+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship, IMM 5540, Q16, Need help as we had withdrawn application

kan12

Aug 19, 2010
Hello,
I am submitting the application to sponsor my spouse. However we had submitted an application last year, which we had to withdraw, as my wife who is living in china, her father became very sick, and she had to stay there for almost 10 months more to help him recover.

we are now reapplying the application again.

My question is, form IMM 5540, Question 16, ask if I have ever submitted a sponsorship application for another person before?
What shoudl be my answer. The part that confuses me is that the questions says "application for another person". Does it mean any other person exlcuding the person i am sponsoring right now, in which case my answer will be NO, as my last spouse application i applied was for my wife only. Or does this mean for any person ever, in which case my answer will be Yes.

I would really appreciate any help to this question

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You could probably answer yes or no. However, in both cases you should attach a letter of explanation to the form. What you told us here is a perfectly good reason for withdrawing an application.
I would answer yes, plus the letter.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
I'm with canadianwoman - it probably doesn't matter if you check yes or no. Just provide a letter explaining exactly what you've written here and that you withdrew because of personal circumstances, so you're reapplying now. CIC tends to be quite reasonable with this sort of thing. :)