Why they send the pre-arrival invitation as if they issue the Visa, but no Visa yet....
They all say that. As I already said, 12 months is simply IRCC's target.

His background and security checks have likely been delayed.