+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship in Abu Dhabi

seawater1106

Nov 25, 2010
I was just wondering if anyone who applied for their spouse in 2009 has received a visa yet. I have sponsored my husband who lives in Kuwait (work permit) but have not heard anything from the embassy.

Below is my information that's on the CIC website.

Mississauga:
Received my application on April 16, 2009.
Started processing my application on May 28, 2009.
They sent me a letter on May 28, 2009 about the decision on the application.

Abu Dhabi:
Started processing application on June 22, 2009.
My husband received an email in November 2009 requesting more documents which we sent back in the timeframe given to us (45 days)

I recently called the Mississauga office and was advised to ask my husband to email the Abu Dhabi office and inquire about the processing times but have not received a reply yet. The reason I called them was because the processing times have recently changed. It says that applications processed between October 2009 - September 30, 2010 will now take up to 25 months. But my application had started in June 2009 but the lady told me that it could be 25 months. This is frustrating because I was told that it would take between 12-18 months. We've been waiting for December 2010 that's when we'll complete 18 months.

I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

Is there anyone in the situation as me???

Please reply!

Thanks
Seawater

seawater1106

Nov 25, 2010
No one???

seawater1106 said:
I was just wondering if anyone who applied for their spouse in 2009 has received a visa yet. I have sponsored my husband who lives in Kuwait (work permit) but have not heard anything from the embassy.

Below is my information that's on the CIC website.

Mississauga:
Received my application on April 16, 2009.
Started processing my application on May 28, 2009.
They sent me a letter on May 28, 2009 about the decision on the application.

Abu Dhabi:
Started processing application on June 22, 2009.
My husband received an email in November 2009 requesting more documents which we sent back in the timeframe given to us (45 days)

I recently called the Mississauga office and was advised to ask my husband to email the Abu Dhabi office and inquire about the processing times but have not received a reply yet. The reason I called them was because the processing times have recently changed. It says that applications processed between October 2009 - September 30, 2010 will now take up to 25 months. But my application had started in June 2009 but the lady told me that it could be 25 months. This is frustrating because I was told that it would take between 12-18 months. We've been waiting for December 2010 that's when we'll complete 18 months.

I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

Is there anyone in the situation as me???

Please reply!

Thanks
Seawater

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Hey all i can do is to advise you be patient in this time because we are all waiting to be united with our spouses. its not an easy road to go through so you have to be strong and dont go by the timeline because it may just happen that you might get a response in the new month or maybe not but what you can do is try to get your mp involved and see if they can help you in anyway to find out whats happening or write a letter to them and fax it usually that speeds it up rather than emailing them. Anyway good luck and hope you get an answer soon

seawater1106

Nov 25, 2010
jaweda said:
Hey all i can do is to advise you be patient in this time because we are all waiting to be united with our spouses. its not an easy road to go through so you have to be strong and dont go by the timeline because it may just happen that you might get a response in the new month or maybe not but what you can do is try to get your mp involved and see if they can help you in anyway to find out whats happening or write a letter to them and fax it usually that speeds it up rather than emailing them. Anyway good luck and hope you get an answer soon
Thank you Jaweda for your reply.

I have been patiently waitinf for the past 17 months now, I've just visited my husband and I miss him alot. Which is why I want him to come here fast. I did contact my MP they said it would take between 12-18 months, I know I have 1 more month to go but am bit scared as the processing times have changed and I don't want it to take additional 7 months.

Did you mean write a letter to the embassy or my MP??

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.

Seawater!

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
hey no problem at all glad to give advice Fax a letter to the embassy to get an update sometimes they respond quicker than emails i know this from experience. So when you write just ask them for an update and include all your info like
d.o.b
passport number
full name and file number of the applicant not the sponsor

Thats all i can say and good luck on your journey in this immigration process.

jhun_nyor

May 24, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Ahabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 17 2009
File Transfer...
Apr 26 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2010
Hi

there is a thread for people who applied through Abu Dhabi Office. Search for user: Abumawada he started the thread. All our info's and timeline were posted there =)

I myself waited for 17mo's before getting my Visa. It was processed in Abu dhabi in April 2009 and i got my visa in September 2010.
My advise is everytime you submit a document make sure you email them about it. I have bad experience with them with regards to this. They lost my documents they have requested and it took months before they replied that they lost my documents

I think you are close to the finish line just hold on =)

seawater1106

Nov 25, 2010
jhun_nyor said:
Hi

there is a thread for people who applied through Abu Dhabi Office. Search for user: Abumawada he started the thread. All our info's and timeline were posted there =)

I myself waited for 17mo's before getting my Visa. It was processed in Abu dhabi in April 2009 and i got my visa in September 2010.
My advise is everytime you submit a document make sure you email them about it. I have bad experience with them with regards to this. They lost my documents they have requested and it took months before they replied that they lost my documents

I think you are close to the finish line just hold on =)
Thank you jhun_nyor for the reply.

I was wondering, did you have to go for an interview? When we sent our documents my husband did email them to see if they had received them BUT he never got a reply back. My MP confirmed that they did receive the documents so that was a relief. Also, what was the processing time for your application? I mean on the CIC website. For us it keeps changing so am not sure which dates to go with. So frustrating :mad:

Please reply.

Thanks
Seawater!

seawater1106

Nov 25, 2010
jaweda said:
hey no problem at all glad to give advice Fax a letter to the embassy to get an update sometimes they respond quicker than emails i know this from experience. So when you write just ask them for an update and include all your info like
d.o.b
passport number
full name and file number of the applicant not the sponsor

Thats all i can say and good luck on your journey in this immigration process.
Thank you for the advise. I will contact them once the 18 months have passed. My MP did say between 12-18 so I am hoping I'll hear something before then.

Thanks again... :)

fruit_loops01

Dec 20, 2010
Hi guys!

I cant beleive that they've now hiked it up to 25 months :eek:.... : (
I am a bit confused however and would like someone to advice me if they can. I am also going the sponsorship process and am sponsoring my husband through the Abu Dhabi office. They started processing my application on August 15th 2010 so I guess I have a long wait to go still since it's only been 4 months. What confuses me is that on the AOR letter from Abu Dhabi which I received, it states average processing time 6-12 months....What does that mean? Does that now mean that it can take longer than 12 months and I have to wait an addition 1 year and a month. I'm really conufsed about this and would really appreciate your replies.

Thank you!

seawater1106

Nov 25, 2010
fruit_loops01 said:
Anyone???
Hey fruit_loops01,

To be honest I am not sure how long they would take to process an application. When I submitted my application back in 2009, they had said 17 months as the months went by they said 18 months and now their saying it could take upto 25 months. So I am not sure what the right answer is to this question. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Seawater

Kulilit

Aug 17, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2011
fruit_loops01 said:
Hi guys!

I cant beleive that they've now hiked it up to 25 months :eek:.... : (
I am a bit confused however and would like someone to advice me if they can. I am also going the sponsorship process and am sponsoring my husband through the Abu Dhabi office. They started processing my application on August 15th 2010 so I guess I have a long wait to go still since it's only been 4 months. What confuses me is that on the AOR letter from Abu Dhabi which I received, it states average processing time 6-12 months....What does that mean? Does that now mean that it can take longer than 12 months and I have to wait an addition 1 year and a month. I'm really conufsed about this and would really appreciate your replies.

Thank you!

Hi,

My wife is also working in Middle east but use her country of nationality as the VISA office for the reason that in Abu Dhabi it will take her 25 months bin processing.... While in her country of nationality it takes only 6-9 months... I just recently submitted her application last month.... maybe 25 months is approximnate if the papers are incomplete.....

fruit_loops01

Dec 20, 2010
HI, Thanks for the reply guys,

Well I hope that its just approximate. I am also working in the middle east (Qatar) and Abu Dhabi is the closest Visa office that can help us. But after knowing 25 months! just to process, I'm clearly dissapointed. I hope I dont have to wait that long : (

I am also wondering why they stated on the AOR letter that the approximate time to process my case was 6-12 months?
Which was in August 2010 when I received the AOR letter.

Should I just disregard the 6-12 months and think that its 25 months now!

Any more replies or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

fruit_loops01

Dec 20, 2010
Hi Seawater!

Did they actually state 17 months for approximate time it would take to process on your AOR letter from Abu Dhabi? Or is that what was written on the CIC website.

Just curious. Thank you for your reply.

seawater1106 said:
Hey fruit_loops01,

To be honest I am not sure how long they would take to process an application. When I submitted my application back in 2009, they had said 17 months as the months went by they said 18 months and now their saying it could take upto 25 months. So I am not sure what the right answer is to this question. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Seawater